Woots Sold (rank):
Top 2% of Sport Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Tactical Rifle Scabbard
Price: $15.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Jun 18 to Thursday, Jun 21) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Kirkstone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Kirkstone

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 8 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

Black would have been my ideal, but Urban Gray is a good consolation color

darks7ar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darks7ar

A shotgun scabbard is one thing, this is silly and pointless.

StarKnightGoku

darks7ar wrote:A shotgun scabbard is one thing, this is silly and pointless.

It's great that your handler lets you post on the internet, but maybe have them teach you to explain your opinions when vomiting them needlessly.

mediumsizedgiantant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mediumsizedgiantant
Kirkstone wrote:Scabbard, not case.

Scabbard literally means "blade protector" in old german, so applying the term to a gun seems inappropriate.

I suggest "gun purse".

1075hoehn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1075hoehn

Just because you can't see the purpose doesn't mean there isn't one and that the concept is silly. Picture this mounted vertically in/on a vehicle where quick deployment is necessary, not just slung over the back of Rambo.

See how I didn't vomit up snarky criticism of a comment, but instead gave an explanation?

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/usergals/2017/06/full-39941-103864-gun2.jpg

darks7ar

StarKnightGoku wrote:It's great that your handler lets you post on the internet, but maybe have them teach you to explain your opinions when vomiting them needlessly.

Whoa, triggered the keyboard commando!
I'm sure this will do a great job protecting your poly lower, NCSTAR optic wearing, "good enough for me" AR while you're waddling from your jacked up front, lowered rear F250 to the firing line at your local range.
At least when you put the earpro on, you will finally be able to tune out the snickering that goes on behind you as you pass by them, sporting this 3/4 of a soft case POS.
After you're done doing mag dumps, providing your poly lower doesn't split on you, you can once again bring that swagger back as you shove your Great Value AR into your oversized holster and saunter up to the counter to pay, beaming with pride at your hole riddled target as if it just took the gold in the Swiss division of the world cheese competition. This hot range chick working the register is def gonna notice your AR holster and totally take interest in you!
Don't forget to sport that stock Glock 17 in a level 3 SERPA retention holster! I hear that gets them hella moist!

Here's to you Mr. Range Normo!

darks7ar

1075hoehn wrote:Just because you can't see the purpose doesn't mean there isn't one and that the concept is silly. Picture this mounted vertically in/on a vehicle where quick deployment is necessary, not just slung over the back of Rambo.

See how I didn't vomit up snarky criticism of a comment, but instead gave an explanation?

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/usergals/2017/06/full-39941-103864-gun2.jpg

You mean the rifle in the picture that's not retained in any way for 95% of its length?
That, if you hit a decent bump, is probably gonna bounce forward and clock the driver in the back of the head?
The rifle that is in no way readily accessible to the driver as it's either mounted directly behind the strong side, or across and behind the body of the strong side depending on dominant hand?
To say nothing of how you would even begin to mount it there.

Yeah, I can totally see this as being useful.
thumbsupokay.gif

mediumsizedgiantant

I still think we should be focusing on making fun of the fact that it's called a "scabbard"...I guess so the user can feel like he's the modern incarnation of a medieval warrior?

mmeiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmeiss

Is "tactical rifle" another way of saying "assault rifle?"

pflieger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pflieger
mediumsizedgiantant wrote:I still think we should be focusing on making fun of the fact that it's called a "scabbard"...I guess so the user can feel like he's the modern incarnation of a medieval warrior?

Language does change...

mediumsizedgiantant

pflieger wrote:Language does change...

For sure. Sometimes the changes deserve to be mocked.

Don't we already have a word for an open-topped gun holder that allows one to easily pull the gun out? Rymes with "bolster"...

1075hoehn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1075hoehn

#pedantic

bowlingb

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bowlingb
mediumsizedgiantant wrote:I still think we should be focusing on making fun of the fact that it's called a "scabbard"...I guess so the user can feel like he's the modern incarnation of a medieval warrior?

How about sheath?

robdcm

quality posts: 9 Private Messages robdcm

Woot should bundle this with some Omaha Steaks and a Jerky Sampler for maximum “value.”

synapses11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages synapses11
mmeiss wrote:Is "tactical rifle" another way of saying "assault rifle?"

You mean "tactical" "rifle scabbard"

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
StarKnightGoku wrote:It's great that your handler lets you post on the internet, but maybe have them teach you to explain your opinions when vomiting them needlessly.

Woot needs to add a "Like" button!

mcox84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcox84
darks7ar wrote:Whoa, triggered the keyboard commando!
I'm sure this will do a great job protecting your poly lower, NCSTAR optic wearing, "good enough for me" AR while you're waddling from your jacked up front, lowered rear F250 to the firing line at your local range.
At least when you put the earpro on, you will finally be able to tune out the snickering that goes on behind you as you pass by them, sporting this 3/4 of a soft case POS.
After you're done doing mag dumps, providing your poly lower doesn't split on you, you can once again bring that swagger back as you shove your Great Value AR into your oversized holster and saunter up to the counter to pay, beaming with pride at your hole riddled target as if it just took the gold in the Swiss division of the world cheese competition. This hot range chick working the register is def gonna notice your AR holster and totally take interest in you!
Don't forget to sport that stock Glock 17 in a level 3 SERPA retention holster! I hear that gets them hella moist!

I ordered one thinking it'd be good to throw my AR into to carry it from the truck to the table at the range without the bulk of a hard shell case. Use the MOLLE to put some mag pouches on it, and bam, my hands are free to carry more ammo cans. Or perhaps someone's on a horse or four wheeler on their ranch and wants a scabbard to hold their rifle as the move around their property. But that's just my thinking.

wootjustwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootjustwoot

Is this iwb or owb scabbard?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

FishtownMike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FishtownMike

Thanks for clearing that up, TT.
Sheath for a tool.
Your words, not mine.
But I concur wholeheartedly, lol.

mediumsizedgiantant

ThunderThighs wrote:

I'm not saying that they're using the word in a way that's objectively incorrect - I'm saying that they're using it in a way that deserves to be made fun of. Having a dictionary on your side is not a free pass to pretend that your rifle makes you Willaim Marshal and not be made fun of.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FishtownMike wrote:Thanks for clearing that up, TT.
Sheath for a tool.
Your words, not mine.
But I concur wholeheartedly, lol.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

StarKnightGoku

darks7ar wrote:Whoa, triggered the keyboard commando!

"You're so triggered I've written a 500 word rant"

mmeiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmeiss
synapses11 wrote:You mean "tactical" "rifle scabbard"

The line at the head of the ad says "Tactical Rifle Scabbard." I took that to refer to a scabbard for a tactical rifle. Are you of the opinion that it is the scabbard that is tactical, not the rifle?