Back to Amazon.com

hugenut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hugenut

what's the warranty for these? I don't see it listed anywhere for the new or refurb units.

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
hugenut wrote:what's the warranty for these? I don't see it listed anywhere for the new or refurb units.

Waayyyyy down at the very bottom of the 'Features' tab, we list the warranty as 1yr Motorola. Hope that helps!

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM
dunlop406 wrote:Also from what I have read unless you have a Motorola phone you cant get notifications like a Pebble would be able to.

They originally required a Motorola phone, but now you can install the app on any Android phone.

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

teedo757

quality posts: 9 Private Messages teedo757

I was lucky enough to get one of these in a recent Bungled Original Communicator (thanks woot). I have a garmin so I let my wife use this. She loves it for working out indoors. It has a ton of activities to pick from where as my garmin only has running or biking. My only complaint would be trying to sync it to an iPhone. It looks like it has native android support but I could not get the bluetooth to play nicely with the iPhone. I would recommend this to someone who works out in a gym or likes to track their calorie burn from doing various activities. When it warms up I will compare the running and biking to my garmin but at this point it seems like a decent watch for around $100.

csram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages csram

Has anyone had any problems in associating your device to your MotoCast ID? I just got one of these refurb 16GB devices and have been unable to sign onto MotoCast ID despite trying to do so on two different computers (a Mac and a PC) and even from the device itself. I get an "Error Code 20" from my computers. I even set up a second account using another e-mail address. No luck.

retropug

quality posts: 4 Private Messages retropug
kat8480 wrote:I won one used it a few times and it sucks!
Save your money. buy a Garmin or Polar.
or buy mine for half price :0

I would be interested in yours if it is complete. ?.is yours the 8gb or 16gb...let me know

rhoffpauir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhoffpauir
csram wrote:Has anyone had any problems in associating your device to your MotoCast ID? I just got one of these refurb 16GB devices and have been unable to sign onto MotoCast ID despite trying to do so on two different computers (a Mac and a PC) and even from the device itself. I get an "Error Code 20" from my computers. I even set up a second account using another e-mail address. No luck.

What software/firmware version is yours on? This was posted in the comments from the December sale...

http://sellout.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5660033

drblast33 wrote: It had a VERY early, what seems like "beta ROM" on it. It was version 0.0.1 or something. It could not configure because the links to the motoactv site was all wrong. The only way to get it working was to Root it and use tools found on the internet to reload a ROM on it

Another user with the same problem contacted support and got authorization to send it back to be upgraded. http://sellout.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5660489

I tried the instructions given for sending the watch back, but they didn't work. I finally ended up rooting mine. It was easier than expected and I am so glad I did. I just bought 2 more.

beachbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beachbob

Received 16G new as a gift from Dec woot.
Software vs 0.0.1 as others with inability to update or connect with MotocastID: error (20), try again later.
I can confirm repair to stock with Cleardroidroms.com tool.

Windows 7 computer:
1. Download cleardroid root tool and unzip on computer.
2. Fully charge Motoactv with wall charger then turn off.
3. Boot Motoactv into fastboot by pressing power and down vol at same time for 3 sec and release. Fastboot was a lower version than stated on cleardroid instructions, 3.12 vs 3.14
4. Open root tool on computer and press "return to stock".
5. Connect Motoactv to computer with USB, root tool will recognized device.
6. Data transferred to Motoactv, took 10-15 min.
7. Motoactv restarts itself to base stock version.

On Mac installed Motocast software I was then able to connect with Motocastid, no error (20) and register device (required for updates and full functions). Then installed the remaining device updates at least 3-4 times, rebooting itself each time taking another 20-30 min.

Disconnected Motoactv and went trough setup on device, obvious that original software version incorrect at this point as it now asks country, time zone, time, date, personal info setup ect. (none of this happened the first time used)

Golf included in updates, GPS, wifi all functioning. Have not tried much else yet after taking 5-6 hours to figure this out.

kurtois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kurtois

Anyone have an estimate on when the 16GB refurb sold out?

I was unhappy I missed out on that deal.

RE: 16GB and the Motoactv ID Issue:

I know the 16GB and the 8GB use different firmware, as I understood. Are 8GB users encountering similar issues with the ID?

Please advise.

gruvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gruvy
beachbob wrote:Received 16G new as a gift from Dec woot.
Software vs 0.0.1 as others with inability to update or connect with MotocastID: error (20), try again later.
I can confirm repair to stock with Cleardroidroms.com tool.

Windows 7 computer:
1. Download cleardroid root tool and unzip on computer.
2. Fully charge Motoactv with wall charger then turn off.
3. Boot Motoactv into fastboot by pressing power and down vol at same time for 3 sec and release. Fastboot was a lower version than stated on cleardroid instructions, 3.12 vs 3.14
4. Open root tool on computer and press "return to stock".
5. Connect Motoactv to computer with USB, root tool will recognized device.
6. Data transferred to Motoactv, took 10-15 min.
7. Motoactv restarts itself to base stock version.

On Mac installed Motocast software I was then able to connect with Motocastid, no error (20) and register device (required for updates and full functions). Then installed the remaining device updates at least 3-4 times, rebooting itself each time taking another 20-30 min.

Disconnected Motoactv and went trough setup on device, obvious that original software version incorrect at this point as it now asks country, time zone, time, date, personal info setup ect. (none of this happened the first time used)

Golf included in updates, GPS, wifi all functioning. Have not tried much else yet after taking 5-6 hours to figure this out.

^ditto

Woot, nice job.

Blindsider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blindsider
kurtois wrote:Anyone have an estimate on when the 16GB refurb sold out?

I was unhappy I missed out on that deal.

RE: 16GB and the Motoactv ID Issue:

I know the 16GB and the 8GB use different firmware, as I understood. Are 8GB users encountering similar issues with the ID?

Please advise.

I got the 8GB refurb and have had zero issues with anything so far. Did my first workout today and when I signed into my Motoactv account (Mac) all the data was logged already. Map looked legit too. Used the headphones and music worked perfect too. I was also able to connect my bluetooth headphones and the controls on the headphones worked as they should too. No complaints so far.