Top 2% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Reverse Open Wind-Proof Umbrella
Price: $16.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, May 18 to Friday, May 19) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

lnault

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lnault

Purchased this umbrella in February. Used it for the second time last week and it refused to open all the way. When I finally got it open all the way it wouldn't close at all. Had to stuff it into the back of my truck.

stevenmonty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevenmonty
lnault wrote:Purchased this umbrella in February. Used it for the second time last week and it refused to open all the way. When I finally got it open all the way it wouldn't close at all. Had to stuff it into the back of my truck.

Thanks for the feedback. My sister had some brand from QVC that's stands up by itself. This looks like a knock off.

nmill005

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmill005
lnault wrote:Purchased this umbrella in February. Used it for the second time last week and it refused to open all the way. When I finally got it open all the way it wouldn't close at all. Had to stuff it into the back of my truck.

Was about to pull the trigger and then read your review. Thanks for saving me some money!

mkdr

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mkdr
stevenmonty wrote:Thanks for the feedback. My sister had some brand from QVC that's stands up by itself. This looks like a knock off.

I just came here to comment something similar! One of the greatest things of the original version is that it stands up on its own, as well as the handle that you can hang from something, or hang bags from while using. This is a poor imitation, although it looks like it is a smaller size when folded up which would make it easier for storing.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

nmill005

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmill005
stevenmonty wrote:Thanks for the feedback. My sister had some brand from QVC that's stands up by itself. This looks like a knock off.

Checked out the one from QVC. Seems to have poor reviews as well. A good concept that apparently still needs some refining.

italianemperor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages italianemperor

Is this a knock off of the Swiss Tek one that was sold on woot a few times?

mamajoan

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mamajoan
mkdr wrote:I just came here to comment something similar! One of the greatest things of the original version is that it stands up on its own, as well as the handle that you can hang from something, or hang bags from while using. This is a poor imitation, although it looks like it is a smaller size when folded up which would make it easier for storing.

Your description sounds like the one I bought from woot a few weeks ago. It opens "in reverse" like this one, but has the curved handle, and can stand up on its own. I haven't had opportunity to use it yet so I can't speak to its durability or such.

JudithMcMillen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JudithMcMillen
mamajoan wrote:Your description sounds like the one I bought from woot a few weeks ago. It opens "in reverse" like this one, but has the curved handle, and can stand up on its own. I haven't had opportunity to use it yet so I can't speak to its durability or such.

I bought 2 of the SwissTek a couple of weeks ago. They have the curved handle. We've used them a couple of times and really like them. They do stand up on their own.

thanson63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages thanson63

How could this be a knock-off when it says Better Brella?