WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How do you feel about motorcycles?
  • 28.5% - They're great! I have one! 220
  • 24.7% - They're great! I want one! 191
  • 36% - They're ok, but I'm not interested in owning one. 278
  • 10.9% - I don't like them at all. No thanks. 84
773 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

isrousro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isrousro

Actually have more than one.

snarkyman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snarkyman

I don't like them when they ride by house, drowning out conversation, the TV, music, etc.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

Seem too many people scraped off the highways and roads because of simple premise:

Car > Motorcycle

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976

Best advise I ever got is "Ride like everyone is trying to kill you."

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 86 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I grew up on a dirt bike, riding miles of trails & hills virtually every day.

I've had a couple road bikes, but drivers are always trying to kill you...

isrousro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isrousro

This.

netprophet1976 wrote:Best advise I ever got is "Ride like everyone is trying to kill you."

Inatangle

quality posts: 127 Private Messages Inatangle

I'm totally puzzled that some cyclists do not want to wear a protective helmet. Do they have a death wish or what?

askdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages askdal

I'd love to have one or more, had a couple as a kid, got hurt almost every time I got on one, still have a small piece of gravel in an elbow and barbwire lace on one leg. I best leave Motorcycles to the young, brave and fearless.

jcctx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcctx
Marcusx70 wrote:Seem too many people scraped off the highways and roads because of simple premise:

Car > Motorcycle

To expand on that premise: The one with the most lugnuts, wins.

mtorres042001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtorres042001

We have 6 in our household. I don't care if someone doesn't like the loud sound my bike makes, because that means that they hear us, and hopefully are looking out, so as to not run into us. (similar to a bicycle, just faster)

Share the road people! And don't hate on those that are allowed to "split lanes" just because you are stuck in traffic. We do it so we can get out of your way and to not be hit/killed by your big metal cage.

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976
mtorres042001 wrote:We have 6 in our household. I don't care if someone doesn't like the loud sound my bike makes, because that means that they hear us, and hopefully are looking out, so as to not run into us. (similar to a bicycle, just faster)

Share the road people! And don't hate on those that are allowed to "split lanes" just because you are stuck in traffic. We do it so we can get out of your way and to not be hit/killed by your big metal cage.

The loud noise thing (and lane splitting thing for that matter) are completely true. They actually add an artificial engine noise to electric motorcycles because they're too quiet, no one knows they're there.

GunNut37086

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GunNut37086
snarkyman wrote:I don't like them when they ride by house, drowning out conversation, the TV, music, etc.

I have a lot of friends that are the biker types. They claim their loud pipes are for safety, but they ride around with half a helmet and zero protective gear. Personally, I despise loud bikes...both of mine are quiet. To each his own, I guess.

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

3 friends on motorcycles - Dead, or are of deminished mental capacity.

1 friend on bicycle - Dead.

I had a bad accident on a dirt bike. Another dirt bike rider was very careless and hit me broadside.

Gave up both!

Ah, the hell with it.

ekarlw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekarlw

I feel about mine starting with my hands, then the inside of my thighs as they slide onto it, and finely my sensitive tush gets the tingles...

davoh

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davoh
netprophet1976 wrote:Best advise I ever got is "Ride like everyone is trying to kill you."

I got that same piece of advice when I started riding and it's saved my butt on several occasions.

jfceb3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfceb3
davoh wrote:I got that same piece of advice when I started riding and it's saved my butt on several occasions.

Ditto.

TimUSCA

quality posts: 8 Private Messages TimUSCA

They look fun as hell, but safety is the reason I'll never own one. You can be the most talented biker in the world, and all it takes is one idiot looking at their phone or playing with the radio for you to be dead. Nothing you can do about it.

I like my chances with walls and air bags around me.

ronin4t7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronin4t7

Love my bike, I know the risk.
i think the comments are funny. "t's dangerous, you could get hurt."
You know, I've had my heart broken several times. Still not not afraid of dating.

jmurockstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmurockstar
isrousro wrote:This.

yep. Can't stand it when I go on vacation in states with no helmet law and see people riding in shorts, sneakers, and a smile. ATGATT.