WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Should competitive handwriting be a sport?
  • 9.2% - Yes! Everything should be a sport! Sports are great! 47
  • 22.7% - I guess, if people care enough about it to make it one. 116
  • 68.1% - No. Sports need to be more athletic than that. 348
511 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

willozwisp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willozwisp

Everything is a game! We just seem to mostly play the game of: "This is not a game, this is serious..." We are all either playing the zero or non-zero sum game. Competing. Even in grade school: Whose handwriting is better, more legible. There is actually a World Handwriting Contest. And WHAC rules for the competition. The NHA is active in all this. Sound familiar? National Handwriting Association. Not as familiar at the WAC or NHL. But close, for those who realize the history and importance of penmanship and such names as William Oland Bourne or Anaya Ellick. Remember, it trumps the sport of fencing: "The pen is mightier than the sword."

krychek67

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krychek67
willozwisp wrote:Everything is a game! We just seem to mostly play the game of: "This is not a game, this is serious..." We are all either playing the zero or non-zero sum game. Competing. Even in grade school: Whose handwriting is better, more legible. There is actually a World Handwriting Contest. And WHAC rules for the competition. The NHA is active in all this. Sound familiar? National Handwriting Association. Not as familiar at the WAC or NHL. But close, for those who realize the history and importance of penmanship and such names as William Oland Bourne or Anaya Ellick. Remember, it trumps the sport of fencing: "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Sounds WHACk to me! (I crack me up) ;-)

jeland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeland

It should be right up there with toilet bowl diving.

JohnnyA1228

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnnyA1228

Only full contact competition. And no padding or helmets!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain
JohnnyA1228 wrote:Only full contact competition. And no padding or helmets!

... except padding your resume... with calligraphy!!!

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

When I finish writing something, it looks as if multiple people have written it. Does that mean I have multiple personalities or just too creative to go the norm?

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158

No way, I don't need another activity I have no chance of winning.

bdp2166

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdp2166

Everyone is treating this like its a joke. Allow me to remind you of competitive gaming.