quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever been in a parade?
  • 32.3% - Yes and it was fantastic! 154
  • 42.6% - Yes, but it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. 203
  • 6.1% - No, but I hope to be in one someday. 29
  • 19.1% - No. I hate parades. 91
477 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

Yes, I designed the float and painted all of the walls to depict school scenes from each time. It was an Education Celebration. Education, past, present and future, using appropriate props for each time period. I have taught so long that the future scene is here! Computers were just coming out and my future scene was children, using headphones and computers.

originalamber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages originalamber

I was in a homecoming (high school) parade and, for a while, the team I helped coach was in a bunch of parades.

jegandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jegandy

At boot camp graduation...but that's probably not the kind of parade you were referring to.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

In college, I was a drill team member and we went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. (King Rex)

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37

High School Band and Girl Scouts ensured I was in many parades. Being in a walking krewe for Mardi Gras in New Orleans was totally different and amazing fun!

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes

I was about 9 years old and got to be an elf on Santa's float in the town's Christmas parade. It was great to have Santa's ear for so long!

davoh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davoh

I used to help decorate floats for the Rose Parade. Does that count? If not, what about a parade on a military base? I've been in lots of those.

JohnnyA1228

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnnyA1228

Does a "perp walk" count?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

1976, and I was about knee-high and dressed in ca. 1776 period clothing; it was the Bicentennial celebration. It was pretty cool, but a lot of walking for a kid my size.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

SquidProject

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SquidProject

In high school marching band, yeah. The field shows were the best part, but the parades were pretty fun too.

2bee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2bee

Once, then I realized I was missing seeing the thing.

krychek67

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krychek67

I have no idea what the parade was, but we were marching wearing our very stylish red bowling shirts with our empty bowling bags at our side...It was the late 70's and we just didn't know any better apparently. Not the proudest of moments.

photobobk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages photobobk

Once drove two local Beauty Queens in my convertible in a neighboring city's "Home Days" parade. Pretty fun...

pkrzycki

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pkrzycki

I've been in parades in both the summer and fall in full marching band uniforms. In one band, they were all black and the entire parade was on an uphill slope. To make matters worse, the majority of the band, myself included were hungover. I feel like I can accurately sympathize with the survivors of the Bhutan death march.