quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Yukon Outfitters Gun Cases, Racks & More

Cases! Bags! Racks! Scabbards!

Scabbards?

SCABBARDS!

nogginjones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nogginjones

Why would the handles be situated relative to the underside of the rifle? This means that when you set the bag down, the scope is the first thing to make contact with the ground. That's a fine recipe for pretty much never hitting your mark. I don't get the logic. Looks like a nice soft case otherwise.

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik

I've never really heard much about Yukon Outfitters before, and I found out why. While the name sounds like something that has probably been around for eons, it's actually a rather new company. According to their facebook page, they were founded just 5 months ago in March 2013.

The more you know...

Edit: I stand corrected. As pointed out below, it seems the company has been around for a while. It's just their facebook page that's new.

FeeJswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FeeJswoot

How sturdy are the scabbards? Do they hold their shape or can they be crushed or folded?

genocyber36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genocyber36
nogginjones wrote:Why would the handles be situated relative to the underside of the rifle? This means that when you set the bag down, the scope is the first thing to make contact with the ground. That's a fine recipe for pretty much never hitting your mark. I don't get the logic. Looks like a nice soft case otherwise.

if you're talking about the "Scoped Rifle Case," I believe it works better for AR type rifles. I have a similar case, though a bit smaller, that I occasionally use for mine and it fits better with the scope along the crease.

Wall-Man

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wall-Man

I was curious about the Scabbard as well. Did a google search and came up with this video. Looks like a good product but way to much velcro on it.

http://youtu.be/j2Nn2QQqDz8

yukonoutfitters

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yukonoutfitters
nogginjones wrote:Why would the handles be situated relative to the underside of the rifle? This means that when you set the bag down, the scope is the first thing to make contact with the ground. That's a fine recipe for pretty much never hitting your mark. I don't get the logic. Looks like a nice soft case otherwise.

Dear Nogginjones, The scoped rifle case is purpose built and was designed with the M4 platform in mind. The M4 and other AR variants will fit in this bag scope up, or along the top padded ridge where the handles are. This allows for quick access when the rifle is at the range, on a tailgate or table. This bag will also work as a drag bag in a pinch and with the reverse mounted handles the bag can be mounted in an ATV, side by side or truck / hunting jeep and straps won't get in your way when retrieving the rifle from the bag.

Upon first looks, the design seems counter intuitive. However, a closer look will show the beauty in the details.

Unlike your stereotypical gun case, we put a little more thought into the ergonomics of this bag.

The weapon is mounted with the scope at the top of the case, where it is always protected.

The sloped design of the bottom allows the cases to be stacked side by side with the handle always up.

This allow the case to rest at a 20 to 40 degree angle depending upon the weapon being protected.

The case can then be retrieved using the handle or by grabbing the butt end of the case and pulling it out of the side by side stack.

The case is zippered on the bottom for ergonomics. Now when you set your case down on the table, tailgate or wherever, the top of the case folds away from you, not into your body like all the other cases on the market.

Breaking traditional molds and thinking outside the box. Yukon Tactical.

yukonoutfitters

Bandrik wrote:I've never really heard much about Yukon Outfitters before, and I found out why. While the name sounds like something that has probably been around for eons, it's actually a rather new company. According to their facebook page, they were founded just 5 months ago in March 2013.

The more you know...

Hi Bandrik,

Yes it's true, our FB page is only 5 months old but we've been building killer OEM product for other major brands for over 13 years. YT itself has been in development for over 2 years now and every product is designed with the hunter and outdoorsman in mind and will be at home in field ops, or the family hunting trip Thanks for checking us out!

yukonoutfitters

FeeJswoot wrote:How sturdy are the scabbards? Do they hold their shape or can they be crushed or folded?

Hi FeeJswoot,

You CAN NOT fold these scabbards, They will hold their shape thus protecting your investment while in your car or truck. The Rifle Scabbard has an adjustable strap at the bottom to accommodate various barrel lengths ...specifically in the M4 platform.

We have guys who regularly store bull barrel M4's with scopes in these scabbards that will still keyhole a target at 250+ yards down range. Our in house 450 marlin fits perfectly in the shot / range gun scabbard and this is an investment quality piece.

Please let us know if you need any more info on our scabbards... pics.. vids.. you name it. Thanks for looking!

yukonoutfitters

genocyber36 wrote:if you're talking about the "Scoped Rifle Case," I believe it works better for AR type rifles. I have a similar case, though a bit smaller, that I occasionally use for mine and it fits better with the scope along the crease.

Genocyber36,

You are correct... these were designed with M4 platforrms in mind.... we just added double stack mag pouches on the outside so you won't be longing for more rounds at that range...

yukonoutfitters

Wall-Man wrote:I was curious about the Scabbard as well. Did a google search and came up with this video. Looks like a good product but way to much velcro on it.

http://youtu.be/j2Nn2QQqDz8

Hi Wall-Man,

There is a reason to our velcro madness.
With a simple male piece or sheet of velcro you can...

1. Wall mount this case with rifle in a gun room or large gun safe.
2. Securely mount this case on an ATV, side by side, hunting jeep or truck
3. Secure this case with rifle to your drag bag or vehicular mounted range systems.

We like option 2 best as this case works like a charm for securing your weapon while having it readily available when hunting hogs.

jorahood1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jorahood1

What is the range of circumference for the cartridge belt? (as in what waist sizes for wearing it as a belt?)

nivram

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nivram
jorahood1 wrote:What is the range of circumference for the cartridge belt? (as in what waist sizes for wearing it as a belt?)

Specs show as:
Dimensions: 44" H x 5" W x 1" L

My guess is that it should handle waist sizes down to maybe 32". Certainly not a "one size fits all", since the rather rotund body shape, with a waist size of over 44", will be SOL.

yukonoutfitters

jorahood1 wrote:What is the range of circumference for the cartridge belt? (as in what waist sizes for wearing it as a belt?)

Hi Jorahood1,

The range belt will fit waist sizes from 31" to 56" and weighs 2.52 lbs when fully loaded with 12 gauge bird shot and a smart phone in the pouch.

Thank you for checking out the product!

jorahood1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jorahood1
yukonoutfitters wrote:Hi Jorahood1,

The range belt will fit waist sizes from 31" to 56" and weighs 2.52 lbs when fully loaded with 12 gauge bird shot and a smart phone in the pouch.

Thank you for checking out the product!

Thanks for the info! I wanted to get one for myself and another as a gift, but needed to know the max size.

EddieAngel333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EddieAngel333
nivram wrote:Specs show as:
Dimensions: 44" H x 5" W x 1" L

My guess is that it should handle waist sizes down to maybe 32". Certainly not a "one size fits all", since the rather rotund body shape, with a waist size of over 44", will be SOL.

44" High 1" Long... Really LOL

newman88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newman88

Are the backpacks/bags completely waterproof?

shikemd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shikemd

The next time you guys do product shots you should include the firearms. Like maybe show a shotgun in the shotgun scabbard. Nobody interested in buying this stuff will be offended, and it will answer a lot of questions before they're asked.

HeadAcheJoe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages HeadAcheJoe

Love that somebody from the company is answering questions!

I was on the fence about the overwatch bag, but I like to see folks get behind their products, not afraid to face the proverbial firing line of questions.

In for one-- it might just become my new coaching bag, or smaller bug-out bag.

Steimes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steimes

Really liking the bug out bag, but wondering how tough the hardware is on that guy. It looks like it would make for a great range bag, but I have had similar form factor bags in the past break at the strap points due to cheap plastic attach points. I can't tell from the pictures what material and quality they are.

yukonoutfitters

newman88 wrote:Are the backpacks/bags completely waterproof?

Hi Newman88

The sides of our scabbards are waterproof as they have a PE board insert to hold shape in between several layers of foam and nylon. However, the top ends are of course open, and there are ventilated rivets at the bottom so that your barrel won't rust over time due to humidity in your gun safe and or vehicle, office... etc.

The Cartridge Belt, Bugout Bag, Breakdown case, Rilfe bag and Overwatch sling pack are water resistant but not water proof. We do have a line of waterproof gun storage systems and bags that will debut later this fall...

Hope that this helps!

yukonoutfitters

shikemd wrote:The next time you guys do product shots you should include the firearms. Like maybe show a shotgun in the shotgun scabbard. Nobody interested in buying this stuff will be offended, and it will answer a lot of questions before they're asked.

Shikemd,

We hear you loud and clear. Check out these product review videos of this line complete with different weapons..

Rifle Scabbard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Nn2QQqDz8

Breakdown case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilhTgjypsS0

Shotgun / Range Gun scabbard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_qMghMLVY

Cartridge Belt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99l-G9u9wes

yukonoutfitters

HeadAcheJoe wrote:Love that somebody from the company is answering questions!

I was on the fence about the overwatch bag, but I like to see folks get behind their products, not afraid to face the proverbial firing line of questions.

In for one-- it might just become my new coaching bag, or smaller bug-out bag.

HeadAcheJoe,

We appreciate you reading the responses! This stuff is what we live for be it in the woods, at the range or tending to our preps. The BugOut bag doubles as our design guys softball/ gym bag and you're spot on with the Overwatch being able to handle Coach duties.... she'll do work as a bugout option as well. Thanks for the support!

yukonoutfitters

Steimes wrote:Really liking the bug out bag, but wondering how tough the hardware is on that guy. It looks like it would make for a great range bag, but I have had similar form factor bags in the past break at the strap points due to cheap plastic attach points. I can't tell from the pictures what material and quality they are.

Steimes,

The side pockets and internal organization system on the BugOut bag would work well at the range. You could organize boxes of various rounds from 12ga to .556 to .40 or 9mm internally and still have room for your pistol, break down weapon or carbine that uses pistol rounds. If fully loaded we would recommend using the top carry handle or internal backpack strap options vs. the shoulder strap to traverse distances longer than from your home to vehicle or vehicle to gun range. The hardware used was designed with buggin' out in mind and weight was critical. We used the metrics of 2 changes of clothes, 2L of water, purification tablets, fire starter, 5lbs of trade materials, 5lbs of freeze dried or canned food, break down weapon with 300 rounds plus mags, rain gear and semi auto pistol with 50 rounds/ 2 mags for bugging out. The contoured design will hold all of this nicely against your back and keep the gear tight and stable no matter if you're on an ATV, dual sport bike, foot or vehicle. Let us know if you need any more info!

newman88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newman88
yukonoutfitters wrote:Hi Newman88

The sides of our scabbards are waterproof as they have a PE board insert to hold shape in between several layers of foam and nylon. However, the top ends are of course open, and there are ventilated rivets at the bottom so that your barrel won't rust over time due to humidity in your gun safe and or vehicle, office... etc.

The Cartridge Belt, Bugout Bag, Breakdown case, Rilfe bag and Overwatch sling pack are water resistant but not water proof. We do have a line of waterproof gun storage systems and bags that will debut later this fall...

Hope that this helps!

Will the waterproof bags look like the tactical bugout bag w/ mollie straps?

first2summit

quality posts: 7 Private Messages first2summit

I like the bug-out bag design though a question/suggestion. I like that it can be a duffel bag with the handle, shoulder bag, and backpack.

When using it as a shoulder bag, is there a pocket to stow the straps shoulder straps? And something to consider - a chest (sternum) strap and maybe a hip belt for stability and comfort.

yukonoutfitters

newman88 wrote:Will the waterproof bags look like the tactical bugout bag w/ mollie straps?

Right now they won't havre the mollie straps as sewing to a waterproof bag causes problems to be 100% waterproof. We're experimenting with some shell variants that would be mollie compatible while keeping the important items dry. When looking for waterproof do you think that mollie is important to have? We're having this debate now and would like the feedback

GamerGeek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GamerGeek

Just received the bug out bag this morning and have to say it's pretty nice. Overall construction is fairly solid, the seams are well sewn and I only had to trim back 2 loose thread ends near the zippers.

Unexpectedly, the main carry grip in the center of the bag's top has a nice and squishy soft wrap around the straps, which is a big change from the stiff webbing handles of other gear bags like this. I’m betting it will make carrying it MUCH nicer on the hands.

All of the zippers have a knotted cord pull instead of a metal pulltab, which I personally like, but others may not. It definitely reduces clinking and clattering noise. Though the cord supplied is great, I’ll be replacing them with custom 550 paracord pulls. That’s just something I’ve done with all my bags.

It’s got some roomy outer pockets, but those are really for quick access things like your wallet, phone or a small medkit. The inside is very spacious and is uniquely designed, at least from my experience. It has a pair of mesh pockets in the lid for some small stuff. The main compartment, which I really like, has a pair of floppy dividers that have zippers on each edge so you can have 4 different division configurations depending on how you pack it up. The strapping material is good, strong quality webbing you’d find on more well-known bags, and the molle rigging on the faces is well attached.

If I had to find a fault it would be with the shoulder straps. They’re constructed well, and good enough to do the job intended, but they’re just a little thin on the padding. On the other hand, I do like the fact that they detach at the bottom and can be folded away in the zippered compartment that covers the entire base of the bag when not needed.

Overall grade: 4.5 out of 5. Sturdy materials with what appears to be top-notch construction makes for a durable bag that will take some abuse and come out looking good. If you give this company some time and experience to refine the designs and accessories, I’m guessing they’ll approach Maxpedition’s quality fairly quickly.

lanwarrior

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lanwarrior
yukonoutfitters wrote:If fully loaded we would recommend using the top carry handle or internal backpack strap options vs. the shoulder strap to traverse distances longer than from your home to vehicle or vehicle to gun range.

I am curious as why would you recommend using the handle instead of the should strap when the bag is fully loaded. Does the should strap have a weight limit that it may break?

In the SHTF situation, I will need the bag on my shoulder because my hands are busy carrying my AR!

Bandrik

I was considering either the Yukon Outfitters shotgun scabbard, or one of a couple others that are on Amazon.com that had tons of 5-star reviews. I couldn't find ANYTHING about the Yukon-branded one via google searches, so I was hesitant to try it.

I decided to be adventurous and give the Yukon Outfitters one a try after all. I did this even before the Yukon rep here started answering questions (which is AWESOME by the way). I'll report back with my thoughts on it.

Also, I agree, I LOVE it when company reps come to woot and engage with customers via the comments section. Community outreach is huge these days, and its nice to see when companies understand that.

yukonoutfitters

first2summit wrote:I like the bug-out bag design though a question/suggestion. I like that it can be a duffel bag with the handle, shoulder bag, and backpack.

When using it as a shoulder bag, is there a pocket to stow the straps shoulder straps? And something to consider - a chest (sternum) strap and maybe a hip belt for stability and comfort.

First 2 Summit,

The sternum strap is a great idea and we'll look into it. The shoulder straps can be retrieved from a hidden pocket on the bottom of the pack. When you're not using the backpack version you can just stow them in this pocket. We'll post some pics of this on our FB page today.

yukonoutfitters

lanwarrior wrote:I am curious as why would you recommend using the handle instead of the should strap when the bag is fully loaded. Does the should strap have a weight limit that it may break?

In the SHTF situation, I will need the bag on my shoulder because my hands are busy carrying my AR!

Lanwarrior,

Let us clarify. We agree with you that both hands need to be on the peace keeper in a SHTF situation. Because of this, the shoulder straps should be deployed thus allowing for the user to use a map, or control an AR/M4. The top carry handle is designed to be a pin point secure spot to 'grab and go' or toss the bag in a vehicle. The shoulder strap is more for the every day gym bag / weekender option before the zombies come.

Thanks for pointing this out.

yukonoutfitters

Bandrik wrote:I was considering either the Yukon Outfitters shotgun scabbard, or one of a couple others that are on Amazon.com that had tons of 5-star reviews. I couldn't find ANYTHING about the Yukon-branded one via google searches, so I was hesitant to try it.

I decided to be adventurous and give the Yukon Outfitters one a try after all. I did this even before the Yukon rep here started answering questions (which is AWESOME by the way). I'll report back with my thoughts on it.

Also, I agree, I LOVE it when company reps come to woot and engage with customers via the comments section. Community outreach is huge these days, and its nice to see when companies understand that.

Bandrik,

Thank you for giving us a shot! We think that you'll be happy with the results. Please share your comments when you get the scabbard. What kind of gun are you going to use it for?

drummingpariah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drummingpariah

I just received my order, and I'm really impressed! Here's my National Match Service Rifle (20" ar15) and scoped 10/22 in the rifle scabbard. I was hoping to be able to squeeze the NM Service Rifle into the Shotgun scabbard, but it's too large all around. The rifle scabbard is perfect for an ar15 (without a foregrip) though!

I'm extremely impressed with the quality overall, and the variety of mounting/rigging options available. Highly recommended.

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron

Will the shotgun scabbard fit an M1 Garand, or a 1903?

alexanderluthor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alexanderluthor

Im confused by the dimensions of the shotgun scabbard.
Dimensions: 29.5" H x 6" W x 2" D

is that suppose to be 29.5" length?

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron
alexanderluthor wrote:Im confused by the dimensions of the shotgun scabbard.
Dimensions: 29.5" H x 6" W x 2" D

is that suppose to be 29.5" length?

Only if it is resting on a table.

sblake8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sblake8

I received my order today which consisted of the Breakdown Gun Case and the 4 Gun Pistol Rack. The Breakdown Case exceeded my expectations. The quality is top notch. The $5 shipping was fast. Ordered on Wednesday morning and it was at my front door this afternoon. I will definitely be a return customer for Yukon Outfitter products.

Bandrik

yukonoutfitters wrote:Bandrik,

Thank you for giving us a shot! We think that you'll be happy with the results. Please share your comments when you get the scabbard. What kind of gun are you going to use it for?

You're welcome.

I'm using this with a Mossberg 500 with just a pistol grip (no stock). It fit quite well, feeling snug and kept in place without being too tight. The padding on the inside was nice, and I don't fear that it'll scratch the shotgun. Overall it was well constructed, and for the most part I'm quite happy with it.

For constructive criticism, there's only one main thing I would have liked to have seen. This would have been much nicer with a shoulder pad for the main strap. It's not bad without, but having one would have been a nice extra feature.

Conclusion: great product, especially for the price. As the Terminator says, I'll be back.

yukonoutfitters

Boxymoron wrote:Will the shotgun scabbard fit an M1 Garand, or a 1903?

Hi Boxymoron,

The shotgun scabbard will fit an M1 Carbine. You'll need the Rifle scabbard for the M1 Garand or 1903. We have a Springfield SOCOM here in the shop which is similar in size to your Garand (depending if your Garand is 'Sporterized' or not) and it works nicely with the Rifle Scabbard. We've posted pics on our facebook page for reference.

These are all great questions though and we're going to have loads of pics with multiple weapon systems next time around for your reference.