WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: People who run marathons and put those "26.2" stickers on their cars should:
  • 32.9% - Flaunt it! Hell yeah! 457
  • 20.8% - Be proud in private 289
  • 46.2% - Get over themselves 641
1387 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

That's the same number of how many fs I give about marathon runners.

If one can run 26.2 miles FOR LEISURE, why can't they walk or run to work?

Delfeye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Delfeye

26.2, good
13.1, OK, I guess

anything less...

get a grip.

mncowboy96

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mncowboy96

So your saying you can run 26 miles by putting a sticker on your car? Good for you.. would be more impressed if you where running to work.

circusninja

quality posts: 8 Private Messages circusninja

It is a little annoying, it would be like me plastering my car with black belt stickers. No humility.

McGuffy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages McGuffy

"There are 2 types of people in the world: Those can extrapolate from incomplete data."

maelstrom83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maelstrom83
McGuffy wrote:

Hahaha love it.

Re: the stickers, good on 'em. Running a marathon is a hell of a task and achievement.

1 Lonely Woot.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

My brother: 26.2
His wife: 50.0 (some of it walked)
Me: 1.31

Squirrelhunter70

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Squirrelhunter70

If I see someone with a 13.1 sticker I say "Way to half ass that marathon".

wirechief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wirechief

Comments coming from people who could not run 1 mile, let alone 26.2

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
curtisuxor wrote:That's the same number of how many fs I give about marathon runners.

What's the connection you're making here? It's more fit to run everyday than once in awhile, or that people should run everywhere they go?

No snark, just genuinely curious. They seem like pretty different things.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

kbsig106

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kbsig106

I would like a .409375 sticker...

hjansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hjansen

If you can't run a marathon in under 4 hours, no. If you can run a marathon in under 3 hours, you probably don't care about flaunting it and/or shouldn't even own a car, really.

But 13.1, no way.

NuAngel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NuAngel

If doing so, they should also be required to put a sticker on their car with the TIME on it.

This one time, I wooted off in public.

jmelemarion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmelemarion

:

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

I see NOTHING wrong with bragging rights! I've never seen this sticker, I'm not a marathon runner but if someone does a 26 mile marathon, more power to them. BRAG ALL YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU WANT! I might try it someday, right now I can't even walk 26 miles. Keep it up runners and even walkers!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

die13lda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages die13lda
curtisuxor wrote:That's the same number of how many fs I give about marathon runners.

I also don't really see the connection here. I don't jog to work because A) I don't want to be a sweaty mess and B) I don't really want to have a 2 hr commute each way.

I think most, if not all, marathons/half marathons give out the stickers, so why not slap it on the back of your car. I don't have one on because I'm getting rid of my car soon and don't want to deal with trying to get it off.

I guess it's really to each their own because I absolutely hate those stick figure family stickers (except the Star Wars themed ones, those ones win over my geeky heart).

salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth

I'd like to have the knees that could do that. Go, busted cartilage and a bone chip! Depends how soon I want surgery, I guess.

Squirrelhunter70

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Squirrelhunter70
wirechief wrote:Comments coming from people who could not run 1 mile, let alone 26.2

Saltiest user on the site right here.