conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3664 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's read some comments from when this was offered in March

conanthelibrarian

Nice little review over at shootingillustrated.com

Titanium400

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Titanium400

Redfield is a sister brand of Leupold. They're actually highly regarded for solid value.

simonwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simonwang

Wow, $199.99 for a spotting scope! Everyone out there sells it between $209-$299. NO ONE is selling it for $1222.92! Come on woot where are you getting the msrp from?!?!

[MOD: See my post below for a complete explanation.]

conanthelibrarian

Nice video from redfieldhunting

k2wananb

quality posts: 12 Private Messages k2wananb

The highest actual price I can find is on Sears' website ($347.78). Amazon lists the retail price as $1,532.88

mtka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtka

Have a 30X80 Optolyth Scope, from the 70's, super quality. The Redfield is similar specs, as far as power and aperture go. My scope is actually good for star gazing, wildlife, and spotting the neighbors. You should have a tripod for this, not shaky hands.

wsmiddel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wsmiddel

soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34
mtka wrote:Have a 30X80 Optolyth Scope, from the 70's, super quality. The Redfield is similar specs, as far as power and aperture go. My scope is actually good for star gazing, wildlife, and spotting the neighbors. You should have a tripod for this, not shaky hands.

Don't you mean shaky hand?

semperputo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages semperputo
k2wananb wrote:The highest actual price I can find is on Sears' website ($347.78). Amazon lists the retail price as $1,532.88

Really because my search of Amazon was $285 with prime/super saver shipping. There was also a cheaper price, but this is fulfilled by Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Redfield-Rampage-20-60x80mm-Spotting-114651/dp/B007VCB1QW

ConradVernon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ConradVernon
semperputo wrote:Really because my search of Amazon was $285 with prime/super saver shipping. There was also a cheaper price, but this is fulfilled by Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Redfield-Rampage-20-60x80mm-Spotting-114651/dp/B007VCB1QW

You should read what you quote. They said Amazon lists the RETAIL price at that. Not what they were selling it for. And they were correct.

209Mason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 209Mason

I'm not a frequent wooter but I check the deals everyday. Especially the sport/outdoors stuff. When I see crazy MSRP's like this it definitely makes me think twice about certian deals I see. More due diligence will be required if this persists. Definitely $289 MSRP on the manufacturer's website.

EDIT... okay.. this is not the one listed on the Manufacturer's website. The one there(model 67600) is not 'angled' like this one(model 114651). The specs are a bit off as well. I take back my previous statement.

However... I cannot find a manufacturer's page for this specific part number. My guess is that this is an older model and Redfield has since changed their MSRP 'padding'.

Sorry Woot.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

LIST PRICE or MSRP

We do not make these numbers up. It is a field on our purchase requests that are filled out by the vendor. There is a field where they must state the MSRP. This is the number we use in our sales.

The model number you are looking at on the manufacturer's site doesn't match the one we were given by the vendor. Our kit doesn't seem to be available on their site.

As an example and to show you that we don't pull these numbers out of our...., here's an excerpt from this order showing the MSRP directly from the vendor:

Now, can we talk about the scope, please?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mirylad985

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mirylad985

What is the minimum useful distance on this? I know it will reach out there, but will 100 yards or so be too blown up to understand what you are seeing?

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:LIST PRICE or MSRP

We do not make these numbers up. It is a field on our purchase requests that are filled out by the vendor. There is a field where they must state the MSRP. This is the number we use in our sales.

The model number you are looking at on the manufacturer's site doesn't match the one we were given by the vendor. Our kit doesn't seem to be available on their site.

As an example and to show you that we don't pull these numbers out of our...., here's an excerpt from this order showing the MSRP directly from the vendor:

Now, can we talk about the scope, please?

It's in their [current] 2012 Catalog on their website, but they do not have a MSRP listed for this item.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

bullittsam159 wrote:This can be had at amazon for the same price without the ridiculous list price gimmick. That's great that your PO gives an MSRP of 42 billion dollars but woot is the only place listing that MSRP

Amazon also lists a very high MSRP. This appears to be one of those cases where the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) isn't remotely close to the actual price a consumer is likely to pay, but Woot is accurately reporting what the vendor indicated.

I think in most cases, if you look around the web for ANY woot deal, you won't find ANYONE selling ANY product at MSRP. Sometimes MSRP is more in-line with retail and sometimes not. Today is a "not" day.

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

pablukas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pablukas

is the eyepiece fixed or is removable?... can you use it with a camera and a t-mount?

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
209Mason wrote:I'm not a frequent wooter but I check the deals everyday. Especially the sport/outdoors stuff. When I see crazy MSRP's like this it definitely makes me think twice about certian deals I see. More due diligence will be required if this persists. Definitely $289 MSRP on the manufacturer's website.

MSRP is a trap. It will bring tragedy to your lives if you buy this, especially financial ruin, and contribute to the downfall of humankind. Doesn't matter if the purchase price is the lowest known this product has sold for.

So please don't fall for the low purchase price. It's not even what matters here at all. At best, it's a diversionary tactic. It's clearly far better to buy this product at a higher price someplace else that lists a lower MSRP. Anyone that says otherwise is just being sneaky and is untrustworthy; they want you to believe that the actual purchase price is what really matters. They'll tell you about sites like camelcamelcamel and froogle and use words like the mothership and to check prices elsewhere but they're just ignorant of the greater conspiracy. Don't be misled. MSRP matters.

Friends don't let friends ignore MSRP. If you ignore MSRP, _they_ win, and you don't want that.

SerialBeggar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar
ThunderThighs wrote:

Maybe one of the 3 "2s" was a typo and the MSRP is actually just $122.92?

SerialBeggar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar

On a more serious note, what's the difference between a spotting scope and a telescope or monocular?

paranoid56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paranoid56

annnd it doesnt matter anymore, all sold out lol. was reading the comments and went to buy and all gone. oh well. midway here i come.

amazondeals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amazondeals
soontekoh34 wrote:Don't you mean shaky hand?

Dpends on the size of the uhm, scope and the quality of the neighbor. Maybe he uses both hands.

denise1962

quality posts: 1 Private Messages denise1962
mrln wrote:MSRP is a trap. It will bring tragedy to your lives if you buy this, especially financial ruin, and contribute to the downfall of humankind. Doesn't matter if the purchase price is the lowest known this product has sold for.

So please don't fall for the low purchase price. It's not even what matters here at all. At best, it's a diversionary tactic. It's clearly far better to buy this product at a higher price someplace else that lists a lower MSRP. Anyone that says otherwise is just being sneaky and is untrustworthy; they want you to believe that the actual purchase price is what really matters. They'll tell you about sites like camelcamelcamel and froogle and use words like the mothership and to check prices elsewhere but they're just ignorant of the greater conspiracy. Don't be misled. MSRP matters.

Friends don't let friends ignore MSRP. If you ignore MSRP, _they_ win, and you don't want that.

Wow, I want to live in your world! At the very least have your pharmaceuticals.

Joshua714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joshua714

Aww... missed it... More please.

David

royfoster76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages royfoster76

Bought this last week for $199 + shipping and it arrived today. Nice box, all wrapped in cellophane! Opened it up and the scope is totally useless. It seems to have a broken prism. Something inside it rattles around like a baby's toy. Also the 80mm lens appears scratched. What a huge let down. I called Lupold and was instructed to pack it up and ship it back with a note and they'd look into it and contact me. My 1st experience with woot! and maybe my last. This is why I pause at buying online instead of in person. Highly pissed.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

royfoster76 wrote:Bought this last week for $199 + shipping and it arrived today. Nice box, all wrapped in cellophane! Opened it up and the scope is totally useless. It seems to have a broken prism. Something inside it rattles around like a baby's toy. Also the 80mm lens appears scratched. What a huge let down. I called Lupold and was instructed to pack it up and ship it back with a note and they'd look into it and contact me. My 1st experience with woot! and maybe my last. This is why I pause at buying online instead of in person. Highly pissed.

sorry to hear that. i know it's frustrating. feel free to email Support@Woot.com so we can assist you with the process. i will notify them from my end as well & make sure they're aware of your post.

apologies again. we certainly don't want anybody to have a bad experience with us - especially when it's their first Woot purchase.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.