Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:Java 7, update 25. How do I know if that's the newest version?



Check Java version

If that's current and you're still having the problem, try clearing the cache, or look at the page to see if there's something failing (ie, frozen ticker, video not opening).

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Jaws 15 inches of rain! Good grief! I think we have had over 5. Our Internet has been out. My Mom's house that is rents started leaking last night. Hubby can't find a hole int he roof or a busted shingle. Good grief. More heavy rain tonight.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote: Check Java version

If that's current and you're still having the problem, try clearing the cache, or look at the page to see if there's something failing (ie, frozen ticker, video not opening).



There's a window with an X in the corner. So I went to "Troubleshooting FAQ." It has a few things listed, starting with "Try the offline installer package" and "Uninstall any non-working Java installations."

Should I start with those?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
joyner wrote:Jaws 15 inches of rain! Good grief! I think we have had over 5. Our Internet has been out. My Mom's house that is rents started leaking last night. Hubby can't find a hole int he roof or a busted shingle. Good grief. More heavy rain tonight.



Raining here all day again, but I'm sure we're not getting what other sections of the country are getting.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Financial guy here this morning with long-term care plans. Very confusing. Very expensive if you go with one. Very, very expensive if you don't.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I've been clearing storm drains on the blocks I need to get the car to the main roads.

Yes, I'm bored while walking Rusty.

In Queens, when I was a kid, the city came around every few years and cleaned the storm drains with a huge claw and a dump truck.

Took all the garbage that got washed into it out.

They also had home owners clearing around it, or you got a ticket (ok, I never heard of it happening, but once....in brooklyn....someone heard of somebody getting that ticket. That was enough to get my grandfather to do it)

Here the storm sewers get totally blocked with gunk and nobody cares. But me.

15"....anyone will flood.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Financial guy here this morning with long-term care plans. Very confusing. Very expensive if you go with one. Very, very expensive if you don't.



Even worse here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Sunny and hot.

No poop yet.

Dr appt with hubby later in the afternoon.

That is all

oh, I dyed my hair.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

I took Mrs. Ice garage saling this morning. I grilled a bunch of various meats for the freezer and took a load over to in laws.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

All you people who live in the hot weather are nuts!

Just saying.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:All you people who live in the hot weather are nuts!

Just saying.



It's only bad about 2 or 3 months.
Your perception of what hot and cold are changes the longer you live here.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:It's only bad about 2 or 3 months



Down south?

Yeah, right.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Had something for dinner tonight that I had one time before. The first time husband said it was good or I wouldn't have put it in the recipe file. Tonight he said he didn't like it. Arghhh!



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Down south?

Yeah, right.



Again you perception of what is hot changes the longer you're here. I really don't get bothered by anything less than mid 90's. Back in Canada it was mid 80's. It didn't take me long to figure why everyone moves slow here in the summer and when they stopped it was always in shade. The worst thing about summer in this part of the south is that it doesn't cool off much at night.

In the end only kindness matters

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

We are up to about 17 inched now and its started raining again. Water is coming through the holes on the dam so had my cousin come pull the gates about 1.5 feet. I may walk out to my Aunt's tomorrow if I can get someone to bring some milk to her home. She is only about a mile down the road, but she is on the paved road and her driveway is paved!

Water coming out the hole on the dam

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jawsuser wrote:We are up to about 17 inched now and its started raining again. Water is coming through the holes on the dam so had my cousin come pull the gates about 1.5 feet. I may walk out to my Aunt's tomorrow if I can get someone to bring some milk to her home. She is only about a mile down the road, but she is on the paved road and her driveway is paved!

Water coming out the hole on the dam



So is this your dam?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser



The big post is the edge of the yard. This is what happened when my cousin raised the gated 1.5 feet.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:So is this your dam?



Part of it yes. It is just an earthen dam. Thankfully it is covered in grass so there isn't much washing when the water comes out the holes created by the gators and beavers. The only bad thing is it is right across from the house, so if it goes we will be swimming with the gators, eels, moccasins and fish in the swamp in back of the house.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

To give you some perspective. The post in the picture about the water coming through the dam is the left post on the gate across the road to the right of the trees in this picture. Basically the field across the road is all part of the dam.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jawsuser wrote:Part of it yes. It is just an earthen dam. Thankfully it is covered in grass so there isn't much washing when the water comes out the holes created by the gators and beavers. The only bad thing is it is right across from the house, so if it goes we will be swimming with the gators, eels, moccasins and fish in the swamp in back of the house.



I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like swimming with any of the above.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:To give you some perspective. The post in the picture about the water coming through the dam is the left post on the gate across the road to the right of the trees in this picture. Basically the field across the road is all part of the dam.



Good luck with the water.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:Good luck with the water.



Thanks, we may need it, it is raining pretty hard again.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all and good luck Jawsuser

In the end only kindness matters

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
Iceback wrote:Good morning all and good luck Jawsuser



Thanks. Good morning to you and any other early risers. How is Mrs. Ice doing?

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:There's a window with an X in the corner. So I went to "Troubleshooting FAQ." It has a few things listed, starting with "Try the offline installer package" and "Uninstall any non-working Java installations."

Should I start with those?



You might not have Java installed at all. That would cause the failures as well. Java is one of those things that's needed for certain pages to appear right (videos and animations, etc) but it's a pain in the butt because it's constantly being updated.

Onions slices and cooking slowly. Mmmm, caramelized onions. Doing water changes and will eventually put away office stuff. Maybe. Might wait until I know what will go in with me to the new job.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
jawsuser wrote:Thanks. Good morning to you and any other early risers. How is Mrs. Ice doing?



She's been having a good few days. Another chemo treatment Monday. We're trying to make the most of the time

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Internet is being screwy.

So if I disappear, that is why. Cable guy might come wed, if it keeps up.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

We are up to 6.8 inches of rain. Hubby patched some places on the roof aty Mom's house. Nothing looked like a leak.vwaiting one re rain to check it out. I suggested the garden hose but hubby laughed at that. Actually saw the sun today. The front seems to have moved a little west of us.

Jaws hope you are drying out.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
joyner wrote:
Jaws hope you are drying out.



I wish! It is raining again pretty good. The road grader was by this morning to smooth out the worst washes. It was barely passible this morning. We have received another two inches since last night. Not sure if I will be going to church tomorrow or not.

Thanks for the good thoughts though.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Internet is being screwy.

So if I disappear, that is why. Cable guy might come wed, if it keeps up.



How's hubby doing?

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:How's hubby doing?



Going to go to work on Mon.
1/2 day, which to him means 5 or 6 hours. After that I smack him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Going to go to work on Mon.
1/2 day, which to him means 5 or 6 hours. After that I smack him.



Sounds like a plan.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Sounds like a plan.



I let Rusty loose in the office if he stays late.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! We are supposed to get another 1-2 inches of rain today. Sigh....... I thought it had moved west. Might go to the lake anyway. We can grill burgers in the rain. Stay dry!

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! We are supposed to get another 1-2 inches of rain today. Sigh....... I thought it had moved west. Might go to the lake anyway. We can grill burgers in the rain. Stay dry!



Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good afternoon all. Have 13 coming for dinner for #2 son's birthday. Was going to be 15 but #1 granddaughter and fiancé have a stomach bug. Translation, they were at a party yesterday, at least one (her) got drunk and feels like s..t today. Grandmothers aren't supposed to be able to figure this out.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
pooflady wrote:Good afternoon all. Have 13 coming for dinner for #2 son's birthday. Was going to be 15 but #1 granddaughter and fiancé have a stomach bug. Translation, they were at a party yesterday, at least one (her) got drunk and feels like s..t today. Grandmothers aren't supposed to be able to figure this out.



Whoops, I was wrong. They just got back from Cancun, where they drank the water. Left the party yesterday early because they were hogging the bathroom.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Whoops, I was wrong. They just got back from Cancun, where they drank the water. Left the party yesterday early because they were hogging the bathroom.



Now, don't you feel bad. They were sick.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Now, don't you feel bad. They were sick.



Not really.

Started out with 15 people coming. Then granddaughter #1 and fiancé are sick. Then granddaughter #2 broke up with her boyfriend yesterday, so he's not coming. Then grandson #1 was working, so he didn't come. Had plenty of food for 11 people.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Latest in the water saga. Last time it flooded the upper spillway culvert broke and was replaced and repaired - until today!



The pipe is five feet round.

Consequently the water that is not running out the upper spillway is coming to the lower spillway near the house.




Definitely exciting times at our house!