4%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2567 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

The shoppers of walmart seem to like this (4.1 stars out of 5.0)

lichme

quality posts: 2293 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2567 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

4 out of 5 stars over at Buzillions.com

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

For those new to planting an in-ground basketball system, you'll need:

• Post-hole digger
• Concrete to set the post
• Rebar to enhance stability (optional)

Our friendly buyer, Matthew, has a couple links from buyers that have handy-dandy tips on installing these.

Good info at Amazon

Good info at Walmart

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ •••
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs

pinchecat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pinchecat

i remember way back when you used to actually see a few of these in every neighborhood. nowadays the real deal has been replaced by the digital lazy version indoors. ahhh, fat america.

AmyDVa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AmyDVa

This is no deal. Its the regular price at Academy Sports. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_419154_-1__?N=109472320

[MOD: Not the same model. That's Acrylic. ]

halnwheels

quality posts: 8 Private Messages halnwheels

good link but $30 shipping makes it not the same price.

AmyDVa wrote:This is no deal. Its the regular price at Academy Sports. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_419154_-1__?N=109472320

FryeGuy93

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FryeGuy93

Does anyone know if this is iPhone compatible?

FryeGuy

aggiestephanie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggiestephanie
halnwheels wrote:good link but $30 shipping makes it not the same price.

Not a good link as it is a completely different system made of cheaper acrylic rather than tempered glass. There is a reason they use glass backboards in league play as they play much better than acrylic. That system also is not described as having the U-turn adjusting function.

keckermann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keckermann

I have the 60" version of this goal we purchased for Christmas. $400 including shipping from amazon.com, it is a extreme install even for seasoned construction oriented individuals, did it myself in 10-12 hours spread over 2 weeks for proper concrete curing - approximately 10 80# bags with 8 in the ground and 2 in the pole. Results are great, the previous poster is correct, the rebounding and play off this backboard is phenomenal compared to fiberglass or acrylic that WILL break in time. Spend the money on the glass and be happy, you can try it in the store displays and notice significant difference.

luciferous

quality posts: 1 Private Messages luciferous

Does anyone know if the "u-turn" lift system that is included with this model is the same as their universal version here?

I've been researching backboards for mounting to my garage, and I like the thought of being able to adjust the height of it. Even if I discard the post components of this unit, it seems like a good deal.

fluffyreeves

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fluffyreeves
AmyDVa wrote:This is no deal. Its the regular price at Academy Sports. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_419154_-1__?N=109472320

Amy: The link you provided is Acrylic, not glass. That is a BIGGGGG difference!!

oeginc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oeginc

Can anyone tell me what the base plate mounting pattern is for this pole? I currently have a 10" x 10" cement base with bolts at 6" x 6" already from a previous basketball system..

Any chance this will just bolt right on? ;)

LordBling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LordBling

I wish my driveway was level, cuz I'd buy the hell out of one of these.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1063 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I can't find instructions for this model (video or manual), but maybe similar products with videos would help get a feel for what's involved?

TheSavvyTech

and forming the concrete

MegaSlam sports version

kcmtnbiker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcmtnbiker
oeginc wrote:Can anyone tell me what the base plate mounting pattern is for this pole? I currently have a 10" x 10" cement base with bolts at 6" x 6" already from a previous basketball system..

Any chance this will just bolt right on? ;)

Similar situation, would this mount to my existing in ground post?

jarvis1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarvis1

Damaged in shipment prior to ever making it to my home and UPS rerouted to amazon return center. Gave me a refund but apparently is not re-sending shipment... This was a good buy.. Any other unlucky Wooters?

scrawner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrawner
jarvis1 wrote:Damaged in shipment prior to ever making it to my home and UPS rerouted to amazon return center. Gave me a refund but apparently is not re-sending shipment... This was a good buy.. Any other unlucky Wooters?

Ouch. Mine came yesterday -- box was beat to death with one corner ripped off, exposing the pole to dings and scratches. The 'Fragile - Glass' sticker didn't do much good I guess Crossing fingers all is intact.