WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Waviators - Sunglasses that Float!

When I get out on the lake, creek, or estuary, I take full advantage of my liberation from the rules of landlubber society. I never let fear of tipping the boat keep me from getting wild - especially now that my sunglasses float. Now which one of you scurvy sea dogs wants to wrassle?!?
Waviators official site

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Sunglasses marketed for use specifically near water; and they aren't polarized. This strikes me as a tragic oversight.

Needless to say, I won't be getting a pair.

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444
countdown wrote:Sunglasses marketed for use specifically near water; and they aren't polarized. This strikes me as a tragic oversight.

Needless to say, I won't be getting a pair.

agreed, though they would probably be a bit pricier...

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
tonymontana444 wrote:agreed, though they would probably be a bit pricier...

I'd be willing to pay up for polarized! You can get polarized sunglases for $20 or less at Walmart and Target, so it can't cost that much more.

ncsuwolf96

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ncsuwolf96

I wish these were polarized as well.

On the Waviators website you can buy one from the 2Tone collection, or you can buy two glasses from Woot for $1 less and make two of your own!

tgriffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgriffin

So if I wanted more than one pair, in different colors, how would I do that exactly?

garyw81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages garyw81
tgriffin wrote:So if I wanted more than one pair, in different colors, how would I do that exactly?

Place two separate orders - one for each color. Shipping should still be just $5 total.

gina3graces

quality posts: 42 Private Messages gina3graces

I wonder if these floaters would do as well in the pool as, say... a Baby Ruth (cue Jaws musical theme).

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

these scream dollar store.

I always did like yardsales.

sledgehammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sledgehammer

I can't pull the trigger on something that looks like even my son would turn down. cheaper to by floateyes and attach them to your good polorized aviators.

sledgehammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sledgehammer
luke975 wrote:these scream dollar store.

or gumball machine

ashliz8806

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashliz8806

They look kind of tacky.

In for 1!

...don't judge me.

kseto2404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kseto2404

Do these float well enough for small-medium surf? Especially in LA where water quality and visibility can be terrible. I only saw one video of them floating from the bottom of a pool and it looks like they were being helped by bubbles http://vimeo.com/47247737. It seems like EVERY time they show them being dropped in water, they don't show them floating back up. I'd love a pair of sunglasses that float but, based on the vids, these seem more like they just don't sink

beautyofmachines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines
kseto2404 wrote:I'd love a pair of sunglasses that float but, based on the vids, these seem more like they just don't sink

Float:
a. To remain suspended within or on the surface of a fluid without sinking

earlyre

quality posts: 2 Private Messages earlyre

only if they were polarized and the frames were black.

anyone else get the ad for the "grown" wooden sunglasses on this page? they float too! (made from sustainably grown wood) are polarized, and every sale funds either a sight restoring surgery or 12 eye exams for folks in poor countries.
but they are $124.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

These are garbage. They're not even dollar store quality. They have to be the cheapest shades I've ever seen. Woot, you really burned me this time. I should've listened to other reviews...

nofear1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nofear1986

Will these be coming back!?!?!? PLEASE say it is so!

Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape 9/25/09
All-Star Appetitans Trio 9/25/09
USB Stuff 9/24/09
Shirt Woots: 5
Random Shirt Woots: 4

john d'oh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john d'oh

I was skeptical, and thought they looked cheap, but bought a pair anyway. Glad I did. I used them at the lake last weekend, and not only were they comfortable & distortion-free, but they float really well! We could easily see them (white pair) floating in the water from about 50ft. away. Great for water sports, SUP, wave runner, etc. Not bad at all for $12+.