WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Rawlings Baseball & Softball Gloves

You only need one bat. You only need one ball. But to get a game going, everybody needs a glove. And you're not doing that "leave the glove on the ground by your position so both teams can share it" thing, are you? That's how people get baseball lice.
Rawlings official site

zkjrwp1vgjbfxre

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zkjrwp1vgjbfxre

baby mitts

countdown

quality posts: 13 Private Messages countdown

Isn't there an entire woot site devoted to kids/youth equipment? What is this stuff doing here?

Way to get my hopes up woot. If the kids gloves arent selling on kids.woot, what makes you think they'll do any better here?

Worst. Marketing. Ever.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

Well, it's a sports item, so it can be on either site. They have wine accessories in homewoot and no one says anything, I don't see why this is different.

mrfishwhiskers

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mrfishwhiskers

Last I checked, baseball is a sport....

countdown

quality posts: 13 Private Messages countdown

I agree it is a sport. My point is that I don't believe they are gaining better visibility by listing kids sport items on the sports site. People who have kids or are shopping for kids are, presumably, already going to use the kids.woot site.

So what do they gain by putting them here? Other than to irritate people who are not shopping for kids by not telling them these items are for kids until they click all the way through to the item description.

Yes. The category is relevant, but is it the right decision for customer satisfaction and product visibility.... probably not. Just my 2 cents.

PS: If they offered a mix of adult and youth gloves, I would keep my mouth shut, but the fact that these are all exclusively youth is what puts it over the edge.

rickbaron

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rickbaron

Please give the model numbers for the gloves.

teevoo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages teevoo
rickbaron wrote:Please give the model numbers for the gloves.

Under Specs:

Rawlings ACAR115-6/0 R115 Renegade Basket Web Youth Baseball Glove

Rawlings MEIPP11BP-3/0 PP11BP Fastpitch Series Youth Softball Glove

jeffmack01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffmack01
countdown wrote:I agree it is a sport. My point is that I don't believe they are gaining better visibility by listing kids sport items on the sports site. People who have kids or are shopping for kids are, presumably, already going to use the kids.woot site.

So what do they gain by putting them here? Other than to irritate people who are not shopping for kids by not telling them these items are for kids until they click all the way through to the item description.

Yes. The category is relevant, but is it the right decision for customer satisfaction and product visibility.... probably not. Just my 2 cents.

PS: If they offered a mix of adult and youth gloves, I would keep my mouth shut, but the fact that these are all exclusively youth is what puts it over the edge.

I have pity for people who care this much about what's available in online deals. Either buy it or don't. Better yet, stop Mondaying about it as though woot as done you a disservice.

dyip32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dyip32
countdown wrote:I agree it is a sport. My point is that I don't believe they are gaining better visibility by listing kids sport items on the sports site. People who have kids or are shopping for kids are, presumably, already going to use the kids.woot site.

I agree
having put this in the kids woot, that would have opened up opportunity for another sport woot :D

lhaley1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lhaley1

Can someone tell me what the model# is of the Rawlings 11.5" Youth Baseball/Softball First Base Mitt, it does not show it in the specs and the picture is not clear enough to see if it is really a first base mitt.

benitoangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benitoangel

I would also like to see alternate photos or a model number on the first base glove.

lhaley1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lhaley1

Model no. For the firstbaseman mitt is rbg115bjc, this is sraight from the woots. Im sure you could use it at first but its not a baseball firstbasemans mitt