3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bpr2

quality posts: 175 Private Messages bpr2

I'll go get the popcorn and my comfy chair prepped.

that was fun while it lasted!

lichme

quality posts: 2269 Private Messages lichme

Really long video

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2548 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

check out this video overview from airgunweb

[MOD: Embedded vid for you... this time. ]

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

Insert my angry rant about living in a state that this cannot be shipped to here. RAWR!

sdfreedive

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sdfreedive

Last couple of airguns really settled down. Not sure if the people actually threatening to leave actually did.

Either way I'm still waiting for a .22 or a .25 air rifle. Come on woot get those and I'm a buyer.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 500 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bpr2 wrote:I'll go get the popcorn and my comfy chair prepped.

Here you go:

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2548 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pyramydair.com has lots of great (4.5 out of 5.0) ratings

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosman_M4_177_Multi_Pump_Air_Rifle_Adj_Stock/2631

dampy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dampy

are you a free plinker?

pz@woot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot

Since I missed the comments on any other air guns apparently, let me just say that "toy" guns looking like real ones seems like an obviously bad idea. From wondering why someone's kid needs to feel theyre using an assault rifle, to worrying about police killing someone who is stupidly playing around, this is all sorts of wrong.

Of course it's why there is an open economy, I'm sure lots of people disagree and will snap these up.

Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

wootdougwoot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootdougwoot

Noticed on the Amazon these things once went for over $100 smackers New. Now they sell for as low as $70. So at $35 plus shipping, this is pretty sweet.

Of course with DHS buying up all that ammo(...) who knows what the price of BBs are going for these days!

Has anyone seen my velociraptor?

billyverde

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billyverde

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

Ho.

Ho.

Ho.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
sdfreedive wrote:Last couple of airguns really settled down. Not sure if the people actually threatening to leave actually did.

Either way I'm still waiting for a .22 or a .25 air rifle. Come on woot get those and I'm a buyer.

I know what you mean, but I'm starting to think that woot! Has a deal with pyramydair. They get us excited, post links to there, where we see the guns we really want. ;-)

Check out the TX200

And in case that was a serious question: NO background check. It's an AIR gun!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Mentals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mentals
pz@woot wrote:Since I missed the comments on any other air guns apparently, let me just say that "toy" guns looking like real ones seems like an obviously bad idea. From wondering why someone's kid needs to feel theyre using an assault rifle, to worrying about police killing someone who is stupidly playing around, this is all sorts of wrong.

Of course it's why there is an open economy, I'm sure lots of people disagree and will snap these up.

This is not a toy, this is not for kids, any parent who haphazardly buys this type of airgun for their kid is irresponsible and an unfit parent. Airguns in general are not toys, not even the Red Ryder, you need to use the same 4 rules regarding airguns as you do with firearms.

connorbush

quality posts: 2 Private Messages connorbush

Purchased this last round and it is a joy to use. I shoot it at targets in my second story apartment and the neighbors have yet to complain. The pumping can be louder than the shooting. It is very fun to shoot and it will be great for terrifying the ground squirrels at my other residence.

jstoufer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstoufer
Mentals wrote:This is not a toy, this is not for kids, any parent who haphazardly buys this type of airgun for their kid is irresponsible and an unfit parent. Airguns in general are not toys, not even the Red Ryder, you need to use the same 4 rules regarding airguns as you do with firearms.

But good for teaching gun safety and handling.....

Mentals

jstoufer wrote:But good for teaching gun safety and handling.....

Yeah, just don't hand it to your kid and let them run off, a red ryder wont shoot your eye out, but this definitely could. The energy this thing puts out is enough for hunting pests, rodents, and some small game, which means it can do a bit of damage. Buying this to teach a kid how to shoot is fine, adult supervision and whatnot, just, never refer to these as toys.

lilpking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilpking
Mentals wrote:Yeah, just don't hand it to your kid and let them run off, a red ryder wont shoot your eye out, but this definitely could. The energy this thing puts out is enough for hunting pests, rodents, and some small game, which means it can do a bit of damage. Buying this to teach a kid how to shoot is fine, adult supervision and whatnot, just, never refer to these as toys.

What kind of small game besides the rodents (squirrels), can this kill? Coons, wild rabbits?

Mentals

lilpking wrote:What kind of small game besides the rodents (squirrels), can this kill? Coons, wild rabbits?

Squirrels, pigeons, rats, chipmunks, small pest birds.

It COULD be used on slightly larger game (rabbits, starlings, etc..) if you're extremely accurate. That being said, if you're after animals that size, you'd want 12ft-lbs or higher for reliably humane kills.

800lbgorilla

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 800lbgorilla
lilpking wrote:What kind of small game besides the rodents (squirrels), can this kill? Coons, wild rabbits?

I hear it will take big game if you use "assault" pellets. A friend of a friend of a cousin took a wildebeest with one.

theCan

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theCan

This is built on the Crosman 760 which is a design that has lasted for decades. However, unlike the 760, it includes a rifled barrel. It's not my first choice, but if you're into the novelty, you can't go wrong.

If you prefer to use BB's I'd find a smooth bore. Rifling is better suited to the use of pellets.

lol; w00t

frompkin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frompkin

Bought one last time. Love it. Great gun, accurate, fun to shoot and looks cool too.

russwjohns

quality posts: 14 Private Messages russwjohns

Before you shoot your eye out with that Red Ryder, check out this video link review from the PyramydAir site - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ee0A8lvHecY

About 10 minute review with ammo testing for accuracy. Very good with pellet loads. Good stuff!

Note: As mentioned already, this airgun is not and should not be referred to as a "toy."

rlapid2112

quality posts: 9 Private Messages rlapid2112

I think I saw this on the Walking Dead. You can tell by the clamp on front sight vs. a gas block sight on an real Stoner-type rifle/carbine.

oblio59

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oblio59

Nice rifle, bought one last woot for my sons 7th. Quite accurate at 25' (dime sized groups) with peepsight included in package. Might pick up another today.

cdbron

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdbron

My kingdom for a nitro piston air rifle.

kmsshaffer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmsshaffer

I also bought one the last time they were on Woot.

For 35 bucks plus shipping, it's a good buy. I see them for ~70 on the internet and it was going for +80 bucks a few days ago when I stopped at Cabelas in PA.

I sighted mine in last week and I did not have the problem with the rear site as described in the video. However, the red dot would be nice, though expensive, as the stock sights are a bit weak... what do you want for 35 bucks and shipping though.

Definitely recommended!

kyle2ooo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kyle2ooo

I bought one last woot for my birthday. I love it, I always know what to get me. Nice gun pretty accurate and fun to shoot.

oblio59

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oblio59

Needs a 30 rd magazine
Seriously, order some spare mags, they are < $10 for a pack of 4, you will need them.

nmchapma

quality posts: 20 Private Messages nmchapma

[MOD: removed quoted post]

Please don't buy this to hunt with. If you're serious about eliminating pest safely and quietly then spend the money for something with enough power to get the job done effectively. I'm sure some people have used it to hunt with before but I promise your experience will differ.

bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf
jstoufer wrote:But good for teaching gun safety and handling.....

um yeah...its like buying your kid a lynx to learn how to play with a tiger.

beachhead

quality posts: 3 Private Messages beachhead

Yay Woot! Don't let the "safety nik's" and scaredy cat's tell you, me, or your other customers how to live our lives. Please keep the scary looking pieces of plastic coming...contrary to their opinion, you won't cause the world to come to an end..

confused15

quality posts: 5 Private Messages confused15
eraten wrote:You really can't ever be sure with people on this site.

Hey, who you calling "people"?

spafrica2003

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spafrica2003

Uh Oh. It's got a pistol grip and a combat stock. That gun looks too scary. Better not try to sell it in any blue states.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 500 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey guys, I'm trimming out the posts that are WAY off-topic and in poor taste. Feel free to discuss this item and topics related to this item.

Let's keep it classy, Wooters.

jai151

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jai151
bbkf wrote:um yeah...its like buying your kid a lynx to learn how to play with a tiger.

More like buying a tiger with no teeth or claws. In other words, perfect to train with.

chesamo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chesamo

Why can't Woot! ship to Massachusetts? There's no state law banning the unlicensed sale and ownership of air rifles in this state. Amazon can ship to me just fine (it's where I purchased my other air rifle, a Crosman Destroyer .177); why can't Woot!?

stella1122

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stella1122

I have been looking for an air rifle to scare off the coyotes that keep hanging around stalking my dogs. How far will the pellets carry and still be felt by an animal of that size? It is not legal to discharge a rifle or shotgun (even by people of authority) in our community. I am not a gun owner or practiced shooter so this would be new for me.

nmchapma

quality posts: 20 Private Messages nmchapma
stella1122 wrote:I have been looking for an air rifle to scare off the coyotes that keep hanging around stalking my dogs. How far will the pellets carry and still be felt by an animal of that size? It is not legal to discharge a rifle or shotgun (even by people of authority) in our community. I am not a gun owner or practiced shooter so this would be new for me.

For something as big as a coyote, you wouldn't be able to get close enough for them to really feel it. I'm sure it would scare them if you managed to hit them. Again for hunting I wouldn't advise this gun. you'll get mixed results especially at a minimum of 3 pumps/shot.

fitcr24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fitcr24

Thanks for the great deal, I've been eyeing these since they came out and could not pass this up. Given the price on .223 and fuel costs I cant get to the range as much as I like, so this will great for shooting in the basement. Keep the good deals like this coming woot!