WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

All Sorts of Knives

"Man, I wish I didn't have all these knives," said no one, ever. From versatile multifaceted wondertools to big bad serrated hack 'n' slashers, there's a blade here to cut through any of life's problems. Buying one of each would be a good idea, but buying three of each would three times as good.

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

An affordable way to (sort of) add to my sword collection. Huzzah! :3

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

Victorinox 53020 Swiss Army SwissLite Red Pocket Knife

Features a pen blade, nail file with screwdriver tip, scissors, tweezers, key ring and LED mini light. Press logo on handle to illuminate light.

Can someone confirm this knife Does have the LED light?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cosmictrucker wrote:Victorinox 53020 Swiss Army SwissLite Red Pocket Knife

Features a pen blade, nail file with screwdriver tip, scissors, tweezers, key ring and LED mini light. Press logo on handle to illuminate light.

Can someone confirm this knife Does have the LED light?

Every other site I found with that knife says it has a light. Is there a reason you think it doesn't?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker
ThunderThighs wrote:Every other site I found with that knife says it has a light. Is there a reason you think it doesn't?

I've owned a few that look just like this blade, but never had a LED light. Plus the photo gives no clue of it having a LED. I didn't bother to search the model number.

Thanks for the heads up.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

is this actually the Delegate Gentleman? The video you included is for the Delegate, the "Delegate Gentleman" is a different knife.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

CRKT Delegate Gentleman FYI

A lot of people have noted that the "fire safe" locking system is difficult to deploy, do some research to make sure you're sure before you buy.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bookofjoshua wrote:is this actually the Delegate Gentleman? The video you included is for the Delegate, the "Delegate Gentleman" is a different knife.

The model number matches the Delegate - Gentleman. Our picture matches that too.

Looks like they grabbed the wrong video though. I'll email in to get that fixed in the morning.

Update: Video has been removed. We are selling the Delegate Gentleman. Now go buy 3.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

robey05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey05

I especially like the invisible wood saw in the description. It's about 14" long and you can hack on things and nobody knows...

ThunderThighs

Staff

robey05 wrote:I especially like the invisible wood saw in the description. It's about 14" long and you can hack on things and nobody knows...

FORUM MODERATOR

wooowoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooowoot

Good thing the Ranger version adds scissors, nail file, nail cleaner and a cork screw. That way he can get prettied up before opening the Chardonnay...

rtbarr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtbarr

I paid considerably more for a CRKT Delegate Gentleman about a year ago. It is one of my favorite knives. The gentleman is slightly smaller than its big brother, the Delegate. I have both, and I prefer the smaller version (this one). The outburst mechanism works well once you practice it several times. You don't want a knife to open unexpectedly in your pocket. I'm buying another one, tempted to buy two.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Not a single tanto blade? Where are my angry eyes?

mrozowjj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrozowjj

Is there any way to add different knives to the same order? I'd like to get two different knives and split shipping if I could.

cricky101

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cricky101
mrozowjj wrote:Is there any way to add different knives to the same order? I'd like to get two different knives and split shipping if I could.

You only pay shipping once in a calendar day (see the "learn more" link at the top right of the page near the "$5 all you can ship."

So, order a knife, and you pay the $5 shipping. Then order another item (or items) and there won't be any shipping charge as long as its the same day.

mrozowjj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrozowjj
cricky101 wrote:You only pay shipping once in a calendar day (see the "learn more" link at the top right of the page near the "$5 all you can ship."

So, order a knife, and you pay the $5 shipping. Then order another item (or items) and there won't be any shipping charge as long as its the same day.

Word.

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

I like the Delegate Gentleman, but the only use I can think of is to open boxes.

What other practical uses are you using your knife for? Sad the other two sold out.

ledastray

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ledastray
irockash wrote:I like the Delegate Gentleman, but the only use I can think of is to open boxes.

What other practical uses are you using your knife for? Sad the other two sold out.

I'm asking myself if I'd ever really use it, but my first though when I saw the Delegate Gentleman was folding steak knife.

(E.g. Shun Gentlemen's Personal Steak Knife.)

mshay82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mshay82

That's BS i can't get it cause i'm in NY i can buy any of these in any sporting good store or right from the manufacturers with no restrictions, taking my money somewhere else

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

Welp, it sold out, so I guess that answers that question. The Kershaw is heavier and more bulky. Not really good for slacks.

levansic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages levansic

Bummer! I'm going to have to check before I go to work, instead of after I get home. Missed out on the Delegate Gentleman's.

Hope it comes back.

onthedl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onthedl

Hoping to see Kershaw's Ken Onion Leek sometime in the future.

quantumspec1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quantumspec1

Doh! Wish I would have been paying more attention. Damnit woot, how's about an email telling me when awesome knives are for sale, instead of stupid robovacuums?!

Next time.

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid
wooowoot wrote:Good thing the Ranger version adds scissors, nail file, nail cleaner and a cork screw. That way he can get prettied up before opening the Chardonnay...

You know what they say... it is a NEW army.

Suck it, Trebek.

jbsocialwork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbsocialwork

Victorinox Swiss Army Ranger Pocket Knife
by Victorinox
4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (163 customer reviews) | Like (3)
List Price: $65.00
Price: $34.99 & FREE Super Saver Shipping

Cheaper on Amazon because of shipping...

Ahhhhh too bad.

Peace out Wooters, I mean knives out, I mean peace... I mean peace with knives, I mean let peace cut through the world like a knife....

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85

I have the vapor 3 in black. Good size,sharp and can open the blade/close one hand with ease.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Did y'all REALLY FINALLY get rid of those Pazodas this time, or is this just like the cake?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

markwen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markwen

Missed out on this deal. Would like to see it again.

neeser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeser

Glad to see more knives on woot!! i think ive bought ever other knife on here! Keep em coming woot! Maybe some zero tolerance knives or spyderco for cheap???

jspickler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspickler
markwen wrote:Missed out on this deal. Would like to see it again.

Agreed. I am in the market for most every camping/outdoorsman supply in existence. A quality knife is a must for my collection. I need to be ready for cons bio field jobs by the summer!

WilsonSports

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WilsonSports

Feels like the picture for the hiker is a picture of a tinker.

MastaSquidge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MastaSquidge

A shame I missed out on the Pazoda again.

I would have liked to pick up a serrated just to have it, and another straight to use for spare parts for my current one.

I had one of the guys at work mill my friend's names, and my own, on three of them prior to christmas. I gave them as gifts. Those Pazoda knives come out of the box sharp enough to shave (I know this because I did just that), and they have a very solid feel to them.

I used my knife often, until I ran it through the wash and lost two of the screws holding it together.

As an aside, the surface of those things is up to 15 thousands out of flat, so if you are planning on having them customized, don't use a 100 thousand dollar CNC that is accurate to 1/10,000 of an inch LOL

dwijster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwijster

I cannot believe no one mentioned MacGyver yet? Come on people!!!

So anyway here's a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp8vbwz0Teg

Enjoy!!!

thedoc007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedoc007

I must add my desire for more knives also! You can never have too many...keep 'em coming! And as another poster said, more brands would be nice. Spyderco, SOG, etc. Nothing wrong with the brands offered, they are in fact quality knives for the price, but variety is the spice of life.

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

Now that I have both the Pazoda and the Delegate Gentleman, I can say that I clearly prefer the Pazoda as a "Gentleman's knife." The Delegate is just too small, and the assisted opening with the "Fire Safe pin" locking feature is overkill. I always feel like I'm going to slice my thumb trying to open the darn thing. The Pazoda is much more bang for the buck, and a better size. So, if you got the Pazoda but missed the Delegate, you didn't miss much -- and you saved some money!

titangears

quality posts: 9 Private Messages titangears

I had problems opening the Delegate Gentleman knife until I loosened the Torx T6 screw on the blade opposite the assisted opening knob. (It doesn't take much.) Once I did that the knife opens easily. The key is to loosen the screw just the right amount. Note that by doing this you will NOT make the the assisted opening knob loose. I think this is part of the knife's design. Once I am satisfied with the setting I will apply some removable Loctite 242 thread locker to the screw to keep it in position. You can buy Loctite 242 at Home Depot. Overall this is a VERY nice knife, and with it adjusted properly you will have NO trouble opening the blade.

Addicted to cycling and gadgets..