Poll: Bicycles are:
  • 1.8% - Your primary mode of transportation 33
  • 6.5% - Your main source of exercise 119
  • 8.1% - Your favorite form of recreation 149
  • 30.1% - Your occasional diversion 554
  • 45.9% - Your childhood memory 845
  • 7.6% - Your worst enemy 139
1839 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

...dry-rotted tire holders.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Change the last answer to "All of the above", and you have a winner. I pity the fool who doesn't have a PeeWee glee for his bike.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick

Where's the option for, "bicycles are hanging in the garage... for years." ??

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
ckeilah wrote:Change the last answer to "All of the above", and you have a winner. I pity the fool who doesn't have a PeeWee glee for his bike.

right!

although no longer a bike commuter, i did for 5 years. it was really a great experience to not have a car. now i ride about 100miles a week for fun and fitness

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

An occasional diversion, but I really want to add that to my exercise repertoire more often.

davidmcgill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmcgill

BMX Racing. At 43. Yay, old guys on 20" bikes!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Mine is still in my parent's garage since I lack a proper place to put it in my townhouse and my wife does not want it inside. I was planning on putting in a garden shed to house it but unfortunately that hasn't been able to happen yet.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
thumperchick wrote:Where's the option for, "bicycles are hanging in the garage... for years." ??

me too

upbeatbubble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages upbeatbubble
sodalite wrote:right!

although no longer a bike commuter, i did for 5 years. it was really a great experience to not have a car. now i ride about 100miles a week for fun and fitness

If the right infrastructure existed between my workplace and home, I would LOVE to bike commute. As is, it's crappy suburban traffic on crowded streets that lack bike lanes with lights every half mile the whole way.