WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Adidas & Reebok Training Equipment

Folks spend a lot of money on exercise equipment, only to get frustrated when they don't see the results the expect. But simply buying equipment isn't enough -- you have to sleep with it under your pillow for exactly 12 nights. Then, by the grace of the Fitness Gods, you shall be toned. 

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff


As always, personal reviews are appreciated.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mstranscriptionist


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstranscriptionist
ThunderThighs wrote:As always, personal reviews are appreciated.


^^^Yes, please?!?

I am the only one I know who still works out with a step. So, I'm really (and pleasantly) shocked to see this one by Reebok. While mine only has one level, it's good and sturdy and has lasted me close to 20 years. So, I'm seriously going back and forth about pulling the trigger. :-S

luke975


quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

once again. the hurdles are available cheaper on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0088A0E50/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

actually look on amazon for most of this stuff. there are very few "deals" here to be had.

I always did like yardsales.

dviglino


quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

"probably" not approved for a parachute... doesn't mean it won't work...

klacour


quality posts: 17 Private Messages klacour

How come the guy in the picture is wearing Adidas gear ... Just wundering

A woot minion since 2006 ...

m3zy6


quality posts: 1 Private Messages m3zy6
klacour wrote:How come the guy in the picture is wearing Adidas gear ... Just wundering



Shot in the dark here, but maybe because 75% of the gear in this deal is Adidas? Don't worry though, his socks and/or shoes are probably Reebok to even things out.

dcalotta


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcalotta

Most/all of these products have comparable non-branded alternatives on Amazon for a good bit cheaper.

whatsamattaU


quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
dcalotta wrote:Most/all of these products have comparable non-branded alternatives on Amazon for a good bit cheaper.



Actually, for the dumbbells, there's NOTHING cheaper on Amazon. Add in the shipping, it's for sure cheaper than almost if not all (and I think cheaper than all of the coated dumbbells--edit: this is the closest and not coated: http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-Single-Dumbbell-5-Pound/dp/B00127C5EO--click the down arrow there and see the 10# is comparable). To me, with the price down from past woots, if I have anyone other reason to buy something in the next few days, I might go for this.

ghoops


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghoops
klacour wrote:How come the guy in the picture is wearing Adidas gear ... Just wundering



Adidas is the parent company that owns Reebok. Tada!

dcalotta


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcalotta
whatsamattaU wrote:Actually, for the dumbbells, there's NOTHING cheaper on Amazon. Add in the shipping, it's for sure cheaper than almost if not all (and I think cheaper than all of the coated dumbbells--edit: this is the closest and not coated: http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-Single-Dumbbell-5-Pound/dp/B00127C5EO--click the down arrow there and see the 10# is comparable). To me, with the price down from past woots, if I have anyone other reason to buy something in the next few days, I might go for this.



I didn't look at the dumbbells, so I did some digging. Looking at 10 pounders, I found http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-Neoprene-Dumbbell-5-Pounds/dp/B0084ZIKG4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361453885&sr=8-2&keywords=10+pound+dumbbells - $10 per, so $20 shipped (I have Prime and so should everybody else, damnit!), beating Woot! by a buck.

I did look at the chute, ladder, and hurdles, all of which I was able to find relatively quickly.

whatsamattaU


quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
dcalotta wrote:I didn't look at the dumbbells, so I did some digging. Looking at 10 pounders, I found http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-Neoprene-Dumbbell-5-Pounds/dp/B0084ZIKG4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361453885&sr=8-2&keywords=10+pound+dumbbells - $10 per, so $20 shipped (I have Prime and so should everybody else, damnit!), beating Woot! by a buck.

I did look at the chute, ladder, and hurdles, all of which I was able to find relatively quickly.



I don't have prime, and the only dumbbell available at that link is the 5# dumbbell that I can access-all the other weights are greyed out. I was thinking of buying a 5# dumbbell then debated whether to get the 8 and 10# dumbbells here. I tried 2 different browsers, so I don't think that's the problem?

Edit:
Now I figured it out. $10 in grey, so that's a good price as you noted, if color doesn't matter. I stand corrected--my error--I thought I looked through all the choices.

Edit #2: one other neoprene concern: the California warning about Neoprene
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2AKSPDV0GZSZF/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0084ZIKG4&nodeID=3375251&store=sporting-goods

The metal ones at least don't deal with that problem.

edit #3:
but this one I linked to above has the same California warning, but I'm not sure why:
[url]http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-Single-Dumbbell-5-Pound/dp/B00127C5EO[/url}

"Warning: This product contains one or more phthalate chemicals known to the state of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm."

But not all of the iron dumbbells have this warning. I'm not sure what to make of this. Heck, I give up.