WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Yoga cuz YOLO - Your Choice $8

When does stretching become more than stretching? When it's done on a mat and called yoga! And no, you can't just use a placemat. You need a special mat. A mat that's made of cool stuff and colored cool colors. You need what's called a "yoga mat."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 926 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sad thing is that I had never heard the term YOLO until about 3 months ago. Now I see it everywhere.

Holiday Returns Policy Check out our new FLASH DEALS
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lenzai

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lenzai

I have the yellow striped one. It's a nice thin and flexible mat and for the reduced price it's a good deal. I've had it for a couple of months and it still smells chemically however (only an issue when doing pushups).

michaelvella

quality posts: 17 Private Messages michaelvella
ThunderThighs wrote:Sad thing is that I had never heard the term YOLO until about 3 months ago. Now I see it everywhere.

Hopefully that will stop soon.
Not sure if I could live with any of these colors, but to answer your front page question, I started going with my wife after work a couple times a week.
I enjoy it quite a bit, though the first time I went to a hot yoga class, I thought I was going to die..

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma
"Free of the six most harmful phthalates (6P-free)"

How about the next six?

hrblvr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hrblvr

@ThunderThighs, depending on where you're located you can hopefully find plenty of yoga studios in your area with a little research. Many offer a free trial when you first register with them. I suggest finding a few of those that offer free or donation-based classes and take advantage of the opportunity to experiment with different teachers while it's cheap.

cappo

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cappo
ThunderThighs wrote:Sad thing is that I had never heard the term YOLO until about 3 months ago. Now I see it everywhere.

YOLO was popularized by a hip hop song that now has far too many people convinced that "You only live once" is a brand new phrase when in reality it's probably something your grandparents used to say.

The only innovation here is Adam Mesh turning it into an annoying acronym/clothing line in 2004, though it was the song that apparently caused it to catch on as a meme.

cappo

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cappo
comma wrote:How about the next six?

The first six are free, after that it's cash only.

michaelvella

quality posts: 17 Private Messages michaelvella
hrblvr wrote:@ThunderThighs, depending on where you're located you can hopefully find plenty of yoga studios in your area with a little research. Many offer a free trial when you first register with them. I suggest finding a few of those that offer free or donation-based classes and take advantage of the opportunity to experiment with different teachers while it's cheap.

I agree.
And I know a lot of purists do not approve, but we enjoy being members of CorePower.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 926 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hrblvr wrote:@ThunderThighs, depending on where you're located you can hopefully find plenty of yoga studios in your area with a little research. Many offer a free trial when you first register with them. I suggest finding a few of those that offer free or donation-based classes and take advantage of the opportunity to experiment with different teachers while it's cheap.

Oh, that's a good idea. I did see where my city's Park & Recs department has a class near me. Been pondering that one.

Holiday Returns Policy Check out our new FLASH DEALS
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh, that's a good idea. I did see where my city's Park & Recs department has a class near me. Been pondering that one.

Check your local YMCA, city or township recs frequently have smething, even my library out in the boonies has $5 classes a few times a week. Out where I live (rural) you won't find a yoga studio and rarely a gym but you will find yoga classes in odd places as long as they have an open room. If you aren't having luck ask a local dance studio or health products store. Try to put into a search engine yoga classes and your city or town too.

Enjoy!

ceagee

quality posts: 67 Private Messages ceagee
cappo wrote:YOLO was popularized by a hip hop song that now has far too many people convinced that "You only live once" is a brand new phrase when in reality it's probably something your grandparents used to say.

The only innovation here is Adam Mesh turning it into an annoying acronym/clothing line in 2004, though it was the song that apparently caused it to catch on as a meme.

and I thought it was an SNL bit