WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Leatherman Tools

America was reeling. High gas prices, unrest in the Middle East, a creepy dictatorship in Russia - and global leadership in pocket multi-tools belonged to the Swiss. Then came Leatherman. None of that other stuff has changed, but at least we've taken our rightful place in the world's jeans pocket.
Leatherman official site

Quality Posts

cbosworth09

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cbosworth09

I have had one of these little guys for years now, and it is great! Very durable, compact, sleek, and easy to use. It does not have too many gizmos and is great for day-to-day use. Definitely worth this price too.

Here are the Amazon reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-830025-Pocket-Multitool-Leather/product-reviews/B0002H49C6

And a video review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls2eoqRM11I

Worth the $25 if you need a simple tool and pliers set. I have never had to even sharpen it yet after 6+ years!

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

Sheaths are "available" but NOT included, correct?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mdnorman wrote:Sheaths are "available" but NOT included, correct?

Correct, the sheath is not included. The sales have been updated to correctly reflect this.

Sorry for the confusion.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kcunha11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcunha11
mdnorman wrote:Sheaths are "available" but NOT included, correct?

pretty sure there are aftermarket, if not leatherman branded ones. post doesn't say one is included.

Lockmantoao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lockmantoao

I've had a Wave for almost ten years and carry it every day. It's still nice and tight. There is no slop. Even the finish is in great shape. You'd be hard pressed to find where I've dropped it. Unbelievable corrosion resistance. $45 isn't the greatest price in the world but the thing will last so long that it doesn't matter.

vrthomas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vrthomas

Why are all 3 pictures of the knife from the same side? I want to see the clip and the screwdriver!

jwett9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwett9

I've had a kick for 3+ years and it is great, used it in dirt/snow/etc. and it holds up. They were hard-pressed to find back when I wanted one.

weslinder

quality posts: 4 Private Messages weslinder

Does the "TAXSUCKS" coupon code no longer work at all, or just for this item? I live in Texas.

somniantis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages somniantis

For the Wave, not the greatest price. Unless one is totally fond of "Green" color, Amazon has it with the sheath for almost the same prime price(except better return policy!) as woot+shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-830039-Multitool-Leather-Combination/dp/B0002H49BC

jakeiscrazy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jakeiscrazy
somniantis wrote:For the Wave, not the greatest price. Unless one is totally fond of "Green" color, Amazon has it with the sheath for almost the same prime price(except better return policy!) as woot+shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-830039-Multitool-Leather-Combination/dp/B0002H49BC

Wow thanks for the heads up! I remember when they were newer and I think I payed close to $80 for my first wave. I guess Leatherman streamlined production and lowered cost due to so many other competitors.

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

Some Leatherman sheaths/cases on Amazon...

Fuse
Wave
Kick

sdprince

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdprince

I once saw the co-founder of Bear Archery, Frank Scott speak. He said, "I am going to show you the dumbest invention ever." Then he pulled out a camouflage wallet. If you drop it in the woods, you will never find it again. I have used this logic as a hunter. I only buy camo stuff that I will use while actually hunting. Chance are you will not need to be camouflaged when using a knife or a flash light. Chances are high you will drop them in the woods and never find them again.
I now own a bright yellow Surefire flashlight!
Woot on, wooters!

jspaeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jspaeth

Where is this model made, where I've heard that Leatherman has shifted some of their manufacturing over to China and they aren't the same quality as the U.S. made units.

achilles41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages achilles41
vrthomas wrote:Why are all 3 pictures of the knife from the same side? I want to see the clip and the screwdriver!

My thoughts exactly! Too late for me, though - all sold out

glubash

quality posts: 11 Private Messages glubash

Camo fuse 571021 - Essentially the same thing here:

http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-831391-Multi-Tool-black/dp/B0054EU2QY

Good reviews.