3%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

stinawargo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo

I got the weighted gloves & accompanying cd at the last woot. Ignoring the fact that the gloves look like they have a part of female anatomy attached to the back, I must say that they are very nice and give a good extra boost to the workout. The dvd is... not for beginners. Not for beginners at all. The lady was calling out "you're looking good! keep it going!" and I'm jogging in place sobbing "I'm not looking good! I'm not looking good at all! You're a liar, lady! You're a liar!" Also, the video has a LOT of jumping around, so if you've got people living below you (aka apartment buildings) it might not be the best choice.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3812 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments when this was last offered back in January

http://sport.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5300859&pageindex=1&replycount=11

granitebutterfly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages granitebutterfly
stinawargo wrote:The dvd is... not for beginners. Not for beginners at all. The lady was calling out "you're looking good! keep it going!" and I'm jogging in place sobbing "I'm not looking good! I'm not looking good at all! You're a liar, lady! You're a liar!" Also, the video has a LOT of jumping around, so if you've got people living below you (aka apartment buildings) it might not be the best choice.

Best. Review. Ever. Thanks for the heads-up about the video!

cds0507

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cds0507

i bought this last time it was on Woot and the DVD on the Core Ball Kit didnt work. It froze up every time after 5 min, even after trying on another DVD player. Overall i think it was a good price for both sets though and i can use the ball with other workouts.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cds0507 wrote:i bought this last time it was on Woot and the DVD on the Core Ball Kit didnt work. It froze up every time after 5 min, even after trying on another DVD player. Overall i think it was a good price for both sets though and i can use the ball with other workouts.

Sorry for the problems with the DVD. Did you contact our customer service for assistance? support@woot.com

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

The core ball is 65cm, which is the proper size for people between 5'5" and 5'11". It's important to use a core stability ball that's the right size for your height so that you work the proper muscles.

This is a really good deal if you're the right height.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ninjapixie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjapixie

I wish woot offered different size options. I've been eying this same kit on Amazon, but this size is too big for me. :-(

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

The FIRM Weighted Gloves & Core Ball Kit - Price Comparison

Today's WOOT! = $12.99 + $5 Shipping. ($17.99 Total Shipped)

WOOT! = $21.99 Less than ebay.

ebay = $39.98 + Ships Free
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRM-Weighted-Gloves-Core-Stability-Ball-Kit-2-Workout-DVDs-/261153352515?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccdf3eb43

**NOTE**
Using a Google search ebay was the only other vendor I could find (including "The Firm" home page) with this exact same kit.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
stinawargo wrote:The lady was calling out "you're looking good! keep it going!" and I'm jogging in place sobbing "I'm not looking good! I'm not looking good at all! You're a liar, lady! You're a liar!"

Now that's funny.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
craigthom wrote:Now that's funny.

+1

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
stinawargo wrote:.....Ignoring the fact that the gloves look like they have a part of female anatomy attached to the back,...

Quite a descriptive but somewhat awkward observation. lol

parilous

quality posts: 1 Private Messages parilous

Is there a weight limit for the core ball?

Hmmmmm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hmmmmm

THanks for pointing out the size. As a shorty this is no good for me. Good price though.

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

Is a little over 5'2 close enough for me to use this?

valkilmerisawful

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valkilmerisawful

I'm 5'7" and the size is fine if you pump it up enough. The only problem is the ball is not a ball. It's shaped like a potato and is horribly, horribly constructed.

mxdbag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mxdbag

It should have an "Anti-Burst" ball weight capacity of about 300lbs.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Ball not recommended for pretend sumo.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
stinawargo wrote:The lady was calling out "you're looking good! keep it going!" and I'm jogging in place sobbing "I'm not looking good! I'm not looking good at all! You're a liar, lady! You're a liar!"

XD

TechDiva

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TechDiva

I bought the last time it was offered. Haven't opened the DVD or the gloves but I am still very happy with it. My nieces and nephews love to sit, roll and bounce on it. That is a lot of entertainment for $12.99 despite their being shorter than the recommended size.

As for the 'shaped like a potato', the instructions say to fill it the first time and give it time to stretch and then fill it some more.

I am using it to strengthen my core and back and has really helped. I am ordering two this time for gifts.

I would say go for it for those on the fence.