WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How did you pick your favorite sports teams?
  • 54.3% - City/region. 945
  • 11% - They were good when I was in 8th grade. 192
  • 8.3% - I like the colors. 144
  • 11.4% - They’re not the Yankees/Lakers/Patriots. 199
  • 3.8% - Dart board. 67
  • 11.1% - Some other reason. 194
1741 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Ktodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ktodd

Mostly what my dad followed. Some were regional though.

atx85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages atx85

They piss everyone else off. Thus why I've been a Patriots fan for about a decade. ;-) I still <3 you all

Oh, I will say I love the Phillies though. I live outside of Philadelphia so it's been drilled into me since I was young.

oclafretep

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oclafretep

Don't care for the bs professional stuff, college teams are where it's at.

Go Union Hockey!

moose123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moose123

What's a "favorite sports team"?

academite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages academite

By mascot!!

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

I choose my second favorite team every game based on the "not Yankees/Lakers/Patriots" criteria.

Although when I grew up there was not Tampa Baseball team (and the AL is stupid) so Braves fan, but Tampa for life! on everything else.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

My original sports heritage was inherited from my family, then I moved east and became somewhat subject tot he local teams, especially college.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Some people become loyal to a team because they admire a particular standout player.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

City/Region AND they're not the Lakers/Yankees.

knn7496

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knn7496

Um, I'm from New England so I take offense to the Patriots reference, that should read either Cowboys, 49ers or Steelers as they all have won more over time. Otherwise always loyal to my "home" teams no matter where I am.

duke41981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duke41981

I'm a Ford guy and will tolerate other American autos. So I picked the teams that play in the Motor City.

freakna

quality posts: 2 Private Messages freakna

I listen for who the rest of the bar is cheering for.... then I cheer for the other team.

melb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melb

"Um, I'm from New England so I take offense to the Patriots reference, that should read either Cowboys, 49ers or Steelers as they all have won more over time."

Lighten up.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

By marching band. NO ONE beats the MOB (Marching Owl Band)! :-D

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

pixidustbunnie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pixidustbunnie

Mostly I support our home teams. This year for the Super Bowl, because Seattle didn't make it, I was rooting for the Ravens. I had no attachment to either team but there is a player on the Ravens who is involved in pit bull advocacy and that was a good enough reason for me! I do love those pitties.

w3kn

quality posts: 9 Private Messages w3kn

Born and raised in Maryland, so my allegiances are with the teams from DC and Baltimore.

79 woots and counting!

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

Tennessee Vol fan because I live here. Braves fan because when I was younger I could listen to the radio broadcasts. Became a Dallas Cowboys fan because when I was like 5 or 6 I was given a jersey as gift and loved them ever since. Bandwagon Bulls/ Michael Jordan fan.

ClaudeCat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClaudeCat

The literary significance of their team name.

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke

If I don't personally know someone on the team, I'm not all that interested. Granted, that limits me mostly to watching friends' kids' games, but I don't understand how "my" local sports team is anything to me. They're not people from around here, they have no loyalty to my city either individually or as a team....explain how they're "my" team.

lazyzombie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lazyzombie

I picked the Raiders because of a little game called Tecmo Super Bowl. Me and my three brothers each picked teams, and those have been our favorites since Christmas 1991.

werbrimhall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werbrimhall

Who ever is playing the Dallas Cowboys is our favorite NFL team. We don't watch basketball. Other sports our favorite is the home team.

Leah N. L. Brimhall

xjointchiefx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xjointchiefx

Born and raised in So. Cal. I bleed Dodger blue no matter where I am or wherever I go in the world...

amemait

quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait

They all stink these days. It's no longer about the game. It's about the money.