WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

FILA Men's Athletic Shoes

Put em the feet! Tie the laces! And rock out! Or walk out! Or sit down and be a guy sitting with a pair of shoes on! Or don't put them on! Leave them buy the door! For when you leave the house! That's what's crazy about these Fila shoes! They're so versatile!
Fila official site

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

newfiepage wrote:I'll admit it. I have a shoe addiction. I've got way too many pairs in my closet, but I can always make room for one more... like these Fila athletic shoes. How about you? Are you a shoe addict?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Gionot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gionot

Men's? Women's? Children's? The descriptions don't say, though the sizes make me think they are likely men's shoes.

When I search online I can only find the Finest Hour style (but not these colors) in women's and children's shoes. The Ultimate Lite style shows up in men's shoes.

kelserzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelserzz

Ya, I was really excited to pick up a pair but it doesnt mention mens or womens sizes. Also the one i wanted starts at a size 7 =/ If only you could throw me a size 6 1/2 bone here!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry guys but I don't have an immediate answer. I'm contacting someone to see if we can get this clarified though.

UPDATE: Woke someone up. They are all MEN'S. I've updated the title to reflect this. Sorry for the confusion.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mellobeth66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellobeth66

I would love to purchase the Fila Finest Hour Shoes - Black/Blue but I can't because the description does not say if it's men's or women's shoes. Hello we need to know can we please get an answer.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mellobeth66 wrote:I would love to purchase the Fila Finest Hour Shoes - Black/Blue but I can't because the description does not say if it's men's or women's shoes. Hello we need to know can we please get an answer.

They are MEN'S. I've updated the title to reflect this. Sorry for the confusion.

FORUM MODERATOR

Gionot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gionot

Ok, so now that we know they are men's shoes, does anybody want to share their experience with FILA? I'm really tempted, but I haven't had anything to do with the brand, and I'm not finding much in the way of reviews (and nothing at all for this style).

Any insight, good or bad, would be appreciated!

bob2013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob2013

Does anyone know if these shoes fit true to size?

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

bob2013 wrote:Does anyone know if these shoes fit true to size?

They do fit true to size. I always recommend buying athletic shoes a 1/2 size bigger, though, b/c your feet will "grow" if you do any type of pounding in them. Measure your foot before and after a 10K (or a 9 hour shift on a factory floor). But, as always, it's your choice.

jackh67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackh67

Damn you don't carry my size.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

They claim "standard" fit, which is meaningless to me. Anyone know what that means? Does that pertain to the width? If so, why not just list it? Are these narrow, wide, or crazy foot like a ray wide?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Fatkaboo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatkaboo
ckeilah wrote:They claim "standard" fit, which is meaningless to me. Anyone know what that means? Does that pertain to the width? If so, why not just list it? Are these narrow, wide, or crazy foot like a ray wide?

Since length is typically reported via shoe size, I'd have to assume they are neither narrow nor wide... just standard.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ckeilah wrote:They claim "standard" fit, which is meaningless to me. Anyone know what that means? Does that pertain to the width? If so, why not just list it? Are these narrow, wide, or crazy foot like a ray wide?

They run true to size which means if you wear a 9 in most shoes, you should be just fine with a 9 for these. They are standard fit (standard width).

FORUM MODERATOR

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586
ThunderThighs wrote:

Mens shoes fit me better. Their size 6 is a perfect 7.5/7.75 in Womens. :-)

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I have been buying shoes for decades, and never heard of "standard" width.
A/B = narrow
C/D = medium (I think)
E = wide
EEE = insanely wide like a sting ray body.

If I wear an 11.5B in a Luchese hand-made boot, will these fit me?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

newfiepage

Staff

ckeilah wrote:

If I wear an 11.5B in a Luchese hand-made boot, will these fit me?

The standard for a men's shoe width is D.

You have a narrow fit? Doubtful these would work for you. But, then again, every foot is different.

It would be difficult to compare a Lucchese cowboy boot fit to an athletic shoe fit. They're made on different lasts (forms). If you own athletic shoes, I'd start there for a better size comparison. Are your athletic shoes a standard or "D" width? If not, you may not want to roll the dice.

Nice boot choice by the way.

jmat3u4eff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmat3u4eff

are these running shoes? cross training? they look more like cross-training, but the description doesn't specify...

newfiepage

Staff

jmat3u4eff wrote:are these running shoes? cross training? they look more like cross-training, but the description doesn't specify...

They are considered running shoes, but they are very light and have EVA exposure on the tread, so you couldn't put heavy road miles on them. I'd lean toward gym use.

dyaballikl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dyaballikl
jmat3u4eff wrote:are these running shoes? cross training? they look more like cross-training, but the description doesn't specify...

I recently got a pair of very similar FILA shoes on discount. While I run with them, they lack padding and have poor enough flex that they're pretty awful on my feet and joints. Currently looking for an alternative.

mellobeth66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellobeth66
mellobeth66 wrote:I would love to purchase the Fila Finest Hour Shoes - Black/Blue but I can't because the description does not say if it's men's or women's shoes. Hello we need to know can we please get an answer.

My Fila Finest Hour arrived yesterday and I love them, they are super light and comfortable. I will be using them for the gym.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

Got mine in, been wearing them. VERY breathable compared to a similar pair of Nike shoes I own...with as cold as the weather has been last few days, these are probably better to wear when you're exercising indoors or working up a good sweat. For just walking around, these shoes keep the feet pretty cool. In the warmer months, these are gonna be awesome.