WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Crosman Airsoft Gear

What is lighter than a whisper, yet hits harder than a fist? What is soft enough for a baby to crawl through, yet heavy enough to crush a trailer park? What cannot be held in the hand, but can raise a welt on your friend's chest? It's air! Forget this fruity zen nonsense and start slinging pellets!
Crosman official site

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ROGETRAY wrote:I would put something clever and possibly funny here, but let's be honest with one another: You don't need me to start the conversation here. Talk amongst yourselves...

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

Are either of these guns suitable for raising welts on the chest of a friend?

Joshua714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joshua714
Ignace wrote:Are either of these guns suitable for raising welts on the chest of a friend?

Yeah, definitely a welt at minimum if not breaking skin... But most likely a broken nose. ( yours). I know, I had a airsoft BB that went through & under my skin on my face & had to get my doctor to cut it out. DON'T SHOOT AT PEOPLE!!!

David

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I would like to know if the face-mask is suitable for paintball, as well as for regular firearm use. You'd probably get laughed off the range, but regular "shooting glasses" only protect the eyes. ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

skatingbrit3

quality posts: 5 Private Messages skatingbrit3
ckeilah wrote:I would like to know if the face-mask is suitable for paintball, as well as for regular firearm use. You'd probably get laughed off the range, but regular "shooting glasses" only protect the eyes. ;-)

I highly doubt it. While I have never handled this specific mask, other airsoft masks tend to be made out of a more flexible plastic. This will not protect you from the significantly increased energy of a .68 paintball. This construction is likely because you cannot use a proper sighting system or attain a check-weld with a hard mask on (so that EOTech ripoff becomes useless.) From the product description:

Thermoplastic, rubber frame is covered with foam

Also for any paintball mask, due to the nature of the sport causing one to sweat like a fat pig on a Alabama August afternoon, a thermal pane is almost mandatory. If you are looking for a quality paintball mask that won't break the bank. I would recommend the Sly Annex

or you could try the Empire Helix

I have the Sly Annex, and while it is not a Dye mask, the thermal lens works quite well in it. I never have issues with fog. I even have a tinted thermal pane lens to go with it, and that makes it almost cheating in low sun.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku
Joshua714 wrote: DON'T SHOOT AT PEOPLE!!!

Then... what's the point of airsoft?

arrimapir8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arrimapir8

That airsoft pistol looks like something your friend keeps as a spare so you have one when he blows you away with his "regular" airsoft firearm.