WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Crosman Airsoft Gear

What is lighter than a whisper, yet hits harder than a fist? What is soft enough for a baby to crawl through, yet heavy enough to crush a trailer park? What cannot be held in the hand, but can raise a welt on your friend's chest? It's air! Forget this fruity zen nonsense and start slinging pellets!
Crosman official site

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ROGETRAY wrote:I would put something clever and possibly funny here, but let's be honest with one another: You don't need me to start the conversation here. Talk amongst yourselves...

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

Are either of these guns suitable for raising welts on the chest of a friend?

Joshua714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joshua714
Ignace wrote:Are either of these guns suitable for raising welts on the chest of a friend?

Yeah, definitely a welt at minimum if not breaking skin... But most likely a broken nose. ( yours). I know, I had a airsoft BB that went through & under my skin on my face & had to get my doctor to cut it out. DON'T SHOOT AT PEOPLE!!!

David

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I would like to know if the face-mask is suitable for paintball, as well as for regular firearm use. You'd probably get laughed off the range, but regular "shooting glasses" only protect the eyes. ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

skatingbrit3

quality posts: 5 Private Messages skatingbrit3
ckeilah wrote:I would like to know if the face-mask is suitable for paintball, as well as for regular firearm use. You'd probably get laughed off the range, but regular "shooting glasses" only protect the eyes. ;-)

I highly doubt it. While I have never handled this specific mask, other airsoft masks tend to be made out of a more flexible plastic. This will not protect you from the significantly increased energy of a .68 paintball. This construction is likely because you cannot use a proper sighting system or attain a check-weld with a hard mask on (so that EOTech ripoff becomes useless.) From the product description:

Thermoplastic, rubber frame is covered with foam

Also for any paintball mask, due to the nature of the sport causing one to sweat like a fat pig on a Alabama August afternoon, a thermal pane is almost mandatory. If you are looking for a quality paintball mask that won't break the bank. I would recommend the Sly Annex

or you could try the Empire Helix

I have the Sly Annex, and while it is not a Dye mask, the thermal lens works quite well in it. I never have issues with fog. I even have a tinted thermal pane lens to go with it, and that makes it almost cheating in low sun.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku
Joshua714 wrote: DON'T SHOOT AT PEOPLE!!!

Then... what's the point of airsoft?

arrimapir8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arrimapir8

That airsoft pistol looks like something your friend keeps as a spare so you have one when he blows you away with his "regular" airsoft firearm.