conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3297 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

3.8 out of 5.0 stars with nearly 60 reviews over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-120-Upright-Exercise-Model/dp/B0055WRVW8

[MOD: I believe that's a new model than the one we are selling.]

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

There's definitely some reviews here...

http://www.schwinnfitness.com/schwinn_fitness_us/nln/retiredproducts/uprightsr/prdcd~100164/Schwinnreg+120+Upright+Bike.jsp

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

pupyluvr

quality posts: 49 Private Messages pupyluvr

Where do you put your beer?
There's no red solo cupholder.

Sportsdrink is what I meant to say.

renatuslives

quality posts: 10 Private Messages renatuslives

The display on this one is far superior to the previous model offered http://sport.woot.com/offers/schwinn-120-upright-bike.

If I could swap the display on mine for this one, I would do it in a heartbeat.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

renatuslives wrote:The display on this one is far superior to the previous model offered http://sport.woot.com/offers/schwinn-120-upright-bike.

If I could swap the display on mine for this one, I would do it in a heartbeat.

We're selling the same bike this time. Same display.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

renatuslives

quality posts: 10 Private Messages renatuslives
ThunderThighs wrote:We're selling the same bike this time. Same display.

0.o

Ah, too bad! The pictures show the display from the older model which has the larger LCD, no fan, no MP3 audio connection.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

renatuslives wrote:0.o

Ah, too bad! The pictures show the display from the older model which has the larger LCD, no fan, no MP3 audio connection.

Right. Look at the pictures on the sale you linked. Am I missing something?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100

It's a very good bike. The flywheel is very smooth and quiet due to the magnetic resistance. I can literally bike with someone sleep a few feet away. The magnetic resistance also allows all the fancy programming that the computer has, i.e. to simulate a hilly ride. The negative side to magnetic resistance is that you need electricity to run the bike. The display is detailed and the moving bar graph is fun to watch. And the bike is surprisingly compact. Of all the bikes we considered -- all had advanced displays and programming -- the Schwinns have the smallest footprint.

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100

FYI, the computer used for this bike is also used for an elliptical stair stepper. In some models, the computer was mistaken set for elliptical mode so you'll see messages like, "Just a few more steps!" I forget how to do it but switching modes was very easy.

pjeffy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages pjeffy

I own this bike, bought it on Amazon for 25% off (still $10 more than this) about a month ago. I am very happy with the bike and use it 5X a week along with the elliptical I bought about the same time. It rides like a much bigger more expensive bike. The only problem is that the seat has loosed up a couple of times (side to side) and I have had to tighten it back down...and the display is impossible to read in normal light. It took me about 1 hour to put it together and that was taking my time.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Two things:
1. This is cheaper by $20 than the previous woot, now at $179.99
2. Reading the Amawho reviews, concerns on the seat being too hard? Easy to change?

ghavo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghavo

Is that Michelle Obama on the bike... Man the economy must be really bad to have the 1st Lady "peddling" exercise bikes...

zzzzzz.... snort.... zzzzz... What? Woot? Where? When? Why?.... awwww... spent money again.... yawn... zzzzzz snort... zzzzz... What? Woot? Where?.....

lichme

quality posts: 2739 Private Messages lichme
whatsamattaU wrote:Two things:
1. This is cheaper by $20 than the previous woot, now at $179.99
2. Reading the Amawho reviews, concerns on the seat being too hard? Easy to change?

I was wondering that myself, as it was my first thought. I think it may be easy enough to put one of the gel covers onto to at least take some of the discomfort away.

Proxgotsthafia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proxgotsthafia
sdc100 wrote:It's a very good bike. The flywheel is very smooth and quiet due to the magnetic resistance. I can literally bike with someone sleep a few feet away. The magnetic resistance also allows all the fancy programming that the computer has, i.e. to simulate a hilly ride. The negative side to magnetic resistance is that you need electricity to run the bike. The display is detailed and the moving bar graph is fun to watch. And the bike is surprisingly compact. Of all the bikes we considered -- all had advanced displays and programming -- the Schwinns have the smallest footprint.

Approximately how long is the power cable?

iwantamonkey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iwantamonkey

I bought this bike a couple weeks ago when Woot was charging $20 more. (insert 'Sad Panda' emoticon)

Woot had it on a Monday, I clicked the ridiculously large button, and it was at my door on Thursday. Not bad for $5 shipping.

The bike works great. The supports are wide and give it a solid, stable base. As others have commented, the display is 'meh' and I would say the fan blows, but not very well. But it's not like the wife is training for the Tour de France (she doesn't like needles) it's just for her to pedal away while in front of the TV. (Proximity to our TV also makes the MP3 input pretty useless).

So, I say you should buy it. Then you can laugh at me cuz you got it for $20 less then me. But I get the last laugh because I have a two week headstart, and it's hard to catch me on a stationary bike.

Edit: Power cable is about 6 feet.

cotillion

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cotillion
iwantamonkey wrote:I bought this bike a couple weeks ago when Woot was charging $20 more. (insert 'Sad Panda' emoticon)

Woot had it on a Monday, I clicked the ridiculously large button, and it was at my door on Thursday. Not bad for $5 shipping.

The bike works great. The supports are wide and give it a solid, stable base. As others have commented, the display is 'meh' and I would say the fan blows, but not very well. But it's not like the wife is training for the Tour de France (she doesn't like needles) it's just for her to pedal away while in front of the TV. (Proximity to our TV also makes the MP3 input pretty useless).

So, I say you should buy it. Then you can laugh at me cuz you got it for $20 less then me. But I get the last laugh because I have a two week headstart, and it's hard to catch me on a stationary bike.

Edit: Power cable is about 6 feet.

I thought that the one Woot sold/is selling was the older one that does NOT have the fan or MP3 stuff.

ubbriggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ubbriggs

For those that have this, how easy is it to move around? I am thinking of keeping it in my basement but storing it in the workout / weights room and moving it out in front of the big basement TV roughly 20 ft away.

spudly12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spudly12
cotillion wrote:I thought that the one Woot sold/is selling was the older one that does NOT have the fan or MP3 stuff.

Based in the display in the w00t write up versus Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-120-Upright-Exercise-Model/dp/B0055WRVW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360161820&sr=8-1&keywords=schwin+120+exercise+bike) this one clearly is the 2009 model.

Playing on 8 bits, working on 32.

lcarscad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lcarscad

For those who have this, how much assembly is needed and how difficult is it (and how difficult to do solo?)

I'm considering pretty hard, but that's going to be the sticking point for me.

Thanks!

robertpetry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertpetry

so this is the older model with the better screen but no speakers or fan right?

Is there a compatible tablet or book holder for this model? I would watch stuff on my iPad while riding.

goatboy8me

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goatboy8me
lcarscad wrote:For those who have this, how much assembly is needed and how difficult is it (and how difficult to do solo?)

I'm considering pretty hard, but that's going to be the sticking point for me.

Thanks!

Assembly is easier than putting a regular bicycle together out of the box. I needed help just once but could have done it without the help.Really there is only about 5 parts to put together on the main unit. Hope this helps

beeceee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beeceee

I have the 2009 model which has issues with the tension adjustment. The mechanisim falls off the set and error E3 displays causing the program workout to stop. It's impossible to open the casing completely and when you finally squeeze your arm in to fix it the thing comes off again. The newer model has a tension knob which seems to have solved the issue. My 2009 model is going in the trash after i pull out intersting parts for other projects.

iwantamonkey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iwantamonkey
ubbriggs wrote:For those that have this, how easy is it to move around? I am thinking of keeping it in my basement but storing it in the workout / weights room and moving it out in front of the big basement TV roughly 20 ft away.

The front crossbar has two wheels on it. You'll lift the back end up about 45 degrees and away you'll roll. (Don't attempt wheelies while actually riding the bike... trust me)
I assembled it first and then carried it downstairs; I don't recommend that. But once you're on the right floor it moves around easily enough.
Also, the above pics of the display shows the version with large screen, no fan, no speakers. I recieved the version with small screen, fan, and speakers. I don't know which is 2009 or 2012. But the bike itself works great.

lcarscad

goatboy8me wrote:Assembly is easier than putting a regular bicycle together out of the box. I needed help just once but could have done it without the help.Really there is only about 5 parts to put together on the main unit. Hope this helps

It does. Many thanks!

beeceee

No speakers on 2009 model except for the one under the display for the beeps, 6 buttons on a mono display. The plug is about 6' and plugs near the floor about 1 ft up. I believe the newer model has a lighter colored plastic. And yes the seat stinks but easy to fix with a gel cover. Other than the tension issue it's pretty nice.

beeceee

ok, last post for this....After closer inspection on my pc and not my phone, this is definitely the 2009 model and not the 2012. This is the display of the 2012. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81p%2BmgvCkPL._SL1500_.jpg
As for which to buy, up to you. It does have a warranty, the one I have was left in the house I bought. (the guy died so it wasn't left broke, it broke on me and after researching the problem it seemed to be common. If I had the warranty it would be fine....)

Happy Woot'in

aggiestephanie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggiestephanie
robertpetry wrote:so this is the older model with the better screen but no speakers or fan right?

Is there a compatible tablet or book holder for this model? I would watch stuff on my iPad while riding.

Check out the Surf Shelf from Randem Joe - think it might work...

beeceee

iwantamonkey wrote: I don't know which is 2009 or 2012. But the bike itself works great.

Amazon shows them both so you can see the difference.

nucleartwig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nucleartwig

I bought it the last time they had it for my parents. I stayed with woot because the images from the last one showed the 2009 model while amazon was selling the 2012 model for the same price (I have a prime account). Sad to say, when it arrived, it was the 2012 model with the hard to read display. Not really a big deal for my parents, but don't be surprised if you get the 2012 model despite the images showing the display screen as the 2009 model. If the easy to read screen is a must then buyer beware.

cotillion

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cotillion
nucleartwig wrote:I bought it the last time they had it for my parents. I stayed with woot because the images from the last one showed the 2009 model while amazon was selling the 2012 model for the same price (I have a prime account). Sad to say, when it arrived, it was the 2012 model with the hard to read display. Not really a big deal for my parents, but don't be surprised if you get the 2012 model despite the images showing the display screen as the 2009 model. If the easy to read screen is a must then buyer beware.

So I just got mine...it's the one with the hard-to-read display with the pointless fan on it.

Proxgotsthafia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Proxgotsthafia
cotillion wrote:So I just got mine...it's the one with the hard-to-read display with the pointless fan on it.

Same here. What can ya do, y'know. I did hear the hardware was a bit more reliable on the new model, so it's no all bad.

hguffman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hguffman

Mine was damaged and returned before it reached my house? Has this happened to anyone, what does WOOT do in these cases? I have been waiting so patiently for my bike!

boater33

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boater33
sdc100 wrote:FYI, the computer used for this bike is also used for an elliptical stair stepper. In some models, the computer was mistaken set for elliptical mode so you'll see messages like, "Just a few more steps!" I forget how to do it but switching modes was very easy.

hah, I just figured out why it asks me to pedal backwards!!! Thanks!!!..
and use my arms!!

I'll fix that today, thanks!

lcarscad

Mine got here last Monday, but did have a damaged part in the box - I contacted Schwinn, and they are sending me a replacement part (it's the front stabilizer), so I'm still waiting to assemble.

It looks like it might be fine to use, but I figured I'd rather not chance it - customer service with them was great though.

getupkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getupkid
lcarscad wrote:Mine got here last Monday, but did have a damaged part in the box - I contacted Schwinn, and they are sending me a replacement part (it's the front stabilizer), so I'm still waiting to assemble.

It looks like it might be fine to use, but I figured I'd rather not chance it - customer service with them was great though.

I had the exact same problem. Schwinn quoted me 5-7 days to get the part. I just contacted them (it's been 17 days, so I wanted to see what was up) and they told me to expect the part to arrive in mid-to-late April. This is a reoccurring theme with my Woots and, while I know it's not Woot's fault, it's getting reeeeaaallly frustrating.