zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 2548 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

The wood set alone sells for 129.99 at amazon with great reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Pinemeadow-Golf-Set-Driver-Hybrid-Regular/dp/B007LO34HO

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
conanthelibrarian wrote:The wood set alone sells for 129.99 at amazon with great reviews

That's not just the wood set, it's the entire set. Still, Woot's deal saves $30.

lichme

quality posts: 2275 Private Messages lichme

I don't think it is specified (I could be missing it), but I am guessing this is a right handed set.

In case you missed it, here is the fancy video overview:

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:I don't think it is specified (I could be missing it), but I am guessing this is a right handed set.

Or it could be the last bullet of the features:

Right Handed

Just teasing. Thanks for all you do!

lichme

quality posts: 2275 Private Messages lichme
ThunderThighs wrote:Or it could be the last bullet of the features:

Right Handed

Just teasing. Thanks for all you do!

Lol, was I going crazy, or did you ninja it in to make me look bad?

Turc

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Turc

Been looking for a nicely-rated, nicely-priced set for a while since I already have a bag. It's like Woot is always looking out for me, but at the same time waiting for my wallet in a dark alley with a 5-iron...

sueb2b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sueb2b

It's always a right-handed men's set.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:Lol, was I going crazy, or did you ninja it in to make me look bad?

Nope, it was there all along.

alextse

quality posts: 21 Private Messages alextse

I had Pinemeadow golf clubs as my first set. In fact, they are still sitting around as a back-up in case someone comes and wants to play but doesn't have theirs. The main reason is that they have basically no resale value.

If this is your first time golfing, these will do just fine. However, if you do find yourself a "regular" (relative statement) player, then you'll want to get properly fitted so that the clubs fit your swing instead of you ingraining a bad swing to fit clubs that don't fit properly.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Pinemeadow Golf 11600 Men's PGX Golf Set - Price Comparisons

Today's Woot = $99.99 + $5 Shipping (Total = $104.99)
Woot price today is $25 lower than lowest price found below. (including shipping)

Amazon = $129.99 + Ships Free

Pinemeadowgolf.com = $189.95 + Ships Free
*Both right and left hand available
http://www.pinemeadowgolf.com/golf-clubs/golf_sets/pgx.set

Overstock.com = $149.99 + Free Shipping
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/PGX-Right-Hand-Mens-Golf-Set/6828213/product.html?cid=144064&fp=F&TRACK=CSEPG&mr:referralID=349d8b6c-6f82-11e2-97b3-001b2166becc

**NOTE**
All pricing and vendors above found using a random Google search. Your own independent search may find other vendors and differing and/or lower pricing.

awp117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awp117

No love for us southpaws... I guess I'll just go and play with my safety scissors in the corner

gelo48

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gelo48
awp117 wrote:No love for us southpaws... I guess I'll just go and play with my safety scissors in the corner

No kidding, I have been looking for a good LH starter set for months. All the great deals are for Righties. Arrrrggghhhhhh.

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

Ty Webb Approved

newmaner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newmaner

haha - the picture has the clubs out of order. They're shown as 5,9,7,8,6, P

Gatesay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gatesay

Will this help me play better? My current clubs hardly ever hit the ball where I want it!

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I have the Pinemeadow PGX putter and must say it's pretty darn nice for the price paid. Really only about 1 star difference versus an Odyssey putter that's 4X the price in my opinion. So it would seem Pinemeadow makes some decent stuff.

bigben006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigben006

Again with the right-handedness. How about giving a dog a bone.

Lefty PLEASE!

timmyboy2260

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmyboy2260

Anybody else notice that the irons go 5, 9, 7, 8, 6? That or they are stamped wrong.

Kilikopele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilikopele

woot! Since Lefties make up 15 % of the population, how about 15% of your Golf Club sales be lefty sets.

Of course, Lefties are also far more likely to shop at Left-Handed Golf Shops and be members of Left-Handed Golf Organizations than righties too.

Seriously, I only come here for the articles.

jwjones79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwjones79

Really getting sick of the lefty discrimination.

karisk81

quality posts: 7 Private Messages karisk81
Kilikopele wrote:woot! Since Lefties make up 15 % of the population, how about 15% of your Golf Club sales be lefty sets.

Of course, Lefties are also far more likely to shop at Left-Handed Golf Shops and be members of Left-Handed Golf Organizations than righties too.

I think through necessity, I ended up as a lefty that throws, bats and golfs right handed. I still write, bowl, play pool, and shoot left handed though. My biggest trick is that I can use a scissors with both hands (dang schools never having good lefty scissors). I guess the moral of my story is that I'm weird.

omoomo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages omoomo

If you are a beginning golfer who is looking for a very basic starter set, these are fine and if you want to upgrade in the future or stop playing, you won't have too much sunk money into the hobby.

They are modeled after the Taylor Made RBZ line...but the iron weighting is not remotely close to the RBZ line, but the Woods are pretty decent for the price.

The 3w IMO is the best club in the bunch...nice profile to hit it off the tee or off the deck...for the price as a starter set, you can't beat it as even a second-hand starter set with comperable features would only save you $10-$20 bucks.

mandklewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandklewis

geez, where'd all these lefties find keyboards to rant with...

omoomo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages omoomo
Kilikopele wrote:woot! Since Lefties make up 15 % of the population, how about 15% of your Golf Club sales be lefty sets.

Only about half of left handed golfers actually play left handed because of the dated 'negative golf stigma' behind lefty golfers.

My Father is a natural left-hander but was taught many years ago, that "golf is a right handed sport". Most older lefties I come across play golf right-handed as well.

This ancient silliness is going away with the popularity of noted lefty golfers like Phil Mickelson, Mike Weir, Bubba Watson, etc. but the % I still see quoted is about 50%.

Also, it used to be that all left handed golf sets were manufactured by only two different companies in the US because it wasn't profitable for the major OEMs to make left handed clubs given the small volume. The OEMs would send the molds and specs to these companies and they would reverse engineer them, make the left sets and send them back to the OEM for final branding, etc.

Since most golf clubs are not made in the US anymore, that's not the case...but before offshoring hit the golf club industry, that was the case.

werekong

quality posts: 6 Private Messages werekong
karisk81 wrote:I think through necessity, I ended up as a lefty that throws, bats and golfs right handed. I still write, bowl, play pool, and shoot left handed though. My biggest trick is that I can use a scissors with both hands (dang schools never having good lefty scissors). I guess the moral of my story is that I'm weird.

I'm left-handed too, play golf right=handed, but everything else left-handed.......does that make me partially weird??

ror2001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ror2001
omoomo wrote:They are modeled after the Taylor Made RBZ line...but the iron weighting is not remotely close to the RBZ line, but the Woods are pretty decent for the price..

I was just about to post the same thing... The "Pinemeadow" logo is a straight ripoff of the Taylormade logo.

karisk81

quality posts: 7 Private Messages karisk81

If I were a beginning golfer, I would probably look to buy a used set either off a friend or a retailer. I know someone like Play It Again Sports probably offers starter sets that they build from the random stuff they get in.

To start off you don't need every club available, just the basics like putter, 3,5,7,9 and maybe pw.

That being said, 100 isn't too bad but you're still going to need to shell out some money for a putter and a bag.

ddiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddiii
awp117 wrote:No love for us southpaws... I guess I'll just go and play with my safety scissors in the corner

You can't do that either... those are right-handed safety scissors.

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

Another lefty here..... Shivering in the coldness of a right-handed world.
A lump of coal pleeze.

marc15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marc15
conanthelibrarian wrote:The wood set alone sells for 129.99 at amazon with great reviews

Dealmester---You are obviously not a golfer--these club if a beginner or once or twice a year greensman they will work--I bought a set once as I used a knock-off driver from a silmuliar company that was very good---Pinemeadow makes KNOCK OFF CLUBS--not the real thing or as good--go to the site and you can get Ping KO's Callaway KO's you name it--Pinemeadow also is like Icon health fitness products --under 10 different names--

tg3rd13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tg3rd13

I'll wait for the Wilson set theyve had up a few times. been waitin patiently since the last time.