WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Razor Scooters

You know what they say about you when who go scooting by on your way to work? No, you probably don't. Because by the time they say anything, you're a block or two away. Ignorance is bliss, my friend! Ignorance is bliss!
Razor official site

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Get your low-riding commuter wheels here!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

If you guys use this between offices, I suppose it could be used between campus buildings--and faster than the university bus system at that. So why don't I see college students using these? How bizarre will it look if Professor Whackjob uses one in heels and a skirt, scooting toward Ivory Towers?

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

I'm thinking about getting one for my 5 yr old who is very hesitant about riding a bike. Maybe the balance and control will be better with one of these.

jmhatfield07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmhatfield07

Why is the pro model more expensive on Woot! than the Spark DLX model? The DLX has the larger orginal price...

mrglenasmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrglenasmith
traquy wrote:I'm thinking about getting one for my 5 yr old who is very hesitant about riding a bike. Maybe the balance and control will be better with one of these.

I had a reluctant biker too. The scooter helped some with balance, but a tow behind bike: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_bike helped a lot. With Mom or Dad in the front they feel safer, and they get the feel for balancing while sitting. Plus you can feel when they get wiggly or lean too far to one side, and correct it verbally rather than letting gravity and the road do it.

Once we moved them to their own bikes, they quickly went from "Hold on and don't let go" to "Watch me, Daddy!"
Glen