WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Go Outside, Already! Outdoor Gear Deals

Come on. Just for a little bit? Take a walk, maybe? Go camping? Sit in a hammock? Just try being outside for once. You might like it!

Quality Posts

szivick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages szivick

If you're trying to sell outdoor gear why in the world would you put a freaking snake in the picture with the gear?!?

jcoberly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcoberly
szivick wrote:If you're trying to sell outdoor gear why in the world would you put a freaking snake in the picture with the gear?!?

It's woot! and I thought it was a funny little touch.

jcoberly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcoberly

My question is why would anybody pay $10 for 6 sets of first aid kits essentially consisting of nothing more than a few generic band-aids, an alcohol wipe, and some aspirin?

tomduff87

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomduff87

"Go Outside, Already! Outoor Gear Deals"

What's an Outoor?

Seriously? No one has noticed that yet? It's driving me nuts lol

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

If there is a snake in the picture you should be selling one too or including one(poisonous) snake in random orders from this sale to discourage boredom.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Would this work with a hydration bladder (probably 64 oz) and tube?

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mrsjhaye
jcoberly wrote:My question is why would anybody pay $10 for 6 sets of first aid kits essentially consisting of nothing more than a few generic band-aids, an alcohol wipe, and some aspirin?

For either those "small everyday emergencies" or for six copies of the first aid booklet?

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mrsjhaye

The Teton daypacks have had some good reviews. In for two to fill with other woot! crap through the year for my grandkids. Great back to school gift in the fall or an Easter basket alternative. Probably will regret not getting a third for myself.

sachindhar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sachindhar

how are the waterbottles? Does the water taste like plastic?

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
sachindhar wrote:how are the waterbottles? Does the water taste like plastic?

I like the bottles, I don't find that they taste like plastic, and I have left water in them for a while (over a week) and drank it (it was all I had). I find the lid to be somewhat hard to get off on occasion, probably not something a very young child would be able to do. Mainly awkward, not a strength issue. One of the nice things about them is the volume measurements written on the side of the bottle, for anyone that needs things measured, or if you are mixing a type of drink in it. Well worth the price. I have not had any issues with leaking either.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

MarkES

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MarkES

I'd LOVE to see a Grey Banded Kingsnake (Lampropeltis alterna) in my campsite. It would probably be the highlight of my whole trip.

djcro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djcro

Darn. I was hoping the snake was one of the things you were selling..

dianawonglam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dianawonglam

Does anybody know of any reviews of the sleeping bags?

whissdd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whissdd

Red against black friend of Jack, red against yellow, kill a fellow. So its all good :-)

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

We always learned it: "Red and yellow: kill a fellow! Red and black: venom lack."

I'm disappointed in these "first aid kits" too. The bicycle ones woot had a few weeks ago are the bare minimum one should carry on outdoor (or outOOR) sojourn, IMHO. Be Prepared! ;-)

But, hey, if you are only prepared to call Big Nanny to save you from a cut on a hike, this is better than that.

What is the expiration date on these? The bicycle kits had items that aren't valid beyond this year, so that could be a deal killer. Maybe woot! could get a deal on individual packs of neosporin with pain relief ointment to restock the expired kits....

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
dianawonglam wrote:Does anybody know of any reviews of the sleeping bags?

The Apache 5 is awesome... picked up last month woot... it's perfect oversize bag, and has 5 pounds stuffing so very comfortable. If you get 2, comes in huge 5 foot box. Can't beat for 20 bucks!

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 26 Private Messages sellbuyer92

With the Backpacks, be careful of the zipper Slider. They come off really easily, so be prepared with Paperclips or just clamp down the zipper pull. Plus these do have some pretty good space, but probably just good for a day hike.

irradiated

quality posts: 5 Private Messages irradiated

Ok, folks... just admit that the one product is sold out just so you can tell your friends you got a stool sample from Woot.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

irradiated wrote:Ok, folks... just admit that the one product is sold out just so you can tell your friends you got a stool sample from Woot.

i think they're in for quite a surprise. or disappointment, depending on their proclivities.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.