rcortez1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcortez1969

$79 at Eddie Bauer. Not a great Woot deal

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=43765

[MOD: Only available in 8M + $9.99 shipping.]

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3702 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

ok reviews over at teva.com

http://www.teva.com/mens-chair-5-lightweight-winter-boots/1001468,default,pd.html

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Bummer. I was really hoping for the .22 big brother of yesterday's woot!

Does anyone know if these last very long? Also what is the standard width? I assume medium-wide....

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

chadness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chadness

Last pair of Tevas I tried on were slightly narrow. One of the reviews on their site said the same about these.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

Be careful with sizing, this review warns that because these boots have a liner, the printed size ends up being too small.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1Z8EP8KCWRBAF

hagbard78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagbard78

Tempting, but buying any kind of footwear without trying them on first is pretty risky, IMO.

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc

Is it just me or does it appear that the color descriptions for the first two pictures were switched by mistake?

I stand corrected:

http://www.teva.com/mens-chair-5-lightweight-winter-boots/1001468,default,pd.html#ReviewHeader

davidplace

quality posts: 3 Private Messages davidplace

The good news is that all of the the TEVA items I have bought from Woot in my 8.5 size so far have fit great, but the liner issue is an unknown factor. Is there anybody in the Woot community who actually knows something definite about this product?
Woot should tell us about fit -- after all, they are buying a gazzillion of these! [And since they an Amazon subsidiary, they have lots of inside info to share with customers.] I have had problems with Woot taking back running shoes that were way too small, so be careful.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

Teva makes a great shoe. I was out in the snow and ice in my spider rubber soled shoes and they truly give you the edge in not slipping. They have held up well. I don't have these boots, but I am considering these for my son for next year (I just bought him other boots about a week ago!) :-(

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum
lstaff wrote:Teva makes a great shoe. I was out in the snow and ice in my spider rubber soled shoes and they truly give you the edge in not slipping. They have held up well. I don't have these boots, but I am considering these for my son for next year (I just bought him other boots about a week ago!) :-(

Thanks for your post. SLIPPING is my biggest concern - this whole area is one big slipping and tripping hazard. Will these boots grip freshly-fallen, icy snow? Slick paving stones covered with cold water or ice?

I'm still wearing a pair of Tevas I bought in the first year or two of the company's existence. Later I bought a pair of their Aztec sandals; one of the velcro strips did not hold up well, and Teva's support was no help at all. Despite Teva's cra ppy support, I bought a 3rd pair (F27011A), this time from Woot, and that pair is doing nicely.

Response to posts about...

SIZING: I wear 12-1/2 - or would, but most companies don't make that size, so I'm always stuck trying to figure out whether to go a little too small or a little too big. It's an easy call here - order big, then wear one or two pairs of socks, choosing thicknesses that will provide the greatest comfort and protection from the cold.

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav

I just bought these boots this past week from Eastern Mountain Sports (for $68 and free shipping with cash back...) I too was concerned about the reviews that said they run small so I ended up ordering my regular size, 11 and the 11.5 just to be safe. I also wear a wide shoe (2E or 4E depending on the make) so I was twice as concerned. Turns out the 11 actually fit perfectly well with a normal sock. If you plan on wearing a very thick sock, it wouldn't hurt to go up the half size but it's not absolutely necessary.

My only complaint at all is where the outer shoe meets the liner at the rear of the foot, there's a stiff piece of velcro to hold the two pieces together. With a lighter sock you tend to feel it push against your upper heel area. I haven't worn them long enough to see if it will cause any real discomfort or problems. That little issue is truly the only real negative I can say about these boots. Otherwise, they're awesome. Very lightweight and flexible, love that I can wear the liner separately, and they seem to be of high quality. I had my eye on these for the last two months but they weren't dropping below $120 until this past week.

bleong520

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bleong520

I bought these a few weeks ago for $129.99 on AMZN, but am gladly returning to get them at this price.

On my original purchase I saw a review that said they ran small, so since I range from a 9 - 9.5, I bought the 9.5s, but they were a little too roomy. Returned them for the 9's and they were just right.

Returning again to get these at the better price.

w00t!

fazotto

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fazotto

I purchased a pair of these boots from Eddie Bauer but I need to return them for the following reasons:

1. hard to get in and out of them
2. they have absolutely no arch support
3. they make a squeaky noise when you walk in them

Pros: light-weight, warm, waterproof and comfortable.

For the record I've owned at least 10 Teva boots, shoes, sandals, flip-flops in the past 5 years and I LOVE the brand but these boots were just not for me.

Nikoli2000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nikoli2000

I'm in. Just had a puddle riddled walk across campus. Wet socks are one of the worst feelings in the world. (I have a spare pair. Neurotically prepared.)

Oh, and the name, I'd bet it's as in "chair lift #5." When ya gotta man chair #5, you should wear these boots.

thammuz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thammuz

I feel like I wouldn't be able to comfortably fit into the size 14... I'd love for these boot makers to make some size 14.5s and 15s... Something a little more casual than outside work oriented boots.

Unless, these do some how run very true to a 14, I may be able to slip in to.

gryhnd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gryhnd
ckeilah wrote:Does anyone know if these last very long? Also what is the standard width? I assume medium-wide....

Ditto. Is the width a medium? I need clown shoes.

lifecarechiro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lifecarechiro

Ok, seriously tempted to get a pair of these. Just checked other sites and EMS is 99 and Zappos is 119-159 depending on color. Seeing as how my dog ate my nice Sorrels these look like a good replacement. In for one!!! (Well 2 actually, just one would look odd)

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

gryhnd wrote:Ditto. Is the width a medium? I need clown shoes.

Correct. They are medium width.

Need really wide, eh? I'll keep my eyes open, but brands just don't manufacture much excess in wide.

scotteik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scotteik
bacalum wrote: SIZING: I wear 12-1/2 - or would, but most companies don't make that size, so I'm always stuck trying to figure out whether to go a little too small or a little too big. It's an easy call here - order big, then wear one or two pairs of socks, choosing thicknesses that will provide the greatest comfort and protection from the cold.

I feel your pain, right foot is 12 1/2 left is 12. So large 12's or small 13's are ideal. Otherwise left is swimming in 13's or right is tight in 12's. On rare (very rare) occasions I find a sneaker that comes in 12 1/2, but thats happened only twice in last 10 years. If there were only more of us, maybe 12 1/2's would become a standard size.

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179
scotteik wrote:I feel your pain, right foot is 12 1/2 left is 12. So large 12's or small 13's are ideal. Otherwise left is swimming in 13's or right is tight in 12's. On rare (very rare) occasions I find a sneaker that comes in 12 1/2, but thats happened only twice in last 10 years. If there were only more of us, maybe 12 1/2's would become a standard size.

I'm in the same boat but also have a very narrow foot. It feels like finding the holy grail when I find a shoe let alone a boot that fits my foot.

seanpn777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanpn777

SIZING INFO...

I'm pretty picky about sizing so I went to Teva's site and thought this was super helpful...

http://www.teva.com/sizing/sizing,default,pg.html

Gives you their exact size in inches or millimeters so you can measure your foot and match it to Teva's sizes.

Accelerator

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Accelerator
mreynolds179 wrote:I'm in the same boat but also have a very narrow foot. It feels like finding the holy grail when I find a shoe let alone a boot that fits my foot.

He said "Boat" hahahaha. Ummm, actually I'm in the yacht category with a size 13

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum
scotteik wrote:I feel your pain, right foot is 12 1/2 left is 12. So large 12's or small 13's are ideal. Otherwise left is swimming in 13's or right is tight in 12's. On rare (very rare) occasions I find a sneaker that comes in 12 1/2, but thats happened only twice in last 10 years. If there were only more of us, maybe 12 1/2's would become a standard size.

Scott,
Right on! I think many people have a right foot slightly larger than their left, just as right hands are usually larger than left. [I just checked - my right index and middle fingers are slightly longer than the left, but the others are the same. Is that weird or normal? I'm betting fairly normal.]

FWIW, I've heard many women have a similar problem with bras, because one breast is often a larger size than the other. There are a large number of African carvings at the museum near here. In many, women are seated and breastfeeding a baby. In most of those, they're holding the baby's weight in their right hand, so the baby is suckling the left breast - yep, the carvers usually make that one slightly bigger. I wonder if that corresponds to Euro-Amer-Asian women?

I'll bet someone has studied this! My shoes and gloves look like they're exactly the same size. Shouldn't manufacturers make shoes and gloves with the right one slightly bigger? Padding works to equalize bra cups; should we have to wear one padded sock to equalize our shoes/boots?

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

billchase2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billchase2

Dang, I just remembered to check Woot today and my size is all out. My pair of boots started falling apart yesterday so this would have been perfect timing. Back to the drawing board!

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103

Attention all clown-footed folks like me--these sound really narrow. From the Teva site reviews:

Comments about Chair 5:
Love the boot. Runs on the narrow side which is no reflection on Teva. Doubt the material is designed to stretch and going a size bigger just means getting a longer boot.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku
Accelerator wrote:He said "Boat" hahahaha. Ummm, actually I'm in the yacht category with a size 13

You have some small feet there. I have 15 (Or 16 depending on the brand) EE feet and it's a pain in the ass finding anything that isn't New Balance

tsunamei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsunamei

Anyone get the TAXSUCKS code to work on their order?

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

I'm a female with size 8(ish) feet... do any of you gents know how men/women's sizes compare? Could I buy the size 7's listed here and be ok?

(I'm in desperate need of new boots and tend to dislike women's color combinations, fur, useless buckles, etc)

pnewell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pnewell

So what size would one recommend for someone with say, size 9.5 4E sized-feet? 9.5 be good enough or go for the 10?

ericah121

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ericah121

I haven't Wooted much...if I order the size I think I need but they don't fit, is returning them an option?

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav
pnewell wrote:So what size would one recommend for someone with say, size 9.5 4E sized-feet? 9.5 be good enough or go for the 10?

Seems kind of irrelevant since both colors are sold out in 9.5 and 10.

pnewell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pnewell
cinoclav wrote:Seems kind of irrelevant since both colors are sold out in 9.5 and 10.

Ah. I hadn't checked my size since earlier today.

Still curious.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dnlkolender

If it isn't Merrel I just don't care!

dnlkolender

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dnlkolender
runnerfrog13 wrote:I'm a female with size 8(ish) feet... do any of you gents know how men/women's sizes compare? Could I buy the size 7's listed here and be ok?

(I'm in desperate need of new boots and tend to dislike women's color combinations, fur, useless buckles, etc)

I can't answer that but highly recommend the brand Merrel. I think you will like the style choices & the foot support is awesome. Rugged boot too & waterproof gortex never fails. But unless you live in Canada or the Arctic DO NOT BUY THE THERMO versions as your feet will drown from lower calf down!!! In sweat that is :P

aeronutx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeronutx

I just received my size 9 order today, and they will be going back, since they feel a little but tight. If anyone who has a 9.5 is interested in a trade, let me know.

Interestingly, the printed label on the box says they are size 7, but a secondary sticker shows them as size 9.

jont717

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jont717

These boots are terrible. I cannot believe they are Teva. I am in the process of returning mine to Woot!

The liner is messed up and has a big indent right in the middle of the foot. Very uncomfortable. I am a 12 and bought a 12 and they are small as well.