WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Vibram FiveFingers Shoes

Wait a minute, wait a minute. Five FINGERS? Am I wearing these things wrong? I don't want to look like a TOTAL MORON.
Vibram FiveFingers official site

Quality Posts

• (9:42 AM, 1/28/2013) slappywhite2001 digs out a sizing tool.
  • (10:53 AM, 1/28/2013) radrdff is concerned about width.
  • (8:53 PM, 1/30/2013) rebeltreble gives some great advice...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
newfiepage wrote:I love Vibram FiveFinger shoes. The whole "minimalist" trend is the first original idea to come to footwear in a long time. Vibram just perfected it. What do you think about FiveFingers?
I'm just hanging out, really.

matate99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matate99

Come on woot. Help out us guys with Sasquatch feet and at least go up to Continental 48 (us 14)

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling

Awesome! I got a pair in my size. I've wanted a pair of these for a couple years now I just never found them for the right price. Thanks Woot!

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

slappywhite2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slappywhite2001

Here's a sizing tool from the manufacturer:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/size_fit/

I do enjoy a good grilled cheese sandwich.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 30 Private Messages skispeakeasy

Check with your gym before you buy. There are stories littering the web about some gyms banning Vibrams.

I have used these at the gym before and I'd say they are more safe for lifting, especially when doing a squat.

Done and done! ;)

tmfrizzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmfrizzell

In for 2 pair. I love my Fila Skeletoes, but they have worn out. Ready for the upgrade.

This is a fantastic price. Thanks Woot!

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko

These are some really good prices for vibrams. If you are interested in barefoot running be sure to check out a few sources on proper running form before trying anything too lengthy. (some good videos on the youtube)

radrdff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radrdff

I don't see anything about width on their website. Do these work for wide feet? What about narrow feet?

Edit: I found my answer in the FAQ's. http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/faq/#2

misstenacity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misstenacity

FYI, I wear the original model only, and I have to wiggle my toes into the slots because they are usually hard to separate.
So... when I tried to put on the Bikilas or any other model where the "shoe" comes up the forefoot most of the way, I simply couldn't get them on. I couldn't make my toes spread out without using my hands, so I couldn't get these models on.

Just FWIW in case you have the same "smooshy toe" problem I do.

changanghua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages changanghua

I love these shoes!!! I have worn vibrams for about 5 years now and wont buy anything else. I work doing physical labor and these keep my feet, knees and back from hurting. The best thing about them is i can wear them everyday and they still last for more than a year. I still wear the first pair i bought almost 5 years ago.

porsche212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages porsche212
changanghua wrote:I love these shoes!!! I have worn vibrams for about 5 years now and wont buy anything else. I work doing physical labor and these keep my feet, knees and back from hurting. The best thing about them is i can wear them everyday and they still last for more than a year. I still wear the first pair i bought almost 5 years ago.

porsche212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages porsche212

good deal!

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader

Vibram makes some of the best quality shoes and soles I have ever used. I currently wear a pair of Merrell Trail Gloves and they have a Vibram sole. Amazing durability. I've easily put around 300 miles on them and they show very minimal signs of wear, and that's running on pavement, forest trails, treadmills...
My favorite two things about them is their light weight and the way they put you in touch with your terrain. Vibrams feel amazing on your feet. (Just beware of rocky areas...)
And for $43 it's definitely worth a try if you're on the fence.
One word of advice, as with any new training method, if you're new to barefoot running ease yourself into it. You can't bust out of the gates and run 15 miles your first day. You will hurt yourself, as these shoes force you to run the the proper way (on your feet balls/toes). Heel-to-toe is a no-go. Made the mistake of underestimating the power of these shoes my first time out and could barely walk for two weeks. But once you train yourself for them you will never want to wear anything else.

elowantstosay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elowantstosay

I actually bought a pair of these last month, but I sadly got a size too big. I got size 38. I'm trying to sell it if anyone wasn't able to get a pair here and still wants one.

lpmeteora81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lpmeteora81
elowantstosay wrote:I actually bought a pair of these last month, but I sadly got a size too big. I got size 38. I'm trying to sell it if anyone wasn't able to get a pair here and still wants one.

men or women's and which ones?
How much? email me at thrice81@aol.com

Skanning

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Skanning

Alley Oop - not the song - the comic strip of old. No, thanks :-P

klandon61

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klandon61

Anyone know how consistent the fit is on VFF's? By that I mean for any given model, are the shoes identical in size. In some brands, find that different pairs of size ten shoes can vary in length.

I have tried on VFF's and know my size, but am leery since there are no returns.

Thanks for any advice.

johnvidulich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnvidulich
matate99 wrote:Come on woot. Help out us guys with Sasquatch feet and at least go up to Continental 48 (us 14)

I KNOW Sasquatch needs these too!

Size 13+!

vballhjs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vballhjs

I have noticed a slight difference in fit between the vffs that have the velcro closure and the ones that have the lacing systems (which i prefer)... I had the original KSOs and now have a pair of the bikala LS's and I love them both but the bikalas feel like they fit much better...

one other thing for people considering these... make sure you take the time to break into them... you need to build up the muscles in your calves and shins unless you are used to walking around barefoot there will be an adjustment period... most people are used to walking around in shows with a lot more of a heel/sole...

klandon61 wrote:Anyone know how consistent the fit is on VFF's? By that I mean for any given model, are the shoes identical in size. In some brands, find that different pairs of size ten shoes can vary in length.

I have tried on VFF's and know my size, but am leery since there are no returns.

Thanks for any advice.

Elara

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Elara
klandon61 wrote:Anyone know how consistent the fit is on VFF's? By that I mean for any given model, are the shoes identical in size. In some brands, find that different pairs of size ten shoes can vary in length.

Thanks for any advice.

Make sure you use the Vibram sizing guide. You won't necessarily wear the same size across the board with these. For example, I wear a 37 in the original fivefingers but I'd wear a 36 in these. Also, I can't stress enough that if you're in between their sizes based on their measurements, size UP. These are just fine if they're a tad big, but miserable if they are too small.

I love my fivefingers. I'm up to 3 pairs of them now, and I've been looking to get a pair of the treksport. I'm just debating whether I like the blue or not right now.

radrdff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radrdff

How do they feel around your toes? I *hate* toe socks because I always end up with cold and numb toes. Are these at all similar to toe socks?

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim
skispeakeasy wrote:Check with your gym before you buy. There are stories littering the web about some gyms banning Vibrams.

I have used these at the gym before and I'd say they are more safe for lifting, especially when doing a squat.

I've been using VFFs exclusively for Gym workouts for more than a year: they are great for it. I had been having a really hard time with plantar faschiitis in one foot: it has seemed to resolve itself shortly after I started using these (note: not necessarily an endorement for this use: beware of post hoc ergo propter hoc thinking.

I haven't had any pushback from the gym on this. There is a very nice letter I found on the gym issue on the web to be sent to the manager of a place that disallows VFFs. The main arguement (and one that I strongly agree with) is this: regular running/workout shoes provide marginal to no improvement in protecting the foot from a dropped object, as compared to VFFs. If one is really concerned about dropped weights, then the gym would have to require steel/plastic toed boots that conform to the ANSI standard for crush resistance. Since they don't, it is kind of stupid to say that your running shoes (with a few mm of nylon and a little bit of leather at the toes) will protect your feet from a dropped weight while a VFF will not.

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

I bought a pair a few years ago because I thought they were neat looking.

I wore them four or five times before donating them to the Salvation Army.

Everyone's toes are shaped differently and unless yours are an exact match to the shoe, you will not like how they feel. My big toe was too big and my little toe was too small. Made the whole walking experience weird.

I decided to just make them a water shoe for when I went to the beach but the design isn't tight and I got a bunch of sand in them when I walked on the beach.

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner

This is mostly for curiosity, as I am no longer a runner… but since you don't wear socks with these, how do you people deal with what must be inevitable foot odor issues?

tenshineko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenshineko
haydesigner wrote:This is mostly for curiosity, as I am no longer a runner… but since you don't wear socks with these, how do you people deal with what must be inevitable foot odor issues?

Well, they are machine washable, so that's one way to take care of it. I actually do wear socks with mine, because I find they're slightly more comfortable. There are a couple of brands of toe socks out there, but Injinji happens to be the one I like best.

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader
haydesigner wrote:This is mostly for curiosity, as I am no longer a runner… but since you don't wear socks with these, how do you people deal with what must be inevitable foot odor issues?

Usually these barefoot-type shoes have antibacterial/mold-resistant insoles, which is awesome. And they're totally machine-washable.

brianholdt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianholdt

Hey fellow big-foots, I wear a 13W in most shoes and find the 46 VFFs to be a great fit. Probably worth trying some on locally because fit is trickier than a typical shoe, but I'd think that the 47 VFFs should be fine for the 14ers out there...

harlo64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harlo64

I am usually a nine what size would I be please

Tengis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tengis

I missed the Vibram deal again! If anyone wants to sell me their size 45 KMD Sports then let me know. Cant afford a full price pair on a military salary... lol.

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble

Before buying these I would go to an athletic shoe store that sells these shoes with associates that will do proper foot testing. Or talk with your podiatrist. These shoes are NOT for everyone.

I bought a pair of these and did what was recommended to get used to them which is walk around barefoot for a few weeks before exercising with them. Within a few months I had horrible shin splints and my feet would cramp after each workout. I couldn't figure out what was going on and for some reason never suspected these shoes. I wanted another pair for outdoor walking, so I went to a shoe store that has you walk over an electronic mat and the store analyzes your foot and how you walk. The associate talked me into it and the way I walk means I need extra support on the inside of my feet which minimalist shoes do not give at all. I switched to a shoe with lots of inside support and my shin splints were gone within a week or so and I have never had them since.

Lots of people have luck with them though and Vibram is probably the best brand out there. They didn't work for me and about five other people I know though.

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

BarbarianDiva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BarbarianDiva

Oh, the suspense! Two hours left on this offer, and I'm the high bidder on a pair on Ebay with 4 hours left. I went for these, because I totally lurve Woot.
If I grabbed the last size 42, there's a pair on Ebay I can direct you to...

tmfrizzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmfrizzell

Got mine on Wednesday. Love them.

That is all.

dankie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dankie

I got my pair today and tried them on and unfortunately they are a tight fit. I followed the fitting guide to a tee but it seems I should of gotten a size bigger. Thinking if I should sell them online or return to get the correct size

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

I got mine today too, same situation where I thought I measured correctly but should have gotten a size or so up.

dehakal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dehakal

Finally received my Five Fingers, opened the box and found a pair of Bikilas instead of the Komodo Sports. Box clearly says Bikila but had a barcode label with the Komodo Sport barcode on it. Hopefully can get an exchange as I already have 2 pair of Bikila.

JasonBird33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JasonBird33
dehakal wrote:Finally received my Five Fingers, opened the box and found a pair of Bikilas instead of the Komodo Sports. Box clearly says Bikila but had a barcode label with the Komodo Sport barcode on it. Hopefully can get an exchange as I already have 2 pair of Bikila.

Same thing here. Except, support says they don't have any more of the ones I actually ordered. I guess I shouldn't have spent all week bragging about the deal I got.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dehakal wrote:Finally received my Five Fingers, opened the box and found a pair of Bikilas instead of the Komodo Sports. Box clearly says Bikila but had a barcode label with the Komodo Sport barcode on it. Hopefully can get an exchange as I already have 2 pair of Bikila.

Yeah, that's a bit messed up, sorry! Hopefully you've contacted Vibram to get the right item, or support@woot.com

I'm just hanging out, really.

romanpostle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages romanpostle

Did anybody buy a pair of size 44 yellow/black/silver/grey Vibram KomodoSports and realize they need a 45? I have a 45 and realized I need a 44. They've not been worn except to try them on. Message me if you want to trade...