WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mountainsmith Outdoor Camera Cases

When you go hiking, what do you wear? A tie? Some khakis? Boat shoes? NO WAY! You wear special hiking gear. And your camera should too. Don't just put it in its normal old case. Get one of these outdoor camera cases from Mountainsmith.
Mountainsmith official site

Quality Posts

• (8:17 AM, 1/27/2013) cengland0 shares some pretty awesome photo shots...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's your favorite outdoor picture you've taken? (And any reviews on these?)

I'm just hanging out, really.

wootod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootod

picked up the XLarge size (seems to be out of production) several years ago @REI for a gps. lots of padding all around, so much so that i don't worry about it being dropped.

cole103

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cole103

A picture of the Grand Canyon after a 12 inch March snow from Yaki Point. Took it 40 years ago and it's still my favorite.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

I have the blue case, and have been very pleased with it. It fits my Canon 1200 point and shoot and there's a nice little padded pocket on the inside which fits 2 extra AA batteries or a spare memory card (or both if you're careful.)

I also really like that it's made of recycled plastics, but it has been incredibly durable.

Most of the time I flip the cover back behind and tuck it underneath the velcro flaps to keep it out of the way. Having the flap does make the case bulkier than otherwise, but good for keeping light rain off the zipper or to secure the camera a little extra. When I use the flap, I don't usually zip the case.

The back velcro flaps are neat in that I can attach the case to my backpack straps. Very secure attachment, no wimpy velcro or flaps here, it's heavy duty.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

(Just read the "Features" tab - you could fit two smartphones in this thing. Really. It would be just a little too sloshy for me to put my iphone in, personally. Though if you need a case to conveniently and securely attach it to your backpack or something, this would fit the bill, since it would NOT come off easily. Just keep it zipped up.)

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

Waaa, I need a camera case but these are too small. I will continue to wait patiently.

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0
inkycatz wrote:What's your favorite outdoor picture you've taken? (And any reviews on these?)

I take a bunch of outdoor pictures -- that's my hobby. Can't just pick one best one but here's a sample:

markmc27

quality posts: 6 Private Messages markmc27

I am a photographer great work,they are beautiful.

cengland0 wrote:I take a bunch of outdoor pictures -- that's my hobby. Can't just pick one best one but here's a sample:

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0
markmc27 wrote:I am a photographer great work,they are beautiful.

Thank you. I suppose since I took these photos, I am technically a photographer too. I just don't get paid for it.

I use professional equipment though. I'm using my new Canon 1Dx (previously used the Canon 1D mark II) and a 300mm 2.8 IIS lens with the 1.4x multipler when taking pictures of these birds.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

Gorgeous pics cengland0!

October, just after a bunny lunch:

Sunday:

Both taken with a Sony Cybershot HX30V.

Thinking about picking up one of these cases; I have quite a few cameras. Going to have to search for a photo showing a camera beside or sticking out of it, to get an idea of which camera I'd be able to use this for (obviously not the monster Olympus w/lenses!)...

EDIT: size=extra small. Might be good for the pocket cams, but case overall looks a bit bulky if I want to throw it in my purse. Have to think about this one.