1%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

kitcatbrat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages kitcatbrat

I prefer science-officer blue, thank you.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

Look!! It's the R O Y G B I V of womans sportswear!!

jensownzoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jensownzoo
kitcatbrat wrote:I prefer science-officer blue, thank you.

+1

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

Oh good, I wasn't the only one who saw this and thought of star trek!

orangepaisley1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orangepaisley1

she comes in colors everywhere

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
tsukitensh wrote:Oh good, I wasn't the only one who saw this and thought of star trek!

I was actually let down. I thought they were selling Star Trek style active wear until I looked closer and saw the decals are missing.

I suppose a little stitching or embroidery would work wonders on these.

bcfinlay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bcfinlay

I'm a bit disappointed in what I consider to be small sizing. In my world, an XL is usually 16. I don't even expect a W to be behind that 16. Or is that for pants only?

Guess I need to be more active before I'm ready for these.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

The photos on woot make it look like there is a lighter colored band around the bottom, making this shirt two toned. Not sure if these are the same shirts we're seeing on the Fila website, but on the website it looks likemthese shirts are one solid color. So, do these shirts have two colors on them or is that just some type of false advertising? My wife would like them to be two tone, like in the Woot photos.

Edit: ok, after looking at the first page, it looks like they're one solid color.

Next question...where's the size 8 equivalent? (see sizing chart)

[MOD: Size Chart is fixed.]

Soapie0

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Soapie0

As you long as you don't get the (dum-dum-dum) RED shirt!!!

Misty Walker

xmasangel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xmasangel

Just wanted to confirm that these are moisture wicking tops.... Also does it have any sort of uv rating? Thanks

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DaZoneRanger wrote:The photos on woot make it look like there is a lighter colored band around the bottom, making this shirt two toned. Not sure if these are the same shirts we're seeing on the Fila website, but on the website it looks likemthese shirts are one solid color. So, do these shirts have two colors on them or is that just some type of false advertising? My wife would like them to be two tone, like in the Woot photos.

Edit: ok, after looking at the first page, it looks like they're one solid color.

Next question...where's the size 8 equivalent? (see sizing chart)

Medium is the 8. It's a typo in the chart. Should be fixed soon.

Here's the Fila page with the Size Guide link.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

gertiestn

quality posts: 57 Private Messages gertiestn

Anyone who seriously maintains that a Woman's Top Size 14 is Extra Large is seriously deluded. Possibly denuded, decidedly deluded.

Suggestion: Offer women's clothing that will accommodate adult human forms.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

How long are these shirts? I'm awkwardly tall (6'1") and don't necessarily need more belly shirts.

vatkd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vatkd

Do I have to order all the same? Or can I order different sizes/colors? Never ordered a woot something with choices before.

kellykeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellykeck

Gorgeous tops, great deal, just wish they came in plus sizes.

moser7lmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moser7lmi
xmasangel wrote:Just wanted to confirm that these are moisture wicking tops.... Also does it have any sort of uv rating? Thanks

I really doubt that a shirt that is polyester and spandex could be moisture wicking.

ThunderThighs

Staff

vatkd wrote:Do I have to order all the same? Or can I order different sizes/colors? Never ordered a woot something with choices before.

Choose the quantity first. You'll then be given dropdown boxes to choose the style/color/size for each.

Enjoy!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

FredWallace18

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FredWallace18

My morning:
{checks woot at 8:18am}
{sees Trek shirts}
{knows before looking was beaten to punch 18 times already}

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
xmasangel wrote:Just wanted to confirm that these are moisture wicking tops.... Also does it have any sort of uv rating? Thanks

Fila's website (see link that thunderthighs posted) says that the shirts are "Designed with Yoga athletes in mind". That suggests to me that they're form fitting and not UV protecting and probably not moisture wicking.

Still, they look like nice shirts, and the price is good.

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder

There seem to be a lot of grumpy overweight women posting today...

Reality check, size 14-16 is BIG...yes, XL big.

Buy some of these and hit the gym already.

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

Yes, they're moisture wicking.

Typically, a shirt has to have a UV rating greater than 25+ to warrant a call out. These do not. The vast majority of shirts in the market have a natural UV rating of 15+ because of the layer of fabric. These would fall in that category.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
newfiepage wrote:Yes, they're moisture wicking.

Typically, a shirt has to have a UV rating greater than 25+ to warrant a call out. These do not. The vast majority of shirts in the market have a natural UV rating of 15+ because of the layer of fabric. These would fall in that category.

Oh good. Happy to hear that and I stand corrected. Fila really should advertise that since not seeing "moisture wicking" on their website almost made me not buy the shirts.

I just bought 3. The small size is selling fast and there are only a few colors left in the v-neck. If you're on the fence on these, buy quick.

NinetyWt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NinetyWt
wootmeharder wrote:There seem to be a lot of grumpy overweight women posting today...

Geez who died and left you the Size Monitor™ ? I especially like the last sentence which supposes that everyone has access/funds/time for gym.

mflatau

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mflatau

You all convinced me. In for 3. Great price for a t-shirt!

jjbirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjbirt

I feel "hit the gym" refers to go for a walk, go for a jog, go for a run, do some push-ups, sit-ups...basically just be active in some way. I don't know anyone who can't find 30 minutes three times a week to "be active". Have family?? Get everyone involved!!

Buying three for my significant other...

kmartind

quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind
NinetyWt wrote:Geez who died and left you the Size Monitor™ ? I especially like the last sentence which supposes that everyone has access/funds/time for gym.

While the comment you're responding to is kind of rude, I assume it was largely in response to the assertion that a size 14 can't be expected to fit "adult human forms" which is also perhaps a little over the top in the other direction. The size range here can obviously fit tens of millions of U.S. adult women; almost certainly a good majority.

I think the bottom line is Fila chooses their target markets. If they don't want to earn any of their profit from the larger crowd then that's their prerogative. Plenty of other companies are happy to sell to larger customers, and often at as-good-or-better prices. I'd imagine the same could be said for other special sizes including petite, tall, etc.

Also, be careful you're not comparing apples to pears. A "size 14" isn't always a "size 14"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_standard_clothing_size

Edit: And to elaborate on just how far things have drifted from the standard sizes these days, consider the following.
A "standard" misses size 14 would be 35 - 27.5 - 38.5. Now look at the size chart for this Woot! and you'll notice their XL/14 is listed as 42 - 35 - 45. On the old standard chart, the XL here would probably be considered a Women's size 38-40.

In short, clothing sizes, especially misses/women's catalog sizes are completely screwed up beyond any hope at this point. There's little use in even looking at the size number anymore. Just check the measurements (and hope they don't fudge on those too).

See also: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/business/25sizing.html?_r=2&

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
wootmeharder wrote:There seem to be a lot of grumpy overweight women posting today...

I would, but they don't carry my size... which is the problem.
That's okay, I'll just hit the gym in my Danskin activewear. They get that big girls move too.

vatkd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vatkd
ThunderThighs wrote:Choose the quantity first. You'll then be given dropdown boxes to choose the style/color/size for each.

Enjoy!

Thanks! In for 3.

codybodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codybodd
lstaff wrote:Look!! It's the R O Y G B I V of womans sportswear!!

Looks like that SCUBA certification paid off!

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
thumperchick wrote:I would, but they don't carry my size... which is the problem.
That's okay, I'll just hit the gym in my Danskin activewear. They get that big girls move too.

Exactly this! These wouldn't fit me even when I was doing sprint distance triathlons (among them the Danskin Triathlon in Austin), 5-10Ks, and kickboxing. I was a size 18 then. Unfortunatley, I've gained weight and lost that fitness level since I had my son. I'm looking for motivation and gear to get back to where I was as a plus-size athelete.

kathtibs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathtibs

-Extremely rude, and doesn't help anyone in choosing the right size.

-And yes, I'm sure many overweight women are looking at these shirts, because it is an inexpensive opportunity to invest in something that can benefit their fitness. Get off your high horse.

-RE:sizing. I have purchased things from Fila, and they do tend to run smaller than say places like Old Navy. Their sizes cater to the fit population. If you are a 16 top at say Talbots, this shirt may be a little tight/short.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
lnjelinek wrote:How long are these shirts? I'm awkwardly tall (6'1") and don't necessarily need more belly shirts.

Yes, this. Well I'm not tall, I just like my shirts long. Can Mr. Woot help with this information?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, let's be nice to each other and not get personal in your comments.

Keep your snarky comments pointed where they belong - at us... or maybe FILA in this case.

THANK YOU!

FORUM MODERATOR

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Soooooo glad to see women's active wear!! Wish I hadn't bought anything during the Woot!Off so I had the money to buy at least one!!!

Hey Woot!,
Please sell more women's active wear! I'd love to see some workout/yoga/active wear pants, kapris, or shorts! Don't forget about the petite/short women please! I beg you please, please, please sell women's active wear bottoms!
Thanks!

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

k4th3r1n3 wrote:Yes, this. Well I'm not tall, I just like my shirts long. Can Mr. Woot help with this information?

These are not designed longer than a normal active tee. If you want/need longer I'd hold off or consider a larger size. Your call.