WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Will the Lakers make it to the playoffs?
  • 5.9% - Yes 119
  • 29.5% - No 594
  • 64.6% - I don’t follow basketball. 1302
2015 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

If there is any justice in this world, then, HELL NO!

hooray beer!

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

The responses left one out: "playoffs?"

morrice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morrice

Let's get real, the Lakers season was over before it started
They tried to piggy back off the Heat getting all star players. But there is no chemistry period.
The Pittsburgh Penguins will make the NBA Play offs before the Lakers this year and they are a hockey team! Terrible!!!

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Question was just mean.

euphya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages euphya
morrice wrote:Let's get real, the Lakers season was over before it started
They tried to piggy back off the Heat getting all star players. But there is no chemistry period.
The Pittsburgh Penguins will make the NBA Play offs before the Lakers this year and they are a hockey team! Terrible!!!

I find it funny I had never heard of the penguins before this and yet I knew they were a hockey team :D

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
morrice wrote:Let's get real, the Lakers season was over before it started

Right, you want to re-think that statement? The Lakers have almost always had a star-studded offensive threat, save for a couple of off years when they only had Kobe Bryant. I say "only" derisively, by the way. The Spurs have had, arguably, the three best players in their position in the League for the past 10 years. The Lakers tried doing the same and they lost to a balanced Detroit team. The next team to do it was the Celtics, who got a Championship out of it.

The Lakers past two championships have relied on height, which they have in spades. Up until D'Antoni, who favors smaller squads, arrived the Lakers were probably going to be fine. I guarantee if they switched back to the Triangle with either Phil Jackson or Brian Shaw coaching and played Dwight and Pau together, they would leading the West.

Being an actual Laker fan, I can admit that no, they won't make it to the playoffs.

osprey0112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osprey0112

MIAMI HEAT!!!!!!!!!

larsont7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages larsont7

If we're talking L.A., we should be talking about the Clippers, a team that might actually get win the Western Conference this year.

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can never please a Wooter during a Woot-off.

mudman2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mudman2007

the lakers suck as bad as cali wine :D