WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Golf, Amirite?!

Have you ever heard of the sport, "golf"? Well, it's this fun and exciting... Oh wait, you have? Oh... so, umm... Okay. Umm... I guess we could... no... Look, we'll be honest: we were hoping you hadn't ever heard of golf so that we could pitch it as a brand new sport we invented. Since you have, though, we really don't have much to say except, "buy."

Quality Posts

• (10:31 AM, 1/21/2013) pausingnomad has good words for the Spackler.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose." -Winston Churchill
I'm just hanging out, really.

naxtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naxtor
inkycatz wrote:

Winston Churchill was truly a brilliant man but I must question the intelligence of a quote involving putting a ball into a hole that is indicated to be smaller than the ball itself.

pausingnomad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pausingnomad

I got the spackler golf bag on a previous woot event (though the price is slightly better now), and it's been great. Well made, great zippers, plenty of storage.

GauravD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GauravD
pausingnomad wrote:I got the spackler golf bag on a previous woot event (though the price is slightly better now), and it's been great. Well made, great zippers, plenty of storage.

What's the name/model number of this OGIO bag?

jwett9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwett9
pausingnomad wrote:I got the spackler golf bag on a previous woot event (though the price is slightly better now), and it's been great. Well made, great zippers, plenty of storage.

I also got this bag:
https://sport.woot.com/offers/ogio-spackler-stand-golf-bag-8
the red one.

Construction is great, good materials, light, looks like it will last a while. The 8-way top is nice, but a little odd. A column of 4 single channel holes for 1 club. Then a second larger column of 4 long holes for 3+ clubs each, sorta. Not the best design, but it will do.

just bought the crush golf balls, we'll see how they turn out.

nmchapma

quality posts: 20 Private Messages nmchapma
naxtor wrote:Winston Churchill was truly a brilliant man but I must question the intelligence of a quote involving putting a ball into a hole that is indicated to be smaller than the ball itself.

I do not beleive these words mean to say that the size of the hole is, in actuality, smaller than the ball itself, but instead means to convey the seemingly impossible task of accurately placing any size ball into such a small hole. As small as the ball is, it is indeed the size of the hole that causes the concern when one seeks to undertake the monstrous task of placing the ball in the hole from such an extraordinary distance using such ill-concieved paraphernalia.

Gingaskunk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gingaskunk

I bought this exact bag from Woot last time around for about $55 a love it. It holds everything, is light and the stand is sturdy enough that I don't feel like I have to be gentle with it. At $35 plus shipping it is a steal.

GauravD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GauravD
Gingaskunk wrote:I bought this exact bag from Woot last time around for about $55 a love it. It holds everything, is light and the stand is sturdy enough that I don't feel like I have to be gentle with it. At $35 plus shipping it is a steal.

Do you happen to know what the name of the bag is?

sparkymcmuffin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparkymcmuffin

I also got the Spackler, and I'm not crazy about it. It is well made, but there are a couple of design oddities. The 'cooler pocket' is where a ball pocket would normally be, and it has a single zipper which starts and ends at the base off the pocket. The result is when I unzip, my balls fall out. Oooer missus!

Seriously, a double zipper so you could open from the top would be much better. My other beef is that it really does not fit well on a pull cart. The stand works great though.

At this price, I think I'll try my luck with the other Ogio bag.

Gingaskunk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gingaskunk
GauravD wrote:What's the name/model number of this OGIO bag?

It is the Helios Bag. Here is the link from the last time it was on WOOT!

http://www.woot.com/offers/ogio-helios-stand-golf-bag

togamoos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages togamoos
inkycatz wrote:"Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose." -Winston Churchill

Actually, it's very unlikely that Churchill was the source of this quote, despite the fact that it is so often attributed to him.

The more you know!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

togamoos wrote:Actually, it's very unlikely that Churchill was the source of this quote, despite the fact that it is so often attributed to him.

The more you know!

Cool. I actually googled around quite a few places to see if this was an actual quote. Missed that site. Thanks!