WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

In this special campfire cooking edition of our widely-loved "Happy Snacking" series, Sport.Woot's team of camp gear testers shows you there's more to camp food than just scorched weenies with bits of ash on them because they fell in the fire.

skrwd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skrwd

Pretty neat idea

jnelson203

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jnelson203

We've been doing this type of thing for years. We just bake chopped potatoes and onions.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

The pouch actually turned out to be surprisingly tasty, but the smell of burnt gummiworm will forever make me ill.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

flyinggirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyinggirl

That sausage pouch looked good. I'm surprised there wasn't a sugar induced coma from the dessert pouch though.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

In boy scouts, we called these meals (minus the rye whiskey) "foil packs". Ground beef (or chicken) , chopped potatoes, onions, and/or carrots and you had a very tasty meal.

You always have some kid with the bright idea of adding whatever candy he has stashed away.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

HomerTime wrote:In boy scouts, we called these meals (minus the rye whiskey) "foil packs". Ground beef (or chicken) , chopped potatoes, onions, and/or carrots and you had a very tasty meal.

You always have some kid with the bright idea of adding whatever candy he has stashed away.

sounds about right.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

scapsinger

quality posts: 21 Private Messages scapsinger

We called them "silver turtles" in scouts, and we usually had some kind of steak or chicken with potatoes/carrots/onions/etc. Always pretty good, I've even done it a few times in more recent years.

And I'm pretty sure our scoutmaster kept all the whiskey for himself. Something about "scout's honor" or whatever.