WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

5-Hour Energy 12-Packs

Mmmmmm, energy. Everyone needs energy, right? And energy in "delicious" berry flavors? I DEFY YOU TO FIND A BETTER SOURCE OF ENERGY!
5-Hour Energy official site



Quality Posts


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

5-hour energy won't get you through the whole 8hr work day - but what will it get you through?

I'm just hanging out, really.

tkrueger15


quality posts: 2 Private Messages tkrueger15

Will these Energy packs get me through my marriage?

hazardman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hazardman
inkycatz wrote:5-hour energy won't get you through the whole 8hr work day - but what will it get you through?



1 3/5 of 5-Hour Energy...

N8Ball


quality posts: 0 Private Messages N8Ball

You can get a 24 pack at SamsClub for $37

5-Hour Energy @ Sams Club

jaws8817


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaws8817

Cheaper at a certain big box retailer...

Dadoboy


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Dadoboy

Cheaper at the mothership

http://www.amazon.com/Hour-Energy-Strength-Flavored-1-93-Ounce/dp/B003QNJYXM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358445207&sr=8-3&keywords=5+hour+energy

sayruh62


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sayruh62

Cheaper on Amazon (shipped)

Also, cheaper "List price" there...
Hmmmmmmm

Extra Strength
http://amzn.com/B003QNJYXM

Berry
http://amzn.com/B0029ZAOW8

PHOLAN


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PHOLAN

Really Woot? We are now selling a product that had been proven to increase the risk of heart attacks by a substantial margin?

dewahba


quality posts: 5 Private Messages dewahba

yes they are........"Blood pressure goes up. Heart rate goes up and then they'll start to feel the effects," Taylor said. "Heart racing, heart skipping, panic-attack symptoms. Irregular heart symptoms and worse." then you crash real hard. as to the other post - yes it will help with your marriage, it'll kill you before your spouse will.

GoingPostal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoingPostal

I buy the 24 pack at Sam's Club every 2 weeks for 36 bucks. This is no bargain at all.

Misterphatty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Misterphatty

20,000 emergency room visits related to energy drinks last year in the US!

Great choice!

Jimbohlia


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jimbohlia

holy crap this "deal" sucks. after shipping they are cheaper at a gas station

Alfredenigma


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma

Why are all the health police on here not wasting most of there time making comments on wine.woot since alcohol causes way more issues then energy drinks. You can take my caffeine when you pry it from my jittery niacin flushed hands!

noop

GGA1759


quality posts: 3 Private Messages GGA1759

Source? This is known to be unproven.

Misterphatty wrote:20,000 emergency room visits related to energy drinks last year in the US!

Great choice!



jvanberkom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvanberkom

Walmart has it for $18 for 10. http://www.walmart.com/ip/5-Hour-Energy-Berry-Dietary-Supplement-Value-Pack-10ct/16627581

Not as good as Sam's club price, but better than the Woot price

ugrasse2


quality posts: 6 Private Messages ugrasse2

Woot's trying to kill of their last few customers:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/addiction/energy-drink-related-er-visits-doubled-9380.aspx

ebam


quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

I'm a big fan of 5-hour energy and use it when I have little to no sleep and need to power through deliverables.

But know where it truly shines?

On a 20 hour move when you're driving a 28-ft long truck trailing an SUV from Denver to San Diego in high winds and no one with you but 2 dogs in the truck cab who are freaked out. I could not have done it without the added b-vit boost.

Why DO they rent those things to just anyone anyway? I sure shouldn't have been driving it!

dirtylittlefly


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dirtylittlefly

5 hr energy is not your typical energy drink. The active ingredients include caffeine (as much as a cup of coffee), taurine (an amino acid), and B vitamins. Granted, the B vitamins are high levels and no research has been done to show the effects of this- but plenty of B supplements and Vit C supplements and "natural" cold remedies have high does of vitamins as well.

This product works great for me. Coffee gives me the jitters and stomach upset. I work as an RN and this helps me get through the entire 12 hours, half at the start of the shift and half in the middle of the shift. Sometimes I'll make it last 2 days by only drinking some at the halfway point. Way cheaper than a Starbucks addiction. And better yet- I don't feel bad or even that I have a ton of energy. I just don't feel tired. Nice.

More info on taurine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurine

Symbolic2007


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007
Alfredenigma wrote:Why are all the health police on here not wasting most of there time making comments on wine.woot since alcohol causes way more issues then energy drinks. You can take my caffeine when you pry it from my jittery niacin flushed hands!



I'm kinda one of the annoying health police myself, but this comment is amazing, I enjoy an energy drink every now and then anyway.

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

brandie346


quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346

I was in for two and now I regret it, reading some of the links to better deals. To be able to order it cheaper on Amazon? I feel like a sucker. This will definitely affect my future purchases.

I'm so very disappointed in Woot. This used to be such a great site. Now I can't trust it at all.

Wait... what?

jaws8817


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaws8817
brandie346 wrote:I was in for two and now I regret it, reading some of the links to better deals. To be able to order it cheaper on Amazon? I feel like a sucker. This will definitely affect my future purchases.

I'm so very disappointed in Woot. This used to be such a great site. Now I can't trust it at all.



So you have buyers remorse because you lack the wherewithal to shop around and rely on others to post links? A few dollars is a small price to pay for being lazy.

brandie346


quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346
jaws8817 wrote:So you have buyers remorse because you lack the wherewithal to shop around and rely on others to post links? A few dollars is a small price to pay for being lazy.



Yes, I have buyers remorse. And I also feel sad that such a great site has changed so much. But thanks for the personal attack, that was really fun.

Wait... what?

colbytitus


quality posts: 4 Private Messages colbytitus

There are off-brands with identical ingredients out there for <$1 ea at Walmart, $1 stores etc.

xdavex


quality posts: 15 Private Messages xdavex
PHOLAN wrote:Really Woot? We are now selling a product that had been proven to increase the risk of heart attacks by a substantial margin?



And airsoft guns Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!!!! And electric bikes so you don't have to exercise so much and increase your risk of...
Also wine and wine glasses to drink said wine, nevermind salt and chocolate and other distracting gadgets - when will it ever end?

bnedella


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bnedella
xdavex wrote:And airsoft guns Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!!!! And electric bikes so you do't have to exercise so much and increase your risk of...
Also wine and wine glasses to drink said wine, nevermind salt and chocolate and other distracting gadgets - when will it ever end?



And dont forget the plethora of bacon products. Whoever thought Woot! screens their items from a health/safety standpoint, has not been through many WootOffs.

The Big o' Cosmos is my white-whale. So little sleep, so much disappointment.

needa


quality posts: 2 Private Messages needa
ebam wrote:I'm a big fan of 5-hour energy and use it when I have little to no sleep and need to power through deliverables.

But know where it truly shines?

On a 20 hour move when you're driving a 28-ft long truck trailing an SUV from Denver to San Diego in high winds and no one with you but 2 dogs in the truck cab who are freaked out. I could not have done it without the added b-vit boost.

Why DO they rent those things to just anyone anyway? I sure shouldn't have been driving it!



yeppers. i went round trip from nashville to seattle on a dozen of these things with seven hours sleep. no ill effects whatsoever.

it should be noted. in order for these things to work fully... you HAVE TO EAT FOOD. the vitamin b metabolizes with food. without food... vit b will not help ya.


Kanabis


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis

Woot is indeed a shadow of its former self. Rarely has good stuff anymore. Every major e-tailer has a daily deal. With all the sections and each with multiple items in each its no different than anyone else.
As far as this product: its like crack in a can

skrutinizr


quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

The "energy drinks" that are killing people are the ones with crazy amounts of caffeine and sugar in them.
Mostly how this one works is massive amounts of vitamin b6 and b12.

mamawoot


quality posts: 7 Private Messages mamawoot



it should be noted. in order for these things to work fully... you HAVE TO EAT FOOD. the vitamin b metabolizes with food. without food... vit b will not help ya.[/quote]

I learned something new and valuable today!

Thanks!

jaws8817


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaws8817
brandie346 wrote:Yes, I have buyers remorse. And I also feel sad that such a great site has changed so much. But thanks for the personal attack, that was really fun.



Tissue?

ckeilah


quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Drink 'em like they're Dr Pepper:
one at 10, 2, and 4 o'clock!

Then it's wine time! ;-)

Combining alcohol and stimulants is supposedly an even surer way to the ER. But what a ride!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...