WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Crapshoot Some Hoops

Man, remember the days before court grip and cooling towels? How did we ever even play basketball back then? It was so annoying to just slide frictionless across the icy-smooth court while having no way to staunch the buckets of sweat issuing from your forehead. 
Mission Athletecare official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm gonna be honest; I've never heard of this stuff. Is it suppose to help you gain traction on the court? Are you suppose to be able to grip the basketball better?
I'm just hanging out, really.

TXAG96

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TXAG96

Is the powergrip speedstick for hands? Maybe this would be useful before that next big presentation.

allenr87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages allenr87

Ok, through work I got to meet the creator of this court grip stuff and got a chance to try it out. It works and accomplishes what it sets out to do, however it does require multiple applications during the course of a game. Tons of NBA players use this stuff every game and swear by it as dust/sweat on the court is unavoidable.

The towel is freaking awesome. The cooling effect is very real and the towel itself holds TONS of moisture. I would get another if I didn't already have one in my gym bag

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

^Convinced me to get the towel. As far as the Court Grip... spit on the floor. Rub the soles of yer Converse All-Stars through it. Sticky. ;)

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

The court grip sucks. It might be good if you play in the NBA and the court is already super clean, but at the gym I play badminton at, it doesn't do much. At first, when I stand up on a fresh application, it's like, "wow, grippy!", but by the time I walk over to the court, it's already lost it's effectiveness. Yes, I've applied it multiple times before and during play and it works for about 15 seconds. I've noticed that python positrack works a bit better.

sra3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sra3000

Court Grip is not a great product. I bought 2, one for each son. They leaks ALL OVER the !#*+%~ place. It ruined a bball bag and a shirt!
It wears of very fast, don't waste your money.

weycool3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weycool3

folks, this product does NOT work! I bought 2 bottles from Foot Locker recently after reading all of the accolades on their site about this product. It is messy, it lasts for only 1 minute or less. Fortunately, I was able to get a refund.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
sra3000 wrote:Court Grip is not a great product. I bought 2, one for each son. They leaks ALL OVER the !#*+%~ place. It ruined a bball bag and a shirt!
It wears of very fast, don't waste your money.

I better take that bottle out of my badminton bag, then! Unfortunately, I bought three of them. I guess the other two will have to go to ebay. Python Positrack anti-slip shoe spray works way better, and even that's not terrific, but definitely better.

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn

Just got my cooling towel & this thing is faaaaaaaaaaaabulous. Obviously, no idea how long this thing works or how it holds up over time, but for those of us who sweat even when it's freezing, this towel is amazing.