0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I am frightened to ask what people did with these things so that they needed to be refurbished.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, Wooters, let's hear from you. I know some of you have bought inversion tables from Teeter. I'm thinking about it.

Share your experiences.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

shahnm

quality posts: 27 Private Messages shahnm

A quick search (amazon) reveals several cheaper inversion tables, though made by more "bargain" companies. It seems that Teeter is a well known brand, but does anyone who has this know what sets it apart compared with cheaper tables?

sdgs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sdgs

My brother had debilitating back pain for years. Chiropractors and physical therapists were no help (unless lightening his wallet counts) and surgery was too risky.

An inversion table worked like magic for him. He swears by them and says Teeter is the brand to get.

Am I in for one? I'll sleep on it.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

Wondering what went wrong with these tables that requires them to be refurbished makes me chuckle. It also makes me search youtube for videos of these things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJtA3JE2g3s

FyrFytr44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FyrFytr44

I with thunder on this one...have seen these a few times on woot and wonder who has used them and what they think of them.

Thanks to Google searches it seems as though Teeter is the trusted brand when it comes to these things, and if I am hanging upside down I want a little trust there.

Had back pain for years, getting close to pulling the trigger on this. Will sleep on it though, these dont sell out typically

Washburn Electric Guitar, Technotunes 256MB MP3 Watch, Westinghouse Slicer Toaster, Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack, Delphi RoadyXT XM Receiver w/Car Kit, Cobra XRS9500 11 Band Radar & Laser Detector, KidSmart Vocal Smoke Detector – 2 Pack, DECO StingRay Water Scooter
Still no Blogging Old CEO :-(

iissurf

quality posts: 26 Private Messages iissurf

At Costco tonight I saw a Teeter inversion table that I seriously contemplated buying.

It was the one with the moulded plastic table and was $250.00

I really wish the offering would have been the special edition table again as I missed out on it the last two times it's been offered on Woot.

As for this one, I think I'll pass. The price is good, but the features aren't there.

fjp999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999
gravityisweak wrote:Wondering what went wrong with these tables that requires them to be refurbished makes me chuckle. It also makes me search youtube for videos of these things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJtA3JE2g3s

Really wondering the same thing about the "refurbished" thing too.

Edinboro79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Edinboro79

I bought mine at Costco in the $260 range. Teeter is the better brand & the one that I got. After 4 back surgeries you'll try anything to get rid of the pain and I have to say, depending on what type of back pain you have, it should work well for you. I would buy another Teeter in a minute, certainly at this $ too. Work so well that my buddy who has the same problem bought a Teeter too.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Great customer reviews over at Costco.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

neveraging

quality posts: 3 Private Messages neveraging

I know this is asking a lot, but can someone take me down the path of Fit-60 vs all the other models that Teeter offers? My take is they all hang you upside down, it's just a question of 1) how easily you get upside down and upright again; and 2) how comfortable your pads are
Is there more to consider?

GH

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 4 Private Messages prissyrabbit

I bought this one when woot had it:
http://sport.woot.com/offers/teeter-hang-ups-inversion-table

I love it! The only issue I have is where to store it. This was my comment that I posted when I got mine...
"Got mine last week and just had the chance to put it together today. Easy to put together - less than an hour for me. Used it for three five minute intervals and already feel the benefits! The only drawback is where to store this thing. Other than that, I am very glad I got one! And I like how the table part is a fabric and not hard plastic. After I used it to hang, I was lying on it flat and watching TV. If you barely bend your knees or move your arms, you can make it rock, almost like a hammock. Kinda kewl!"

I still use it about 4 to 5 days a week. I stand on my feet at my job for 6 to 10 hours every day. So this is ideal for trying to undo what gravity does to my back all day. I would buy again. I am looking into the boots you can buy. Wish they would woot those! They are $99.00 regularly. Little steep for my budget right now.

Final comment... the Teeter HangUps brand is very sturdy. I have never had any concerns that it will fall over or fold up.

troublewithacapitalt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages troublewithacapitalt

[a friend owns one and I gave it a shot - incredible. I want one, but I can't afford even this low cost. Teeter does not spin or feel wobbly like other inverters I have tried. It is very sturdy and honestly, you will want to stay there all day, it feels that good!

menaparker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages menaparker

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this. I have bad vericose veins and often need to elevate my legs to reduce discomfort caused by the pooled blood. I would guess this would be a huge help. Can anyone speak on using it for circulation issues?

scottdr36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottdr36

I haven't been to a chiropractor in years since using an inversion table.

csterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csterman

I so want one of these.I have had 7 back surgeries in the 3 years. I asked my Dr. if it would be safe for me use one. He said yes if I don't mind the chance that being Inverted could pull the Titanium clip, Rod and bolts out of my Spinal Column. Than there is the possibility of Stroke...Docors sure are Kill Joys!

chococherrychip

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chococherrychip

Was seriously thinking about one of these until I saw this in the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog. For those of us with reflux, this might be the better option and the price is comparable. Plus there's a lifetime warranty.

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/81179?promo=search

stringali

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stringali

I am a retired Chiropractor and have used inversion traction since the 80's. This will do wonders for low back pain and sciatica. I bought a teeter table on a prior woot sale. The table is very sturdy, comfortable and supportive. It also provides you with control of the angle by moving your arms without the wobbling back and fourth. Great buy. Many refurbs are returned purchase. My unit looked brand new! I own the F7000

nidrah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nidrah

I have the EP-500 (refurb from here) and I'm impressed with the quality of materials these things are made with. Very solid feel, well grounded. Adjustment is a snap. Ankle brackets are very easy to use and you feel secure before you invert. Mine does not have the padded bed which would have been nice but all the rest seems to be the same save for little styling differences.
I've got lower back issues that causes pain to shoot down one leg. This has helped considerably. My wife loves it as well. Best part is it only takes about 3 to 5 mins of time, every other day (for us)to get REAL relief. Fold it up and push it out of the way when not in use.
Highly recommend!

sunson9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunson9

I have used the Teeter EP-950 model for two years and it really has helped my lower back problem.

My suggestion would be to google "inversion" and see if it's right for you. If so, ease into the length of time spent on it, starting with 2-3 minutes per session and slowly increasing to 10-15 minutes (or longer) with regular use. I use the angle strap fully extended (about a 60 degree angle), which might be a bit steep for beginners.

Overall, this is something I will use the rest of my life (I'm almost 70 now), and I believe Teeter is the best brand.

Mine cost $450 new. I love it!

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

For any big people, this table works great. It's listed at 250 lbs, but I think that's deliberately conservative. I'm 6'3", 270-275 and this table is solid as a rock for me. Very easy to invert and then bring yourself back up (although I don't go totally upside-down). I highly recommend this table.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
bolligra wrote:For any big people, this table works great. It's listed at 250 lbs, but I think that's deliberately conservative. I'm 6'3", 270-275 and this table is solid as a rock for me. Very easy to invert and then bring yourself back up (although I don't go totally upside-down). I highly recommend this table.

Additional note: When I purchased mine from Woot last year, it was refurbished like this one. When it arrived, it was the same as brand new, no scratches, no nothin'. (In fact, every single refurbished item I've purchased so far from Woot has been like brand new.)

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

louisgrady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louisgrady

[quote postid="5307414" user="gravityisweak"]Wondering what went wrong with these tables that requires them to be refurbished makes me chuckle. It also makes me search youtube for videos of these things.

I wonder also, I have an offbrand that I used for over a year, until it toppled with me on it (my fault, I didn't install boards to give it a wider base for doing upside down situps) but mine, at least, has nothing that would have to be refurbished, even from my topple, which took out my living room TV. BTW, still loved the item.

louisgrady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louisgrady
csterman wrote:I so want one of these.I have had 7 back surgeries in the 3 years. I asked my Dr. if it would be safe for me use one. He said yes if I don't mind the chance that being Inverted could pull the Titanium clip, Rod and bolts out of my Spinal Column. Than there is the possibility of Stroke...Docors sure are Kill Joys!

I think that that chance is so small that either the doctor was kidding you, or he does not know the machine. As long as you allow gravity to do the work, and not try upside down crunches, any clips or bolts that would come out or loosen would do the same from daily walking, working, or bending.

flatroader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flatroader

They usually have a 30 day in home trial and if they are returned the material may have to be changed or sanitized .... That would be my thought why they are refurbished. Once cleaned, they can't be sold as new.

kena02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kena02

Inversion harming back surgery. i.e. coming apart. Once things have healed there should be no problem at all. Healing completely may be a year or more. After surgery I was told "no traction until it heals".

I had c5-c6 fused about 10 years ago. The doctor said that is now the strongest point on the entire spine. Of course, I am not a Doctor, just a satisfied patient.

Ken Akin

mblock66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mblock66

Let me give you all my 2 cents on this one. I just got an inversion table within the last month. After reading a lot of reviews and people saying there is no need to really go with an expensive table as long as the ankle support is good, I pulled the trigger on the IRONMAN Gravity 1000 seen here

http://www.amazon.com/Ironman-Gravity-1000-Inversion-Table/dp/B000VSJH8C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1357836226&sr=8-5&keywords=inversion+table

I got it for less then the current $130 but let me tell you the thing is SOLID. I am 6'4 225 and there are no issues at all with it holding me. As for the actual act of inversion, its strange at first with the blood rushing but you get used to it. I have degenerative disc disorder in my lower back with some spinal curvature. It actually hurts for me to invert due to that one vertebra that is messed up. It sort of feels good and hurts at the same time. I haven't been consistant using it everyday like I am supposed to but when I had used it a few in a row I think it helped, just can't tell. So don't think it is going to be a miracle worker because it isn't. However my point is there is absolutely no need to go spending more then $100 for one of these. They will all do the same basic thing and the IRONMAN series is more then good enough. I am glad I didn't spend $200+ on one of these. You only spend 5 minutes on it anyway....

teeterhangups

quality posts: 15 Private Messages teeterhangups
mjc613 wrote:I am frightened to ask what people did with these things so that they needed to be refurbished.

Blemished items may show a small amount of wear and tear as a result of shipping damage or brief use - but only products with superficial flaws are resold. All blemished models have been inspected to ensure that the structural integrity and function of the product remains of the highest quality. Our standard warranty still applies, but not toward cosmetic flaws.

teeterhangups

shahnm wrote:A quick search (amazon) reveals several cheaper inversion tables, though made by more "bargain" companies. It seems that Teeter is a well known brand, but does anyone who has this know what sets it apart compared with cheaper tables?

A few things...

2-year warranty

UL Listed - Independently quality-assurance tested to the highest safety standard available for inversion tables. The ONLY brand that meets stringent UL standards.

Product Comparison Tests - Teeter performed the best in endurance, strength, rotation control, and ease of assembly.

Since 1981 - Teeter is the only company to focus on inversion for over 30 years.

teeterhangups

neveraging wrote:I know this is asking a lot, but can someone take me down the path of Fit-60 vs all the other models that Teeter offers? My take is they all hang you upside down, it's just a question of 1) how easily you get upside down and upright again; and 2) how comfortable your pads are
Is there more to consider?

Teeter offers many models, with a variety of features available. The Fit-60 is one of our more streamlined models, but certainly meets our standards for smooth, easy rotation (it's a given for any Teeter inversion table), and comfortable ankle pads. The Fit-60 also offers larger support handles, which are nice, especially for new users. If you have any specific questions about particular models or features, we'd be happy to address them for you.

sasquatchbreath

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sasquatchbreath

6'1 275 pounds (was 290 a couple months ago and still losing), size 14 shoe. I'm running every other day and have back, and nerve issues down my right leg. I've been looking for one of these but it sounds like this one will not do the trick due to my size?

paburdette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paburdette

If only it massaged your feet... It would be worth hundreds more. I have severe back problems that result from several neurological disorders. I have an Arnold Chiari Malformation Type I and Syringomyelia. I have had three surgeries on my brain stem and spine to correct these, and although the surgeries stopped the problem from progressing, I was left with a great deal of pain. I saw one of these at a Play It Again Sports (used sports equipment store) and was able to try it out. After spending only 3 minutes on it, my back felt exponentially better for hours! The pain was near gone and I felt like I just dropped a 200lbs back pack I didn't know I was carrying! Needless to say, I ordered one.

BigBangLLC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigBangLLC
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, Wooters, let's hear from you. I know some of you have bought inversion tables from Teeter. I'm thinking about it.

Share your experiences.

I have two herniated discs in my lower back that occasionally flare up. I ordered a Teeter a couple years ago and love it.

My only warning is to go slow, in both directions. When tilting back, go slowly, and maybe just past horizontal to start with. Going quickly can cause you to tense up.

When coming back up, do it slowly as well as there will be some recompression, and moving quickly can be very painful.

I do use it when in pain, but I'm very cautious with my movements. When I'm not hurting, I can safely move quicker.

All that said, I love it.

lynnelyons

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lynnelyons

I haven't been "back" to see the Chiropractor since I got mine! (2 years ago, and I was going 2x weekly) I have a slight curvature in my spine, and often it is out of whack. I researched them all, Teeter is the Go to brand for Best value and best made table. Seriously, as little as 5 minutes a week has made my life and health much better. i've never talked to a teeter owner who wasn't as happy as myself!

texasbonfire

quality posts: 2 Private Messages texasbonfire

Been wanting one for a few years. My L5 - S1 is kissing my sciatic nerve on a regular basis and I am willing to give this a try. Have heard from a few friends that it worked for them.

MarkES

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MarkES

I picked up one of these when woot had them a few months ago shortly after I was diagnosed with a herniated disk. I asked both my Regular Dr and my Physical therapist about it and both of them gave their blessing so I picked one up.

For me, it's been great. It really does make my back feel better. Between using this and the exercises that my PT assigned to me, my back already feels almost normal again after just a few months. I particularly like the adjustable safety strap so that you don't have to go completely upside down if you don't want which is really nice so that you can start out slow while working up to a complete inversion. It's also easy to adjust so my wife and I can both use it without spending a lot of time changing the settings. And for this price, compared to other inversion tables I looked it, it's a very good deal.

menaparker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages menaparker

Sold out?????? I came back to buy this evening!

fjp999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999
menaparker wrote:Sold out?????? I came back to buy this evening!

I cant believe it either!!!

I had a very early morn pain doc appt. I asked her about this and she said many of her patients said it did them good.

I have chronic fatigue syndrom (with other issues) so had to sleep when I got back from the docs and was going to order this but Oh My!!! Sold out!!!

Do hope it comes back soon - and this model at this price, please!

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 4 Private Messages prissyrabbit
fjp999 wrote:I cant believe it either!!!

I had a very early morn pain doc appt. I asked her about this and she said many of her patients said it did them good.

I have chronic fatigue syndrom (with other issues) so had to sleep when I got back from the docs and was going to order this but Oh My!!! Sold out!!!

Do hope it comes back soon - and this model at this price, please!

Every time I have seen these come up on Woot, they always sell out before the day is over. You snooze, you lose.