WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The Joy of Kelty

Sometimes a backpack is more than a backpack. Sometimes a backpack is a friend, a confidant, a family member, or even a first love. Kelty: the backpack that will always love you.
Kelty official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Time to hike around the forums and do a Kelty club check-in! Review your pack, and pick up a spare!

I'm just hanging out, really.

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

Reminds me I need to send my sun shade poles in for repair. Kelty has awesome customer service and stands behind their products with free repairs/replacements. Still wish Coleman did that.

omnitravis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages omnitravis

I love my Kelty gear. They are all great bags, I really like the Lakota, though. Lots of easily managed compartments, and it is black.

jbradleywoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jbradleywoot

Will there ever be a M/L Kelty Redwing 50 available on woot?

DMelton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DMelton

Y u no have M/L Redwing

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc

If you're in the market for an Avocet, now is the time to get one. They have been discontinued in the 2013 line-up (as has the Courser [although the Courses has now been replaced by one of two size Pawnee style]). They are great little fun packs and you absolutely cannot beat the price! I bought one for all the nieces and nephews for Christmas and they love them! Snag some while you can.

Edited: for spelling and other early morning deficiencies.

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

come back with that 100L bag. i changed my mind i want to buy it!

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95

I love my Kelty Redwing 50! Friends came to visit and we decided to go camping at a last minute idea. They where surprised all the stuff I was able to carry in it and still have space for more - we camped for 3 days and had all the necessary equipment in it!!!!!! I am sure they are getting one as well.

themaineevent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages themaineevent

Good grief! No M/L on the Redwing again?

avelkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avelkey

Add my voice to those of my fellow brethren who are of larger stature...

when will Woot get these in M/L????

inkycatz

avelkey wrote:Add my voice to those of my fellow brethren who are of larger stature...

when will Woot get these in M/L????

I can't promise today or tomorrow but I can promise that there's going to be a lot of pointing at this thread to the buyers, who no doubt will do their best to see what they can manage.

sgtgreeneusmc

inkycatz wrote:I can't promise today or tomorrow but I can promise that there's going to be a lot of pointing at this thread to the buyers, who no doubt will do their best to see what they can manage.

Well while they're at it, tell them I want a M/L Coyote in Cypress instead of that gawd awful Java.

xxl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxl

Again as seen by many previous posts is the absence of the larger sized packs. I would be in for two of the Redwing 50's if the M/L was offered. Hopefully there is truth and action from the staff minions and these will magically appear?!?!?

inkycatz

xxl wrote:Again as seen by many previous posts is the absence of the larger sized packs. I would be in for two of the Redwing 50's if the M/L was offered. Hopefully there is truth and action from the staff minions and these will magically appear?!?!?

I wouldn't say they'll magically appear for this sale. Future sales, WHO KNOWS.

wyreless

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wyreless
inkycatz wrote:I wouldn't say they'll magically appear for this sale. Future sales, WHO KNOWS.

Yes, the lack of M/L Sizes on many models of KELTY Packs has been a real frustration. I know I would have bought at least 3, that did not happen due to sizing. Plus, HEY KELTY, US BIG PEOPLE CAMP TOO!!!

"Living For The DEAL!!"

bridger80

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bridger80

Another guy who would be in for 2 if woot would find some M/L.

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Every time these bags come up for sale I want to buy one, but I never know which one to get. I am always in and out of the hospital, so I want to get one as a "bug out bag".
I am barely 5'1" and don't weight a lot. Can anyone recommend a bag for me? I don't care if it's a sold out one or sold somewhere else.

enktwiss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enktwiss

I've been delaying and thinking about ordering one of these for months and finally pulled the trigger figuring that they aren't Dyson's - they have to run out eventually!

Ordered a Lakota on Wednesday and it arrived to my home in southeast Penn. on Friday! Woot speed is waaaaay up!

hondac95

I have 3 Redwings 50, one is a BOB (always with me as I also work in a hospital) and the other 2 are for regular camping stuff for me and my wife. I have enough supplies for 3 days in the BOB, including stoves, tents, sleeping bag, clothes, first aid, food...all the essentials needed and still have space for more. I do recommend this one as it is not Top Loading, so basically you have everything at hands reach instead of digging in the bag. I am 5'7" and the S/M fits perfect and haven't had any problems with fitting. I do recommend the Redwing 50 hands down.

mibutterflywingz wrote:Every time these bags come up for sale I want to buy one, but I never know which one to get. I am always in and out of the hospital, so I want to get one as a "bug out bag".
I am barely 5'1" and don't weight a lot. Can anyone recommend a bag for me? I don't care if it's a sold out one or sold somewhere else.

sgtgreeneusmc

Cool that the sale was extended; any chance you will be restocking or adding new items w/ the extension?

sgtgreeneusmc

mibutterflywingz wrote:Every time these bags come up for sale I want to buy one, but I never know which one to get. I am always in and out of the hospital, so I want to get one as a "bug out bag".

I'm with Hondac95 on this one. The Redwing is going to have a lot of room for basics and easy access. While I personally prefer a top loader for hiking/backpacking, the panel loading Redwing is more ideal for the specific purpose you're looking to fulfill. Honestly, it won't matter what size torso you get (btw, torso measurements are made off of your spine, not your overall height) since you are unlikely to be hiking this pack around w/ you as a B.O.B. In fact, if you are going to be stationary, even one of the large duffels Woot has had on here would work for you. All in all, I don't think you could go wrong with one of the Redwings.

claraoc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages claraoc

I bought the Redwing 50 from Woot, and while it does seem to be a really high quality bag, I (5'3" individual) can't wear it because the metal spine piece and the plastic back insert stab me in the neck when I'm standing normally. I'm used to carrying around thirty pounds of stuff in my backpack on a daily basis, but I've never had one of the reinforced type, and I'll have to either find something to saw the metal down, or if not, sell it to a taller outdoorsy person.

Have any shorter people here successfully modified one of the S/M sized ones?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
claraoc wrote:I bought the Redwing 50 from Woot, and while it does seem to be a really high quality bag, I (5'3" individual) can't wear it because the metal spine piece and the plastic back insert stab me in the neck when I'm standing normally. I'm used to carrying around thirty pounds of stuff in my backpack on a daily basis, but I've never had one of the reinforced type, and I'll have to either find something to saw the metal down, or if not, sell it to a taller outdoorsy person.

Have any shorter people here successfully modified one of the S/M sized ones?

The pieces that you're describing should be adjustable. I'm not in a position to check right now, but the owner's manual that came with your pack should have instructions on how to adjust the stays.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

hondac95

You are correct as the bracket is bendable to shape the frame. You can D/L the manual @ http://www.kelty.com/t-instructions.aspx (select 2010 Packs/K-9)

neuropsychosocial wrote:The pieces that you're describing should be adjustable. I'm not in a position to check right now, but the owner's manual that came with your pack should have instructions on how to adjust the stays.

rettaboo78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rettaboo78
sgtgreeneusmc wrote:Well while they're at it, tell them I want a M/L Coyote in Cypress instead of that gawd awful Java.

I haven't ever seen these on woot, but think they would sell well in sport or kids woot. I would love to see the kelty baby back carrier...not sure the name/models, but they have frames and put the kids in and hike around with them strapped to your back. I would buy one and share with my social networks, promise

Lulabelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lulabelle

Really pleased to find the Lakota for $65 (plus shipping) - our 12 year old had no day pack. But now she does. S/M was perfect for our needs.

spokesmolly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spokesmolly
neuropsychosocial wrote:The pieces that you're describing should be adjustable. I'm not in a position to check right now, but the owner's manual that came with your pack should have instructions on how to adjust the stays.

The Coyote I ordered from Woot a couple of months ago didn't come with a manual.

Lulabelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lulabelle
spokesmolly wrote:The Coyote I ordered from Woot a couple of months ago didn't come with a manual.

Hopefully you found this page, then:

http://www.kelty.com/t-instructions.aspx