WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

eZip eBikes and eScooters

Remember what email did to regular mail? For a while it just seemed like a fun, quirky thing that some nerdy types did; then all of a sudden it was the form of communication. Well, the same thing's gonna happen with electric bikes and scooters, so grab one and get ahead of the curve this time.
Currie Tech official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Which do you prefer for 2 wheel style, a scooter or a bike?

I'm just hanging out, really.

thumperchick

quality posts: 240 Private Messages thumperchick

Those scooters are nifty. But so are the pictured bike storage lockers - that's one way to keep people from stealing parts!

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

I wish I could buy the E-750, then when people ask me about it I could say this:
http://youtu.be/1s0XsulDXtk?t=58s

GameFederer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GameFederer

I'd really like to buy one of the scooters. It's perfect for my work commute. I just don't know if it's worth it or not.

I've been trying to get a scooter to save me gas money for a few years now.

philipgroven

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philipgroven
GameFederer wrote:I'd really like to buy one of the scooters. It's perfect for my work commute. I just don't know if it's worth it or not.

I've been trying to get a scooter to save me gas money for a few years now.

I bought the Diamond version of the ebike in the first woot offering. I think it is great. I ride it every day. The bike has paid for itself in what I save in parking and fuel. At this point I am making money. The only thing you should concern yoruself with is battery life with respect to the duration of your trip. I go about 3 miles each direction - 6 round trip - and I have no battery issues. I suspect if you ride much further, the battery life might shorten due to the deep discharge of the sealed lead acid battery. The way to beat that is to purchase an additional battery.

Note: Hey WOOT! why not get us a deal on additional batteries?!?!

GameFederer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GameFederer
philipgroven wrote:I bought the Diamond version of the ebike in the first woot offering. I think it is great. I ride it every day. The bike has paid for itself in what I save in parking and fuel. At this point I am making money. The only thing you should concern yoruself with is battery life with respect to the duration of your trip. I go about 3 miles each direction - 6 round trip - and I have no battery issues. I suspect if you ride much further, the battery life might shorten due to the deep discharge of the sealed lead acid battery. The way to beat that is to purchase an additional battery.

My work commute for both jobs is about 6 miles round trip.

billintoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billintoo

Having had a couple bikes stolen from me in the past, I'm concerned about theft. I know a dedicated bike thief will be able to steal just about any bike, but is it possible to lock the battery to the frame and otherwise secure valuable parts when parked at, say, the train station?

asianglow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages asianglow

i own an ezip900.
the manual says that the batteries are guaranteed for only 5 months. replaced mine in a year.

tomatotornado

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomatotornado
billintoo wrote:Having had a couple bikes stolen from me in the past, I'm concerned about theft. I know a dedicated bike thief will be able to steal just about any bike, but is it possible to lock the battery to the frame and otherwise secure valuable parts when parked at, say, the train station?

I purchased the diamond version bike in a previous woot. There are locks (and of course associated keys) on both sides of the bike for where you place the battery. It comes with one battery only, so you'll need to choose which side you'd prefer the battery on.

In full disclosure, the locking mechanism broke today when I tried to switch battery to the other side. Will need to take it to a locksmith to fix the busted lock now. So in short, the quality of the lock isn't the greatest.

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii

If I didn't have to drive my kids to school, I'd commute with one of these...

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

Do the scooters come with a key?

mphillipswoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mphillipswoot

Staff

philipgroven wrote:I bought the Diamond version of the ebike in the first woot offering. I think it is great. I ride it every day. The bike has paid for itself in what I save in parking and fuel. At this point I am making money. The only thing you should concern yoruself with is battery life with respect to the duration of your trip. I go about 3 miles each direction - 6 round trip - and I have no battery issues. I suspect if you ride much further, the battery life might shorten due to the deep discharge of the sealed lead acid battery. The way to beat that is to purchase an additional battery.

We are working to get you some battery deals from Currie Technologies who is exhibiting at CES right now.

Currie Technologies has a product that is a Top 10 finalists in the Last Gadget Standing competition at the 2013 CES

johnnyof2vi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyof2vi

Wish i could get one (trailz diamond)! But don't get paid till monday morning.

johnnyof2vi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyof2vi

I guess woot isn't for people that live on a budget. People that have money get discounts, but poor people are forced to pay full price.