Staff

Poll: I’ve already…
  • 31% - Broken my diet. 283
  • 25.9% - Missed a day at the gym. 236
  • 7% - Started smoking again. 64
  • 19.3% - Failed to water one of my prize orchids. 176
  • 16.8% - Messed up another resolution I’ll bemoan in the comments. 153
912 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ardubu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ardubu

I wonder what normal people do?
I was just reminded that "NORMAL" is a setting on the clothes washer...

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

I don't start my resolutions until on Monday the first week back at work.

Get back to me next week.

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

On the flip side, I got all the orchids where they won't just freeze.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

Thankfully my orchids prefer my once weekly watering schedule. It's the feeding I have to remember. Those orchids are hungry little beasts.
As for the diet... I start it when all the junk food is gone from the house, my resolution is to bring no more in, and I have been good on that. The exercise can't start til next week when my son's Childcare is open again... But it is starting every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! That will do something!
The first week of the new year is house cleaning week (got the in with the new, now for the out with the old)!
Good luck everyone! Take each day as it comes!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Mine is to cut back on refined sugar. (I'm like a child. I love sugar & candy) This morning, I ate a bowl of Lucky Charms. *blush*

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

See? This kind of bad expectations is why I don't make New Year's resolutions.

jackw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackw

you missed, "None of the Above"

I live the way I type, FAST, with a lot of mistakes.

w8t4it

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w8t4it

NONE OF THE ABOVE! Because I'm dah man!

atx85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages atx85

None of the above.

I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. If you have something you *should* be changing in your life, you shouldn't need a New Year to convince yourself to do it. Man up and be a better person for own well-being.

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox

My resolution is to hug people more. So far so good! As soon as you tell people - old friends or the guy at the next booth at Burger King - they jump up and prepare to be hugged. As for the missing days at the gym thing... what's 365.25 x 35?

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

None of the above, because I don't believe resolutions are worth anything. Lifestyle changes are more meaningful and longer lasting.

DavidDrake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidDrake

I was going to go with none of the above as well, but I haven't been to the gym yet. so I assume that means I "missed" a day.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
spacefox wrote:My resolution is to hug people more.

I'm just hanging out, really.

walkaj12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkaj12

My New Years Resolution is to make NO resolutions....and I broke it the second I made it.

DarthTagnan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DarthTagnan

Last year's resolution = No High Fructose Corn Syrup. Haven't broken it. Now, it's a habit to look for it.

This year's resolution = No enhanced wheat (flour, product, etc.). This one is more difficult, because just about everything has enhanced wheat.

phredt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phredt

I sort of forgot to make any resolutions before the new year started. I guess it's too late now. Any self improvement i have to do will have to wait until 2014.

asingh89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asingh89

H3LP +HE SM0K3R$