WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Compress Yourself with 2XU

The U.S. Bill of Rights protects many freedoms - speech, religion, due process, etc. Most importantly, the 9th Amendment protects the right to free compression clothing. So pick up some 2XU gear and proudly exercise your constitutionally-granted right to form-fitting activewear.
2XU official site

Quality Posts

glubash

quality posts: 11 Private Messages glubash

The guy in the picture looks like a mugger.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

Last time these compression garments were posted there were many of us whose measurements for the shorts fit between Small and Medium. I was the one who ordered up before everybody recommended ordering down. Unfortunately, SupportWoot was unable to help me as since they do not work the weekends, the order shipped before they got my email.

So, I did receive the Mediums. They do fit, but more like a general exercise short, not as a compression short probably should. However, if you have heavy thighs like I do, that band at the bottom of the leg will NOT be your friend. Makes my thighs look horribly huge - thus these shorts are for indoor workouts only.

jholzman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jholzman

I picked up a pair of the Comp Tri Shorts, L, when this was last offered (which was right before Christmas, I think). The fit is good, I'm an L in everything. The chamois is a little thicker than I'm used to on tri-shorts, but it isn't stiff, and doesn't inhibit running. Haven't had a chance to take them out on the bike yet. But if they were available in L I'd pick up another pair. It's impossible to find good tri stuff at a decent price.

More tri stuff, woot!

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

jholzman wrote:

More tri stuff, woot!

What other type of tri gear would you like? Brands and items.

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich

> "... the 9th Amendment protects the right to free compression clothing."

And yet woot is charging up to $45 per item!

Support Free As In Beer!
Accept no Free As In Speech substitute!

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages Pufferfishy

A 6" drop on a men's top is hardly an "athletic" cut - are these for couch triathletes?

I'm a 9" drop and currently sporting winter pudge

Any guys with a truly athletic taper try these tops? I'm sure the 2 Woot has available will sell out before I find an answer.....

You've been put on posting probation for this post

tomingulfbreeze

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tomingulfbreeze
newfiepage wrote:What other type of tri gear would you like? Brands and items.

Zoot, TYR, Louis Guarneau, DeSoto, & Pearl Izumi are all favorite brands for me. Shorts are my favorite items, but also interested in tri tops and jerseys.

For Desoto gear, Emilio Desoto is the owner and the one to talk to, PM me if you need me to dig up contact info. Not sure if he'll entertain the idea, but worth asking I suppose.

tomingulfbreeze

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tomingulfbreeze

I got the base model shorts last time and am very happy with them! Used the 2XU sizing recommendations and they fit well. In for 3 more!

colbinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colbinator
tomingulfbreeze wrote:Zoot, TYR, Louis Guarneau, DeSoto, & Pearl Izumi are all favorite brands for me. Shorts are my favorite items, but also interested in tri tops and jerseys.

I second Zoot and PI, who also have cycling and running wear. One also not mentioned in this list is Sugoi.

Shorts and full length tri tops would be #1 and #2, but regular running/cycling clothes would also be appreciated. (With regular running clothes, I also really like Brooks's clothes, as an aside.)

The one thing I hate about 2XU's shorts is the seam up the middle - for the ladies it creates an undesirable effect, even if it's just a visual effect. ;)

karruttopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karruttopp

Ummm they photoshopped the woman's top onto the mans body. Very awkward looking.

joelwu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelwu

Can anyone tell me why I can't use Paypal to checkout after I login via Amazon account?

I can't save my payment setting in my account [Your Shipping and Payment Settings] .

After I choose paypal , and click and save to get back to WOOT!, it always shows the same empty page of [Your Shipping and Payment Settings]

This is really annoying!

jholzman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jholzman
newfiepage wrote:What other type of tri gear would you like? Brands and items.

I like 2XU, De Soto, Blueseventy, Louis Garneau, and Pearl Izumi for tri stuff. But I'm open to other brands, those are just the ones I have the most experience with. As far as items, I echo that tri shorts are probably #1, and then tri shirts. If I saw a good price on a bib I'd be interested too.

Training gear for each of the individual events, too. Swim jammers in particular are hard to find a good deal on. Good running gear less so, but it's what I wear most so I'm always looking for it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

joelwu wrote:Can anyone tell me why I can't use Paypal to checkout after I login via Amazon account?

I can't save my payment setting in my account [Your Shipping and Payment Settings] .

After I choose paypal , and click and save to get back to WOOT!, it always shows the same empty page of [Your Shipping and Payment Settings]

This is really annoying!

The usual problem is that we require that your PayPal account be backed by a credit card or bank account.

If that's not it, you might try emailing support@woot.com for assistance.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

richdvn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richdvn
colbinator wrote:I second Zoot and PI, who also have cycling and running wear. One also not mentioned in this list is Sugoi.

A note about Sugoi: excellent quality, but even understanding the compression factor, it is not well suited if you're even a little on the dumpy side, and I am moderately that way. ("Leans dumpy", as the pundits have it.)

Would love to see compression arm and leg sleeves and socks. Love 'em, can't get enough (particularly the CEP brand.)

Hasteur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hasteur

*frown*

They feature a Vest like compression garment on the man, but I can't seem to find it either here or 2XU's site.

Hasteur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hasteur
karruttopp wrote:Ummm they photoshopped the woman's top onto the mans body. Very awkward looking.

Indeed, I was actually wanting that style/cut as a man

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
colbinator wrote:I second Zoot and PI, who also have cycling and running wear. One also not mentioned in this list is Sugoi.

Shorts and full length tri tops would be #1 and #2, but regular running/cycling clothes would also be appreciated. (With regular running clothes, I also really like Brooks's clothes, as an aside.)

I second all the brands mentioned. I also agree that shorts and tops would be excellent (I'm only interested in W), as well as general cycling clothes. I happen to love skirts on my workout/race gear and am ALWAYS looking for a great deal on them.

I'm so excited for tri stuff

The one thing I hate about 2XU's shorts is the seam up the middle - for the ladies it creates an undesirable effect, even if it's just a visual effect. ;)

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

kentbo12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kentbo12

The Women's Compression Tri Singlet looks like it's just a top and not a singlet. Is that true?

Raindrip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raindrip
kentbo12 wrote:The Women's Compression Tri Singlet looks like it's just a top and not a singlet. Is that true?

I'm pretty sure they are using the sleeveless collarless shirt definition of singlet rather than the wrestling singlet you may be thinking of. It's just a tank top. A one piece outfit would probably be referred to as a tri suit.

Speaking of tri suits, I hope those show up in a woot sale eventually. Pretty please woot?

DigitalFoobar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DigitalFoobar

Only sizes in the long distance tri shorts appear to be XL and XXL.. meh.

Second, if you're going to buy compression gear, make sure its for a good reason. There isn't much evidence that suggests much of an impact on actual athletic performance.. studies have shown that its "hit or miss" data and more of a perception (which I suppose can alter athletic performance mentally).

The funny thing is that I see a ton of novices wearing compression gear, even at charity 5k runs. The odds of compression altering someone's performance for 3 miles are minimal at best. It just makes me think about the out-of-shape guy with his gut hanging out while riding a $6k+ tri bike.. the gear really isn't going to make much of a difference.