WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Was your new years resolution for this year to get into better shape? Did you?
  • 8.7% - Yes it was, and yes I did! 87
  • 13.2% - Yes it was, but no I didn’t. 132
  • 24.6% - No it wasn’t, but I did anyway. 245
  • 53.5% - No it wasn’t, and no I didn’t. 533
997 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

SpeedySloth

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SpeedySloth

Since this is fairly anonymous, I am going to brag: No one outside my family knows, but I've lost a little over 100 lbs. in 2012. I still have about that much to go, but it feels a lot better to be halfway there than not getting near the goal at all. It' also nice buying clothes that are five sizes smaller! Whee! I hope to have my "I made it" post in 2013 sometime.

FWIW, I didn't do anything special, like stomach banding or the like, which is what some folks think I did. Nope. Just eating less and exercising more. No miracles here.

gigi889

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gigi889
SpeedySloth wrote:Since this is fairly anonymous, I am going to brag: No one outside my family knows, but I've lost a little over 100 lbs. in 2012. I still have about that much to go, but it feels a lot better to be halfway there than not getting near the goal at all. It' also nice buying clothes that are five sizes smaller! Whee! I hope to have my "I made it" post in 2013 sometime.

FWIW, I didn't do anything special, like stomach banding or the like, which is what some folks think I did. Nope. Just eating less and exercising more. No miracles here.

That is a WONDERFUL accomplishment!! Keep up the good work and enjoy those new clothes.