WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How was 2012 for your favorite sports team?
  • 25.7% - Terrible 398
  • 10.3% - Boring 160
  • 17.4% - Ugly, but okay 270
  • 17.9% - Almost beautiful, but in the end, heart-breaking 277
  • 17.4% - Amazing 269
  • 11.4% - None of these sum it up for me. I’ll post something else in the comments. 176
1550 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

Dallas Stars
NHL lockout
I am unhappy.

christi4673

quality posts: 1 Private Messages christi4673

Detroit Red Wings...
Lockout has broken my heart

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100
rprebel wrote:Dallas Stars
NHL lockout
I am unhappy.

Bettman!

Also a stars fan.

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke

Don't do team sports, don't care about team sports, would only be "my" team if someone bought one for me.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Can't say until Sunday night. But until then, Hail to the Redskins!

statictrance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages statictrance

Pens fan here - also locked out. God help us all.

omomma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omomma

NYR Hockey...come back!

watercat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watercat

NHL Hockey. I am sad.

stella54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stella54

Rough start to the season. Lots of injuries. Replacement refs. But we won the central division and play this weekend for #2 seed. GO PACKERS!!

brainleak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brainleak

I want Gary Bettman's Job

PGH Penguins.

For your hockey fix check out KHLTV.com (KHL= Russian hockey)

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
stella54 wrote:Rough start to the season. Lots of injuries. Replacement refs. But we won the central division and play this weekend for #2 seed. GO PACKERS!!

Just make sure they beat the Vikings so we can get in, too >.>

GO BEARS!

teppa217

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teppa217

football's still in season

reom76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reom76

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'm a LA Kings fan, so seeing them win the Cup was something I never thought I'd see happen (19 years as a Kings fan will make you sort of jaded).

On the other, this stupid lockout has kept me from seeing any sort of banner raising ceremony. Stupid Bettman.

aphroat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aphroat

Where's my "I have a favorite sports team?" option??

wootferret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootferret

SHYTE.
My sport of choice is hockey and, well, the NHL is taking the season off, so...

lusluckylad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lusluckylad

Happy to see I'm not alone when it comes to missing hockey. Doesn't make it hurt any less though. Maybe next year.

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

Both my college and pro football teams are making me pretend football does not exist and hockey could not get their act together so I guess you could say restful. I went with terrible since my Preds decided to crumble in the playoffs after we all thought we had a clear shot. At least we beat the red wings :/

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Remains to be seen. Texans have one more regular season game left, then the playoffs start. Won't know how 2012 was until a ways into 2013.

deadeye37

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deadeye37

BYU Football had such promise this year! Their defense was amazing! And their punter, too.

Too bad the kicker can't make a field goal unless he's within 5 yards from the end zone and Riley Nelson feels the need to throw a pick 6 almost every game.

If we had a good kicker and a QB that can pass, BYU could be going to a BCS bowl or playing for the national championship.

At least we get a new QB and kicker next year!

sammwolff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammwolff
charliecarroll wrote:Can't say until Sunday night. But until then, Hail to the Redskins!

Any team playing the Dallas Cowgirls is my favorite team. Go Skins!

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

Oh the Twins. how disappointing. i couldn't bear seeing the losses to kc, or almost beating the yanks 3 times in a row, but instead getting swept. the offseason trades many didnt like (span); i see why they did it. Great Stadium.
Oh, the Vikings. Ill answer this question on Sunday, but if now is when you want it, Ill say it was a good season. Smith was good; allen was good; peterson was beast (i think hes an alien, his brethren are rooting for him over in roswell); ponder, ponder is as good as hell get, and is not that good
wolves, its early, im optimistic, go rubio
wild, whats up with the nhl, get yourself together
gopher hockey, like always is good
gopher basketball is on the rise, they are winning and are ranked, the regular season starts soon and i think we are 2nd best in the big ten, and ive seen indiana play, and they arent all that, so we might be better. i like our defense, good offense
gopher football, eh... ill watch the game tonight, ill see how it goes we may or may not win, but itll be fun to watch

going to cosettas tonight

MSSteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MSSteve

Worse than 'TERRIBLE'... my favorite football team went 0-12, after going to a bowl game for the last 14 out of 15 years.
Thankfully, they fired the 1st year gonad running this years team... I guess we can start a new streak next year.

stella54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stella54
justkissmybass wrote:Just make sure they beat the Vikings so we can get in, too >.>

GO BEARS!

It would be great to beat the Bears again in the playoffs.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

So I usually don't consider it "my team" unless I'm playing on it. I root for the local teams, and was happy for the Giants when they won the World Series, but it cracked me up everytime I heard an overweight or a puny little guy talk about how "we are winning!". I always have to ask "Wow! What position do you play?". Sorry... I know the team needs the financial support of the community it is in, and having a fan base no doubt is encouraging to the players, but to hear some people talk, they base their happiness on whether "their team" wins or loses. First... It's just a game. Second... If your team loses... You can still be a winning fan! ;)

horseyb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horseyb

Denver. Broncos. 'Nuff said. @:'D

cranberrysaus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cranberrysaus

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

WE WANT DALLAS

RGIII

SinnFein

quality posts: 20 Private Messages SinnFein

Between the Phillies and the Eagles it went from bad to worse. Hoping 2013 will be better.

chad24depew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chad24depew

Well I'm a kansas city chiefs fan so that pretty much sums it up

glenasmith

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glenasmith
btpaschke wrote:Don't do team sports, don't care about team sports, would only be "my" team if someone bought one for me.

+1 ! I find it very amusing to see people so worked up about events that they have no control over. "Woe is me, my team lost, my whole weekend is blown." "Ack... These Jillionaires are mad at those Zillionaires, so the whole season is a bust!"

Blargh - No Thanks. I'll just enjoy a pickup game, or work out on my own.