0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

270mg of Caffeine. Pretty strong stuff. I've used N.O. Xplode 2.0 and NT and they definitely get you pumped and amped, but I find them to be too strong, if you take a full serving.

wakeen15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wakeen15

Do you even lift?

Superllama7

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Superllama7

excellent reviews here:
http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/BSN/NOXplode_Igniter_Shot

$30 at amazon, not many reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/BSN-N-O-XPLODE-Igniter-Shot/dp/B007IU9VQ4/

pupyluvr

quality posts: 50 Private Messages pupyluvr
DaZoneRanger wrote:270mg of Caffeine. Pretty strong stuff.

Wow!
So these are good for you in the same way that Cigarettes are good for your heart and Vodka is good for your liver?

lyanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyanker

is it really just 11.99 or is there an extra shipping cost?

cougar694u

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cougar694u

I hate the proprietary blends, you really have no clue what the actual quantities of each substance are. Why they only tell you how much caffeine, but nothing else?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lyanker wrote:is it really just 11.99 or is there an extra shipping cost?

$11.99 + $5 on your first order. You can order up to 7 for this sale and it's still just $5 shipping.

After that, you've unlocked free shipping for the day until midnight Central.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cougar694u wrote:I hate the proprietary blends, you really have no clue what the actual quantities of each substance are. Why they only tell you how much caffeine, but nothing else?

Did you look at the specs tab? There's supplement facts there with more info.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

justincredibleg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages justincredibleg

These work well for a periodic energy boost. I typically just take them every so often when I don't feel like working out but should. That way if I never make it off the couch the caffeine still helps me burn a few extra calories.

They also sell these in a 4 serving bottle which I drank all of in about 15 min by mistake. My skin felt tingly, my eyes were slow to look where I wanted them to and my heart exploded but I had a great workout! I have a high tolerance for caffeine and medicine so someone who doesnt may see these effects from 1 dose.

rickbaron

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rickbaron

Is there a best used by date? Experiation?
Thanks

[MOD: From the features.... Best by 02/28/13]

redtokyoboxers

quality posts: 4 Private Messages redtokyoboxers

These are great, and I've tried a lot of pre-workout products. I actually prefer the shot to the NO Xplode powder.

But, fruit punch flavor? Blech.

waldz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waldz
pupyluvr wrote:Wow!
So these are good for you in the same way that Cigarettes are good for your heart and Vodka is good for your liver?

Implying that 270mg of caffeine is in some way harmful?

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
Superllama7 wrote:excellent reviews here:
http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/BSN/NOXplode_Igniter_Shot

$30 at amazon, not many reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/BSN-N-O-XPLODE-Igniter-Shot/dp/B007IU9VQ4/

can't find the fruit punch flavor on amazon though

I always did like yardsales.

waldz

ThunderThighs wrote:Did you look at the specs tab? There's supplement facts there with more info.

He's referring to the proprietary blend... the spec sheet doesn't outline the quantity of the ingredients that are important.

The only useful ingredients in this pre-workout include the caffeine (masks fatigue), N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (synergist to caffeine) and L-Norvaline (boosts nitric oxide levels for the pump). Everything else is filler.

Without knowing the specific amounts of each ingredient, I would never recommend this at full price, but at $1 per serving its not too bad, especially if you can't be bothered to mix your own ingredients.

nowoot4u

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nowoot4u
waldz wrote:
The only useful ingredients in this pre-workout include the caffeine (masks fatigue), N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (synergist to caffeine) and L-Norvaline (boosts nitric oxide levels for the pump). Everything else is filler.

Wow, give that guy a quality post. Great info!

psaux

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psaux
waldz wrote:He's referring to the proprietary blend... the spec sheet doesn't outline the quantity of the ingredients that are important.

Without knowing the specific amounts of each ingredient, I would never recommend this at full price, but at $1 per serving its not too bad, especially if you can't be bothered to mix your own ingredients.

Actually ... the arginine is the real kicker. That's the nitric oxide precusor that the NO in the NO Xplode title refers to.

Nitric oxide is a vasodilator, meaning it causes your blood vessels to expand. This is drops blood pressure but also allows better distribution of nutrients and evacuation of waste.

That's the primary point of these, as there is clinical evidence to support the position that increasing arginine levels will increase nitric oxide production, which will, in turn, allow for increased endurance and faster recovery during workouts.

ALL THAT SAID, supplementing arginine will also often cause HSV outbreaks, so if you've got (had is the same as "got" ... it never goes away, just hides) any form of it (cold sores count), you may want to avoid this.

Also, while the vasodilation impacts of arginine can be positive for those with high blood pressure, this would not be the product for them, as the caffeine will more than negate that gain.

zawood1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zawood1

I'm in for two. I really do prefer the Blue Razz flavors of all of the BSN products, and fruit punch is most likely the reason these are being wooted. The powder version of this product gives me quite a bit of workout energy, so here's hoping these have the same results.

DrDong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrDong

Wow. You love internet "facts" huh? May I suggest a book or some published medical literature? Have a nice day.

psaux wrote:Actually ... the arginine is the real kicker. That's the nitric oxide precusor that the NO in the NO Xplode title refers to.

Nitric oxide is a vasodilator, meaning it causes your blood vessels to expand. This is drops blood pressure but also allows better distribution of nutrients and evacuation of waste.

That's the primary point of these, as there is clinical evidence to support the position that increasing arginine levels will increase nitric oxide production, which will, in turn, allow for increased endurance and faster recovery during workouts.

ALL THAT SAID, supplementing arginine will also often cause HSV outbreaks, so if you've got (had is the same as "got" ... it never goes away, just hides) any form of it (cold sores count), you may want to avoid this.

Also, while the vasodilation impacts of arginine can be positive for those with high blood pressure, this would not be the product for them, as the caffeine will more than negate that gain.

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler

Will this stuff make you buck-wild on the dance floor?

rkoneill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkoneill

Here's a recent study that I read in Runner's World saying that caffeine is the only ingredient that is effective in energy drinks:

Runner's World

Do energy drinks contain active components other than caffeine?

jath222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jath222

These aren't energy drinks. They are creatine.

rkoneill wrote:Here's a recent study that I read in Runner's World saying that caffeine is the only ingredient that is effective in energy drinks:

Runner's World

Do energy drinks contain active components other than caffeine?

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie

they arent creatine they are pre work out energy drinks, they may include some blends that help "muscle building" but hese are primarily for taking before performing. If you have never taken these before, they kick in roughly around 15-20 minutes of drinking them and do work. You will go to the bathroom about 2 hours later, BAD. That eventually goes away. This partiular one is carbonated but a lot of others arent. You can take this liuke a red bull but i wouldnt recommend it. You will be way too jittery

wayneh910

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wayneh910

Supplements are garbage for your body, lifting is all about consistency in routine and diet. If you want to take unnecessary junk feel free to waste your money on supplements, your body doesn't need any "boost" just consistency.

vipre01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vipre01

If you're new to the gym scene then don't fall into the trap of thinking that the consumption of a pre-workout supplement is necessary. It's not. You can give yourself an energy boost by consuming a banana and some trail mix without having to drink a product that's basically a glorified Red Bull.

Pinker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pinker

NO products have been debunked by enough reputable people to show it's simply marketing and bro-science.

That being said, your mind is a powerful tool. So if consuming one of these prior to a workout means you bust ass that day, even if the science isn't there, it's helping you accomplish a higher level of performance.

Normally they price gouge you for their BSN label, but at a buck a shot, that's not really a factor.

3z3vh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages 3z3vh
vipre01 wrote:If you're new to the gym scene then don't fall into the trap of thinking that the consumption of a pre-workout supplement is necessary. It's not. You can give yourself an energy boost by consuming a banana and some trail mix without having to drink a product that's basically a glorified Red Bull.

You are both correct, and incorrect. A pre-workout supplement (and post-workout) is absolutely necessary. It doesn't have to be some chemical powder or energy drink, but if you try to go work out without anything, you will be in a LOT of pain the next day, and your workout will not have nearly the desired effect.

The supplement CAN be as simple as the right food and drink, but many people prefer a supplement for the pre-workout, because it is difficult to find foods/drinks that will not "slosh around" in your stomach while doing cardio. You can pack a lot more into a powder or supplement than you can get out of a food or drink item.

I am a firm believer in pre-workout supplements, but post-workout, you can just use nutritional food and drinks to recover just fine.

beagletail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beagletail

My experience with N.O. Explode is that it should be called A.N.A.L. Explode.

cougar694u

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cougar694u
ThunderThighs wrote:Did you look at the specs tab? There's supplement facts there with more info.

Yeah, but this is what I'm talking about:

N.O.-XPLODE™ IGNITER SHOT PROPRIETARY BLEND 8g
Contains A Nutrient Suspension Matrix & Peak Power Delivery System

ENER-SHOT
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Glucuronolactone, Methylxanthine (Caffeine), Betaine HCL, Toothed Clubmoss (Aerial Parts) (1% Huperzine A), Bacopa (Whole Plant) (20% Bacosides A&B)

N.O.-ALPHA FUSION
L-Arginine-Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid, L-Citrulline-Malic Acid, L-Arginine-Aspartic Acid, L-Arginine-Pyroglutamic Acid, L-Norvaline

INSULINO MATRIX
Taurine-Citric Acid

OXYGEN COMPOSITE
Di-Calcium Phosphate, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate

GLYCEROL POLYMERS
Calcium Glycerophosphate, Potassium Glycerophosphate, Magnesium Glycerophosphate, Sodium Glycerophosphate

It says 8g total, but how much of each is actually an unknown. AAKG is typically effective in dosages around 3g, which is 37.5% of the entire blend. We pretty much know it's less than 8g, but no other info.

socalwoman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages socalwoman
psaux wrote:Actually ... the arginine is the real kicker. That's the nitric oxide precusor that the NO in the NO Xplode title refers to.

I appreciate this information, thank you!

Seize the Carp!

psaux

DrDong, it's one thing being a snarky, self-righteous jerk if you're right. It's entirely another if you've not even bothered to check your allegations.

See below for detailed response.

DrDong wrote:Wow. You love internet "facts" huh? May I suggest a book or some published medical literature? Have a nice day.

Regarding my post of this:

So, here're some citations...

Arginine/N.O. relationship and N.O. function:
Mayo Clinic data on arginine sourced from Natural Standard (a professional medical reference service)

A non-ideal reference relating to athletic performance impact of vasodilation (I'm not going to spend all day running down links for the lazy.):
An article on PubMed (of the NIH) regarding vasodilation

A study on using lysine to help reduce arginine's stimulation of HSV (implies accuracy of my earlier point, and is from a very strong source):
Another PubMed/NIH article

And, since I'm getting tired of this, a more lay-person-oriented write-up on caffeine and its blood-pressure-raising properties:
Mayo Clinic Q&A on caffeine and blood pressure

Now, sit down and shut up.

n24hour

quality posts: 1 Private Messages n24hour

The real question is, do they work at preventing you from XPLODEing?

kabulykos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kabulykos

In for 7. I've been using NO precursors for 6 years now -- I find the XPAND brand more effective, but anyone unfamiliar with these things (but still familiar with a weight bench) will find value in these... if only for the freedom from scooping anhydrous powders.

Hint to the haters: just because it's sold on bodybuilding.com doesn't immediately make it snake oil.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

psaux wrote:DrDong, it's one thing being a snarky, self-righteous jerk if you're right. It's entirely another if you've not even bothered to check your allegations.

See below for detailed response.

So, here're some citations...

Arginine/N.O. relationship and N.O. function:
Mayo Clinic data on arginine sourced from Natural Standard (a professional medical reference service)

A non-ideal reference relating to athletic performance impact of vasodilation (I'm not going to spend all day running down links for the lazy.):
An article on PubMed (of the NIH) regarding vasodilation

A study on using lysine to help reduce arginine's stimulation of HSV (implies accuracy of my earlier point, and is from a very strong source):
Another PubMed/NIH article

And, since I'm getting tired of this, a more lay-person-oriented write-up on caffeine and its blood-pressure-raising properties:
Mayo Clinic Q&A on caffeine and blood pressure

Now, sit down and shut up.

easy now.
let the refs speak for themselves.

same goes to you, "DrDong."
i don't feel like babysitting today.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

psaux

PemberDucky wrote:easy now.
let the refs speak for themselves.

same goes to you, "DrDong."
i don't feel like babysitting today.

I responded appropriately to libelous comments. To extend your babysitting metaphor, don't tell me woot is going to take the elementary school approach of punishing those who defend themselves along with their assaulter.

waldz

The myth of L-Arginine's effects on recovery and performance on NORMAL HEALTHY (read: without existing cardiovascular conditions) people has been heavily debunked for years now. Please update yourself on the latest research, with this being one of them:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21191143

L-Arginine is the most useless ingredient on that list. I would much rather see Citrulline Malate (not the malic acid-bonded CM in this PWO) or L-Norvaline to deliver the "pumps" (not that the pump even matters, some people just like the feeling)

psaux

waldz wrote:The myth of L-Arginine's effects on recovery and performance on NORMAL HEALTHY (read: without existing cardiovascular conditions) people has been heavily debunked for years now. Please update yourself on the latest research, with this being one of them:

L-Arginine is the most useless ingredient on that list. I would much rather see Citrulline Malate (not the malic acid-bonded CM in this PWO) or L-Norvaline to deliver the "pumps" (not that the pump even matters, some people just like the feeling)

This is quite an interesting study (full text BTW), but this appears to examine only acute arginine consumption, rather than regular dosing. Do you know of any studies going into that? I ask because as recently as this past spring my doctor (who teaches at Harvard Med, so I'd like to think she knows what she's saying) was advising in favor of chronic arginine usage. My understanding from her, as well as documentation like the stuff I cited, was that it needs to be at a consistently high concentration in your system over time to have the desired effect. If that's something that's been tested and disproved, I'd be very keen to see the study, but my own search didn't turn anything like that up.

You do have a very solid point though, that this product, if used independently of other supplements, would by no means produce enough arginine load to have a real vasodilation impact, if such a thing does happen in the first place. (Given the amount I've seen over time in favor of that position, I'll still tentatively remain in that corner for now.)

(P.S. That study also tried to draw a direct relationship (or lack thereof) between arginine, NO, and muscle growth. I've never seen anything claiming anabolism could be directly attributed, so I found that odd. Even the study itself mentioned only one other paper had been produced that even touched on that idea, and that that was in a rabbit. All this in consideration, I think it may be the initial goals of their research may have been skewed in a slightly different direction.)

JBlakeRamey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JBlakeRamey

I am in the Army, and took one of these before a PT test back in 2010 and it's still the best score I've had in my whole career. The things work. They're not going to kill you. Stop being a sissy. If you take physical training seriously, they work. I bought three 12-packs this morning.

sammwolff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammwolff
waldz wrote:The myth of L-Arginine's effects on recovery and performance on NORMAL HEALTHY (read: without existing cardiovascular conditions) people has been heavily debunked for years now. Please update yourself on the latest research, with this being one of them:

GREAT POST. I've been using BSN products for years, mostly for the psychological effects. Think I'll just have a cup of coffee from now on.

sammwolff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammwolff
JBlakeRamey wrote:I am in the Army, and took one of these before a PT test back in 2010 and it's still the best score I've had in my whole career. The things work. They're not going to kill you. Stop being a sissy. If you take physical training seriously, they work. I bought three 12-packs this morning.

If it gets my tired ass off the couch and down to the gym 5 times a week it must do something. How I don't care.