WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Baseball Fantasy

Listen, we don't care what you do with this baseball equipment, whether it's play actual hardball or participate in that bizarre "fantasy" baseball the kids are talking about. What you do with leather gloves and bats in the privacy of your home is your own business, just keep us out of it, OK? 

Quality Posts

• (1:49 PM, 12/21/2012) nwn10 discusses bat bags.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Gatzby wrote:What should you look for in a solid bat bag?

Good question! Ideas, anyone?

I'm just hanging out, really.

nwn10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nwn10
inkycatz wrote:
Gatzby wrote:What should you look for in a solid bat bag?

Good question! Ideas, anyone?

Bags have gotten bigger over the years as many players now lug around their own helmets in addition to gloves, spikes, etc.

Pros: This bag has a separate compartment for shoes to keep other stuff from getting dirty, separate compartments for phones,keys, etc, plenty of room for stuff, good overall price.

Cons: It doesn't appear to have clips to hang your bag on the fence to keep it from getting dirty on the ground.

Nothing wrong with a cheaper bag. IMO they all seem to get trashed after a season or two no matter how nice they are.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

The zoombangs have been getting cheaper almost each time woot has them up! Pretty soon they'll be $5!

that was fun while it lasted!

escapepod87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages escapepod87

Can the compression girdle (and t-shirt, I suppose) be used for hockey? I don't see why not, but figured it's worth putting it out there.

phoenix12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages phoenix12
nwn10 wrote:Bags have gotten bigger over the years as many players now lug around their own helmets in addition to gloves, spikes, etc.

Pros: This bag has a separate compartment for shoes to keep other stuff from getting dirty, separate compartments for phones,keys, etc, plenty of room for stuff, good overall price.

Cons: It doesn't appear to have clips to hang your bag on the fence to keep it from getting dirty on the ground.

Nothing wrong with a cheaper bag. IMO they all seem to get trashed after a season or two no matter how nice they are.

The bag is listed with carabiner fence hooks in the description.
I have used 3 or 4 brands of baseball bags, the Louisville held up better than most, I would say. Good zipper.

zawood1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zawood1
escapepod87 wrote:Can the compression girdle (and t-shirt, I suppose) be used for hockey? I don't see why not, but figured it's worth putting it out there.

I play and coach hockey so I will give a slightly informed opinion. The girdle looks good from the fact that it has tailbone protection. The shirt may not help much since hockey shoulder pads are generally not heavy and you aren't taking hits directly to the top of your shoulders like when tackling in football.

tlivingston1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlivingston1

Does anyone know the difference between these two tee ball bats: distance vs yard? Also how do you determine best length? My 6 year old twins start tee ball this spring and I'd like to know before I buy. Thanks.