0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

I am currently wearing this jacket. I bought from the last time Woot offered them. I am super pleased with the purchase and I will very likely be buying another one for my girlfriend.

klingwoman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klingwoman

Men's Jacket? Is there a sizing chart I'm not seeing?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gideonfrost wrote:I am currently wearing this jacket. I bought from the last time Woot offered them. I am super pleased with the purchase and I will very likely be buying another one for my girlfriend.

I think this one is slightly different. Same material. Raglan sleeves/shoulders. Same fit.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Hans17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hans17

Also curious if we should go off of men's or womens sizing?

kmwheel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmwheel

Cheapest I can find elsewhere is $47, and I do have a special affinity for bonded softshell jackets...hmmm.

ThunderThighs

Staff

klingwoman wrote:Men's Jacket? Is there a sizing chart I'm not seeing?

Yes, it's a Men's jacket and they run true to size.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ehecatl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ehecatl

I would recommend to get a small for women who are between a size 4-6 and a medium for 8-10. my wife has a small one with room to layer a sweater underneath.

redvolvodavid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redvolvodavid

I've found a size chart for your needs:

http://www.fila.com/M-ASCENT-JACKET/LM123Y26,en_US,pd.html?start=16&cgid=mens-tops

Click on the Size Chart link when you go to that page.

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages prissyrabbit
ehecatl wrote:I would recommend to get a small for women who are between a size 4-6 and a medium for 8-10. my wife has a small one with room to layer a sweater underneath.

Any chance you could measure the jacket she got arm pit to arm pit?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I see the size chart that someone else posted. Thanks anyway. Seems as though your sizing estimate is pretty accurate!

rayrui

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rayrui

http://www.kohls.com/p/fila-sport-softshell-jacket.shtml

Sooooo cheeeeeeeeeeap

[MOD: Sooooo no longer available. Also different style - the one we sold before.]

ThunderThighs

Staff

Here's some information from the buyer that compares this jacket to the Fila we sold previously:

The one sold previously was the "Descent". This is the "Ascent". This one differs from the other in that it has raglan sleeves, arm pocket, hidden draw cord at hem, exposed locking zipper pockets. Basically, it's more sporty than the other. Same softshell fabric, fit, and weight as other, though.

FORUM MODERATOR

ingwaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ingwaz

But what are the lengths? i'm 6'4" (194cm) and I usually have to buy 3x shirts and jackets to make sure they're tall enough for me. Is there a size chart that includes the length somewhere rather than just the neck, chest and waist?

pooptydoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pooptydoo

bought one as a gift last time, this one is for me. top quality item, for sure

chuckmister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckmister
ThunderThighs wrote:Here's some information from the buyer that compares this jacket to the Fila we sold previously:

The one sold previously was the "Descent". This is the "Ascent". This one differs from the other in that it has raglan sleeves, arm pocket, hidden draw cord at hem, exposed locking zipper pockets. Basically, it's more sporty than the other. Same softshell fabric, fit, and weight as other, though.

So---that's good stuff?

chuckmister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chuckmister
chuckmister wrote:So---that's good stuff?

&--it's polyester--I can't do polyester shirts cause I FEEL LIKE I'm WEARING PLASTIC, Hot, hot, hot! Any opinion on that factor?

tomcdermot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomcdermot

From what I can tell:

Descent- chest pocket, open front pockets, no pullcord at waist.

Ascent- sleeve pocket, zippered front pockets, pullcord at waist.

So here's the descent:
http://www.fila.com/M-BONDED-JACKET/LM123AQ4,en_US,pd.html?start=3&cgid=mens-tops&prefn1=size&prefv1=XL

And the ascent:
http://www.fila.com/M-ASCENT-JACKET/LM123Y26,en_US,pd.html?start=51&cgid=newitems-mens

jonmohlman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jonmohlman

I can't even buy one, because your wonderful new billing system automatically changes my city every time I type in the correct city and try to go to place the actual order and "fixes" it by changing to the other city with which we share a zip code.

I am not going to place my order now because it will go to somebody else's home in the next town over.

I've ordered tons of stuff from Woot, but apparently it is impossible for the system that is in place now to accept my address and city for what they actually are. I promise my city exists and the zip code is correct. Your system has a serious flaw by overriding the city that was put in by a user based on zip code data.

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337

For those who have this or a similar jacket: how heavy is it? At what temperature and activity level do you feel comfortable wearing it? Would you consider it a layering piece or is it something you can wear as a top layer in slightly chilly weather?

bigphat66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigphat66
jackie31337 wrote:For those who have this or a similar jacket: how heavy is it? At what temperature and activity level do you feel comfortable wearing it? Would you consider it a layering piece or is it something you can wear as a top layer in slightly chilly weather?

Bought 2 of the jackets last round. They are excellent quality although I probably could have used a men's small instead of men's medium. I generally wear a women's large. My husband wears an extra large and that fit fine. My teenage boys liked them a lot. In for 3!

I have been wearing this jacket all of the time. When the temperature is in the upper 30's and 40's I have it layered with a zip up fleece and am plenty warm. It's not bulky and does wick the water away when it is sprinkling or raining. Perfect coat for running in and out of stores shopping or running errands.

bigphat66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigphat66
bigphat66 wrote:Bought 2 of the jackets last round. They are excellent quality although I probably could have used a men's small instead of men's medium. I generally wear a women's large. My husband wears an extra large and that fit fine. My teenage boys liked them a lot. In for 3!

I have been wearing this jacket all of the time. When the temperature is in the upper 30's and 40's I have it layered with a zip up fleece and am plenty warm. It's not bulky and does wick the water away when it is sprinkling or raining. Perfect coat for running in and out of stores shopping or running errands.

Should have mentioned it is really light.

One drawback is that the sleeves do not have the slippery fabric on the inside so putting it on over long sleeve shirts you have to hold your sleeves or you end up with your sleeve all bunched up at your elbow. I found that this drawback is a positive as when layering with a fleece, the fleece stays put when you take it off. No need to put on two coats each time.

iamwiz82

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iamwiz82
jackie31337 wrote:For those who have this or a similar jacket: how heavy is it? At what temperature and activity level do you feel comfortable wearing it? Would you consider it a layering piece or is it something you can wear as a top layer in slightly chilly weather?

I bought the Descent last round and it's a nice jacket for sure. It's very lightweight but for me, at least, I cannot wear it above 35F or so as I overheat. I have worn it as low as 20F and have been very comfortable. It's very well insulated.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Got mine last time, it's nice.

Note: If you wear an XL, buy the 2XL...you, like me, are probably bigger than you think.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

nadh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nadh
ingwaz wrote:But what are the lengths? i'm 6'4" (194cm)

I don't have the actual length measurement, but bought the "Descent" for son, 6' 4 1/2", 195 lbs. He was happy with sleeve and torso length. Looked very sharp.

drpoirier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drpoirier

Does anyone know if these jackets will be cat hair magnets like fleece jackets typically are?

ThunderThighs

Staff

jonmohlman wrote:I can't even buy one, because your wonderful new billing system automatically changes my city every time I type in the correct city and try to go to place the actual order and "fixes" it by changing to the other city with which we share a zip code.

I am not going to place my order now because it will go to somebody else's home in the next town over.

I've ordered tons of stuff from Woot, but apparently it is impossible for the system that is in place now to accept my address and city for what they actually are. I promise my city exists and the zip code is correct. Your system has a serious flaw by overriding the city that was put in by a user based on zip code data.

Egads, I'm sorry. Could you please PM me some more details so I can report this? You can click the envelop beside my name over there <--- to send me a Private Message.

FORUM MODERATOR

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

chuckmister wrote:&--it's polyester--I can't do polyester shirts cause I FEEL LIKE I'm WEARING PLASTIC, Hot, hot, hot! Any opinion on that factor?

Two thoughts...

1) don't wear a jacket as a shirt, unless you're in a movie and the part requires it

2) being lightweight and warm at the same time is one of the benefits of a softshell jacket; to get the same effect from cotton you're garment is going to be bulky/heavy; ever try to run a 10k in a peacoat?

But, to each his/her own! (accept that wearing a jacket as a shirt, thing)

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

drpoirier wrote:Does anyone know if these jackets will be cat hair magnets like fleece jackets typically are?

No. That's the "pile" of the typical fleece that is picking up hair (like a lint brush). Bonded fleece is sleek on the outside, so you should be good unless you wear your jacket inside-out.

Firebert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Firebert
ingwaz wrote:But what are the lengths? i'm 6'4" (194cm) and I usually have to buy 3x shirts and jackets to make sure they're tall enough for me. Is there a size chart that includes the length somewhere rather than just the neck, chest and waist?

The one I bought is 32 inches from the peak of the shoulder to the hem, it is a 2xl.

jsouthard007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsouthard007
ingwaz wrote:But what are the lengths? i'm 6'4" (194cm) and I usually have to buy 3x shirts and jackets to make sure they're tall enough for me. Is there a size chart that includes the length somewhere rather than just the neck, chest and waist?

I'm 6'3" and have a 36" sleeve and I bought a XL on the last sale (the Descent jacket) and the sleeves were plenty long enough and torso just right.

jsouthard007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsouthard007
tomcdermot wrote:From what I can tell:

Descent- chest pocket, open front pockets, no pullcord at waist.

Ascent- sleeve pocket, zippered front pockets, pullcord at waist.

So here's the descent:
http://www.fila.com/M-BONDED-JACKET/LM123AQ4,en_US,pd.html?start=3&cgid=mens-tops&prefn1=size&prefv1=XL

And the ascent:
http://www.fila.com/M-ASCENT-JACKET/LM123Y26,en_US,pd.html?start=51&cgid=newitems-mens

The Descent has zippered pockets.

I have the Descent in XL and XXL (XXL still has tags on it), but I like the Ascent better so if anyone wants to trade for a Descent PM me.

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

I bought two of the Descents last time and they are very, very nice. I would buy a couple more of these Ascents for the drawstring but the mediums are sold out.

ThunderThighs

Staff

FYI: We're at Last Call

FORUM MODERATOR

blessed12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blessed12

I've read through the comments but am feeling a bit confused regarding the exterior of the jacket. Is the outside of the jacket "fleecy" or does it have a smooth polyester finish? The product specs indicate the jacket is "Bonded: 100% polyester" which to me sounds smooth.

whatsmypassword

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whatsmypassword

Good news. I am getting 6 of these because each time it there was something wrong with my credit card. So as usual I kept trying........................

acraigl

quality posts: 43 Private Messages acraigl

Purchased one last time. I'm a medium (not the clairvoyant kind, the physically-in-space-and-time kind) normally, and the medium is perfect for me.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
whatsmypassword wrote:Good news. I am getting 6 of these because each time it there was something wrong with my credit card. So as usual I kept trying........................

Well if you would like six, awesome. If not - please mail support@woot.com ASAP. Thank you so much!

I'm just hanging out, really.

syllikb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages syllikb

Are you out of every size lower than XL already????

daninboulder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daninboulder

Bought 2 last time, XL. Very nice jackets. They are oddly kind of stiff and heavy, but work decent on my cold bike commute. Very comfy and so far good build quality. My mistake last time was getting 2 XL's, because I wanted to layer, which works great. Now this time I will get a L for a cool weather option.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
inkycatz wrote:Well if you would like six, awesome. If not - please mail support@woot.com ASAP. Thank you so much!

If you want to make sure things are settled, also be sure to contact your bank to double check and see what did or didn't go through. If you still have trouble ordering, just be sure to contact support@woot.com - they'll be able to help you out (and are aware of the issue, too, so slightly less explaining to do).

I'm just hanging out, really.