WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How solid is your first aid knowledge?
  • 1.9% - Non-existent. I’m screwed if I so much as twist an ankle. 21
  • 35.6% - Minimal. I can bandage up a cut or a scrape, but beyond that I’m just not sure what I’m doing. 391
  • 50.1% - Solid. I can patch myself or someone else up enough to get them out of danger and find help. 550
  • 12.3% - Advanced. I can perform minor surgery with a pocket knife and some twigs if I have to. 135
1097 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jbenjimin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbenjimin

Right now I can bandage up minor cuts and scrapes.

We're moving in the next couple of months to an area much more likely to be hit by a natural disaster (earthquakes, floods, volcanic activity), so I am already planning on taking a Red Cross first aid/cpr course once we move.

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

I used to be an EMT, Medical Assistant, and Vet Assistant. (yeah, I get around). So that helped with a lot of the basic stuff. But since owning chickens, and there are no vets in the area that will treat chickens, when there's an injury to them, you have to patch them up yourself. I've even performed minor surgery on them at home. So far...all are survivors! Next...my family members...muahahahahaha.