Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

Previous Woot
12-10-2012 (Woot Off)
$149.99

Tralornik

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Tralornik

Unfortunately this model has many complaints about battery longevity per Amazon reviews.

tsterin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tsterin
Tralornik wrote:Unfortunately this model has many complaints about battery longevity per Amazon reviews.

I've been running with a 410 for 3 years now. I run 4-6 times per week and usually charge it after 3 to 5 runs. There was no problem on 2 marathons - 4 hours and still had about 50% battery remaining. I have no complaints with battery life.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Tralornik wrote:Unfortunately this model has many complaints about battery longevity per Amazon reviews.

Hey there, when referring to reviews it's always helpful to link to what you're seeing so everyone can check out the direct quotes.

Much thanks!

I'm just hanging out, really.

chasebechtol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chasebechtol

I have been running with this watch for about 1 1/2 years ( 20 - miles/week). I find the watch to be very easy to use with far more features than I care to use. The only complaint that I have is that while running, the touch screen becomes somewhat difficult to use due to sweat.

chrispy5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrispy5

Have never had any problems with battery life. I can go 3-4 runs between recharges.

Biggest complaint about this is it isn't great for multi-sport athletes - you can't have a bike and a run in the same workout, and change between the two on the fly. But If you are only a runner, you could do a lot worse than this.

pollo316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pollo316

my wife has this watch and she regularly takes my much cheaper Schwinn GSP instead. The Garmin has all sorts of bells and whistles but her biggest complaint - when she sweats or it rains the bezel does not like to respond rendering the watch practically useless for tracking things like sprints - or if you want to stop the watch when your waiting for a redlight.
For the most part if your looking for a basic GPS that works in the rain the Schwinn (which is a rebranded MioQuest or RedClover RC10008-B) is incredibly cheap - i got mine new from an ebay seller for $65. It also comes with a heart rate monitor.

tkindy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tkindy1

Confused.....

Main page has a tag that says "rush it for Xmas...use 2 day shipping".... but when I ordered and selected 2day shipping, it says it will get here 12/26....

Can I assume that the shipping info is "boiler plate language" and that Woot will really get it here by Xmas like the main page said?

Hoping for an answer mr/ms Woot Staff Member...thanks

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tkindy1 wrote:Confused.....

Main page has a tag that says "rush it for Xmas...use 2 day shipping".... but when I ordered and selected 2day shipping, it says it will get here 12/26....

Can I assume that the shipping info is "boiler plate language" and that Woot will really get it here by Xmas like the main page said?

Hoping for an answer mr/ms Woot Staff Member...thanks

Not sure why you would see that arrival date of the 26th if you ordered with 2nd Day Shipping.

I'll forward you post onto staff and see if I can find why you received that message.

Sincerely,
Mr. Forum Moderator

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

From the Garmin website:

"An IPX7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes."

http://www8.garmin.com/footnotes/IEC_60529_IPX7.html

So don't go swimming with this one. Good to know.