WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Night Vision Quest

I'm a busy American Indian coming-of-age youth, and I don't have time to venture into the wilderness on a mind-expanding journey during the day. So I got some night-vision gear to let me spot my spirit animal whenever it decides to show up. Time is money, spirit animal, let's get this thing done tout suite. 

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Which of these will help me see the zombies come?

I'm just hanging out, really.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Great for looking for AT-ATs on Hoth.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

jkaleda

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkaleda

Awesome, now I just need a deal on a quality thermal imager, and I can join the BFRO and find the elusive Bigfoot.

Going Squatching!!!!

SPAM in the place that you live.

bryan1436

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bryan1436

Is something wrong with the picture of the PL75095 goggles? It's as if the corner of some of the pictures is cropped out, or I do not understand how the device is being presented.

For example, this is the overhead picture:

And this is side-angle:

What happened to the other eyepiece from the top-left of the second picture?

Kurosaki

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kurosaki
bryan1436 wrote:Is something wrong with the picture of the PL75095 goggles? It's as if the corner of some of the pictures is cropped out, or I do not understand how the device is being presented.

For example, this is the overhead picture:

And this is side-angle:

What happened to the other eyepiece from the top-left of the second picture?

It looks to me like it is just hidden by the bump on top.

Hatsune Miku is my Idol

alvinrocket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alvinrocket

The goggles! They do nothing.

Or do they? Anyone know anything about these?

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

any reviews on any of them? any of them other than toys?

i assume security companies don't use the ones with 'ghost hunter' in the name?

snakejake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snakejake

What is California so worried about that they don't allow shipping??That's a lot potential sales lost.

SynergyNT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SynergyNT
bryan1436 wrote:Is something wrong with the picture of the PL75095 goggles? It's as if the corner of some of the pictures is cropped out, or I do not understand how the device is being presented.

You aren't seeing how it's presented. The eye pieces angle down slightly. Since the side angle shows them rotated slightly, the other eye piece is just hidden by the rest of the goggles.

seangstewart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seangstewart

No reviews for the Sightmark gear, but the Fire Field Nightfall isn't bad. Reviews here on a 4x50 model...

http://www.opticsplanet.com/fire-field-nightfall-4x50-night-vision-monocular.html

...that is $137+free S&H

kren2000

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kren2000
snakejake wrote:What is California so worried about that they don't allow shipping??That's a lot potential sales lost.

Didn't you watch silence of the lambs?

Seriously.

What Generation are these? Because they talk about IR emitters, I assume they are all Gen 0?

K

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Tough for the uninitiated to grasp the differences between the devices when it comes to the core function - which enables good/better/best night vision. Nothing like sensor data, or a 'scale' of nightvision/light amplification or whatever is provided, so how should one know which one performs better?
Some list the camera resolution - but that's about it it seems?

amosdudley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amosdudley
kren2000 wrote:Didn't you watch silence of the lambs?

Seriously.

What Generation are these? Because they talk about IR emitters, I assume they are all Gen 0?

K

Yep, definitely all Gen 0.

This is actually not a bad thing, unless you are doing reconnaissance of an enemy that also has Gen 0 optics. The IR illumination generally gives a better image than the light-intensifiers of later generations.

CaptMichaels

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CaptMichaels

Here's a post from Amazon. They appear to be really good and solid from what I'm reading across other sites also. This item appears to be an entry level basic NV that works good. They are Gen 1. Apparently, some of them were lemons. Especially the one guy that bought an open box item were the shipping and lack of proper packing probably killed it.

http://www.amazon.com/Sightmark-Eclipse-Night-Vision-Monocular/dp/B003UCF8FW

CaptMichaels

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CaptMichaels

Ah. Found this from the manufacturer.

http://www.sightmark.com/products/night-vision/eclipse-2x24-night-vision-sm14061

thehell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehell

I had disappointing results with the FireField SM18013 Sightmark Twilight 5x50 Digital Night Vision Monocular . Honestly, when I was in the Army 20+ years ago the night vision equipment was better than this glorified toy. Even under a full moon the "night vision" is poor. The only way to get any detail is to turn on the IR-illuminator and that has a limited range.

WootTheHell?