lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PAY ATTENTION TO SHIPPING!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING

NOTE: Not available to all areas and/or orders. Our system checks with FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) and if the order can't be fulfilled in time, the expedited shipping is denied. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We've sold these once before. Would love to hear some reviews from those that purchased it last time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth
ThunderThighs wrote: Would love to hear some reviews from those that purchased it last time.

people didn't have the chance to safari yet.

also from last time:
Please allow 10-12 weeks for processing:
http://www.steiner-binoculars.com/sites/default/files/steiner_rebate.pdf

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Steiner 235 Safari Pro 10x26 Binoculars -Price Comparisons

Today's Woot = $79.99 +$5 Shipping
*$39.51 Less than next lowest price (B&H) Posted

Amazon = $123.71 + Ships Free
http://www.amazon.com/Steiner-Optics-Safari-Pro-Binoculars/dp/B004N52SE4

Optics Planet = $139.79 + Ships Free
http://www.opticsplanet.com/steiner-10x26-safari-pro-compact-binoculars-235.html

ebay = $119.00 + *$6.20 Shipping
*Shipping cost estimated to NC may be variable depending on ship to location
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steiner-235-Safari-Pro-10x26-Binoculars-NEW-/271112175225?pt=Binocular&hash=item3f1f8b7e79

B&H = $124.50 + Ships Free
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/562934-USA/Steiner_235_10x26_Safari_Pro_Binocular.html

**NOTE:
All dealers and listed prices above found using a random Google search. Your own random search may find differing and/or lower prices

rshigenaka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rshigenaka

Just tried to order with 2 day shipping and was given message that only standard shipping is available. What gives?

rshigenaka

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rshigenaka
rshigenaka wrote:Just tried to order with 2 day shipping and was given message that only standard shipping is available. What gives?

Oops. Just read the NOTE. Guess I am out of luck. Will have to make it a gift from the Easter Bunny.

zmaragdus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zmaragdus

I have not tried out these specific binoculars, but I do have a different pair of Steiner binoculars (Military/Marine 7x50). If they are anything like the ones I have, they are of exceedingly high quality.

Be aware, however, that the specific magnification/lens size combination (that is, 10x26) won't give you the incredible view that other binoculars sizes will give. This is still a pocket-size binocular, though very, very, very good pocket-size binocular, I'll admit.

If you want a pocket-size binocular, you can't get too much better than these without shelling out a lot of money. If you want something that is very strong and bright, maybe you should look at full-size binoculars.

P.S. And don't actually keep them in your pocket. These are too nice to be shoved in your pocket and get scratched up by the random junk therein.

momrox1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momrox1

I'm hoping something happens where these arrive by xmas...otherwise a printout of the item stuffed into a stocking

sandyaukland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandyaukland
momrox1 wrote:I'm hoping something happens where these arrive by xmas...otherwise a printout of the item stuffed into a stocking

sandyaukland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandyaukland
sandyaukland wrote:

Not sure you will get them by Christmas but I ordered the last time and they were here within a week.

otherhand

quality posts: 4 Private Messages otherhand

Picked up a pair of these when they were last on Woot, primarily due to the Steiner name and the very low price. Here are my thoughts.

The build quality appears very good. These binocs were made in Germany, not China, which pleasantly surprised me. They seem to be the bottom of the Steiner product line which is still excellent. Even the box they came in was impressive. They are reasonably compact and feel pretty light. Optical quality is better than anything I've ever used, but then I've never owned anything exotically expensive.

A few negatives....the 10x magnification wouldn't be my first choice for compact binocs. They are harder to hold steady at that magnification, although the eye cups help in that regard. The 8 power version would have been better, but Woot's not selling those. These binocs don't come with any sort of lens caps. They do include a carrying case, but it's a little bulky. So if you want to take these binocs into the field you have to use the case to protect them. I find them a little awkward in this regard for backpacking or hiking use. Finally, there's no tripod mount on something this small, which would have helped too in regards to the image steadying.

But overall I like them a lot and at this price I'd buy them again in an instant if I didn't already have a pair. I'm not aware of any other binocular as good as these for this price level. Just be aware of the 10 power magnification.

ChefJoAnnaM

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ChefJoAnnaM

I'm in the market for a pair of binoculars, mostly for looking at wildlife in my backyard, but I'd likely be taking them with me on the occasional outing to a racetrack or stadium event.

How do you know what makes a pair of binoculars "good" for a particular application?

10x26 vs. 8x22... whaaaa? What do the numbers mean?

¡ʎɹƃunɥ ʎɹǝʌ 'ʎɹǝʌ ǝɹɐ noʎ :ǝƃɐssǝɯ lɐuıɯılqns

johaen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages johaen
ChefJoAnnaM wrote:I'm in the market for a pair of binoculars, mostly for looking at wildlife in my backyard, but I'd likely be taking them with me on the occasional outing to a racetrack or stadium event.

How do you know what makes a pair of binoculars "good" for a particular application?

The first number refers to the magnification. So objects will appear to be 10 times bigger, 8 times bigger, etc. Note that the higher the magnification, the harder it is to hold it steady enough to get a good image. As noted by "otherhand" 10X is a little strong, but I have a pair of 15X binocs that I manage to hold steady enough.

The second number refers to the size of the lense, in millimeters. So these have a lense 26mm in diameter. The bigger the lense, the more light it gathers. This is important because when you magnify the image, you're in essense spreading it out. The more spread out it is, the dimmer the image becomes. So you want a big openning to gather lots of light. Those 15X binocs I mentioned are 15x70, because they're astronomy binoculars and they need to gather tons of light. 26mm is plenty wide enough for this sort of application.

I want a Book of Crap.

foyman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages foyman

$91.15 with tax.

fogbullet

donthaveone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donthaveone
zmaragdus wrote:P.S. And don't actually keep them in your pocket. These are too nice to be shoved in your pocket and get scratched up by the random junk therein.

How DARE you insult the contents of my pockets! Why, I could have a ring of power in there!

ChefJoAnnaM

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ChefJoAnnaM

You're awesome, thanks for taking the time to type out that excellent explanation in your reply! <3

¡ʎɹƃunɥ ʎɹǝʌ 'ʎɹǝʌ ǝɹɐ noʎ :ǝƃɐssǝɯ lɐuıɯılqns

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
ChefJoAnnaM wrote:I'm in the market for a pair of binoculars, mostly for looking at wildlife in my backyard, but I'd likely be taking them with me on the occasional outing to a racetrack or stadium event.

These would work quite well for viewing wildlife in your backyard or the occasional stadium event. I have owned a pair for a little over a year (though I paid higher than woot! price for them). I use them at work for reading very small numbers on gas meters in the really hard to get to places (up hills, down ravines, etc.)and they have held up well. They get some abuse but still work as well as the day I bought them. Nice and lightweight, the small size makes them convenient for taking to events. I think you would be happy with these.

computiac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages computiac

What are these made out of ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC